Am I too hrash on our fan base??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Am I too hrash on our fan base???

I think most of our fans are negative, and only like us when we win? People still complain about Triche and MCW, and say boeheim has no control. thoughts?
We have a great fan base, both in the CNY area and everywhere else as well. Syracuse is one of the top 4 or 5 schools in terms of the numbers that come out to support the team on the road, higher still if you only focus on home attendance. SU certainly has the biggest fan base of any school in the Northeast, and it is not even close.

There's a difference between bad fans and realists.

The fan base has a fair share of "Pollyanna" and "comment after every Syracuse.com article" type...both can be irritating.

Perfectly stated.

Both sides of the dichotomy are equally represented.

Perfectly stated.

Both sides of the dichotomy are equally represented.
I looked up definition of "Pollyanna," and have decided I am not one. "An excessively or blindly optimistic person." And I don't think that many of our fans are, either. In fact, I would say most of the people on this board are well within the "Golden Mean."

Gee, was that a Pollyanna statement? :)

we need to fix the student support. for a long term successful program it's atrocious. as for the rest of us i get defensive of the basketball and football programs. people always expect excellence and are too quick to turn on their own. i know this isn't just a Syracuse problem, but there are a few educated fan bases that understand this.

I looked up definition of "Pollyanna," and have decided I am not one. "An excessively or blindly optimistic person." And I don't think that many of our fans are, either. In fact, I would say most of the people on this board are well within the "Golden Mean."

Gee, was that a Pollyanna statement? :)

not simply overly optimistic, but "everything related to Syracuse sports is perfect." We have a large number of fans who act as if an critical statement - no matter how minor or correct they may be - as if it is an attack on their own personal integrity.

Call me Mr. Pollyanna...
if that means never giving up on Cuse BBall until the season's over.

And I think everyone that's a fan of this team should be Overly Optimistic until proven otherwise.
How down and out were we at one point last year? I turned away from the board when things seemed hopeless, people were even less than hopeless. Then, how quickly did things turn around BE and March tourney time? What a roller coaster, but man was it beautiful.

No offense, Moqui. It's just how I feel.

I go to games because I love the sport and support my team. That's what my dad and grandfather taught me. I go because others from my family attend and we tailgate together, along with old college buddies and anyone else we can all drag along. I am a fan and like many hung my head during the GRob years but I kept going hoping/ knowing it would get better. I grew up watching Mac and the like many grew frustrated and bored with coach P. I was excited with DM's passion and enjoyed the few years he stayed with us. I will continue to go to games and see friends and family and cheer on my team! That's what fans do... Many here on this board I am sure are from the background. However if you want to see our fan base at it lowest, its not the radio shows or Syracuse online ( ok maybe it is) it's the bus ride back to Manley after a close loss that brings out the loud bitter fans. Heres to not giving those guys anything to complain about this fall!!! LGO

Sitting in the back of section 139 at the Final Four, there was a group of that was identifying players as they walked to their seats with a chant of their names...some were guys that everyone outside of SU knew...

Haaaa-kiiim Warrick, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, Haaaa-kiiim Warrick
Law-rence Mo-ten, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap

Then, to show what a good fan base we are, its not just the Block, or the all time Big East scoring leader... it is...

Da-vid Si-ock, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap
Bran-don Reeeeeese, clap, clap, clap, clap

There were a few Michigan fans behind us just shocked at the players we knew for our team.

All fanbases have deutsches...I'm a Met fan and I always say that after Yankee fans and Phillies fans, the next fanbase that I hate the most are Met fans. By in large... the SU basketball fan base is amazing.

Sitting in the back of section 139 at the Final Four, there was a group of that was identifying players as they walked to their seats with a chant of their names...some were guys that everyone outside of SU knew...

Haaaa-kiiim Warrick, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, Haaaa-kiiim Warrick
Law-rence Mo-ten, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap

Then, to show what a good fan base we are, its not just the Block, or the all time Big East scoring leader... it is...

Da-vid Si-ock, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap
Bran-don Reeeeeese, clap, clap, clap, clap

There were a few Michigan fans behind us just shocked at the players we knew for our team.

All fanbases have deutsches...I'm a Met fan and I always say that after Yankee fans and Phillies fans, the next fanbase that I hate the most are Met fans. By in large... the SU basketball fan base is amazing.

Is that supposed to be douches? Or are saying that all fanbases have German Banks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom