An Amazing article on the Rutgers Athletic Program and $265 million in debt --worth not getting lost on page 442 of the dumpster fire thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

An Amazing article on the Rutgers Athletic Program and $265 million in debt --worth not getting lost on page 442 of the dumpster fire thread

The article glosses over (does not show the full breakdown) the student fees and other money that Rutgers does not have to pay back. The real losses exceed more than $500MM for the article's time period, and probably exceed $1B, since Rutgers began attempts to play big boy football.

Glad someone is exposing the Rutgers fraud.

ru has politicians backing them. year after year it is said how badly they are managed ,yet get to build new facilities. taxpayers in nj have no say regarding rutgers expenditures--never did. goes back to mulcahy, he knew how to get things done , and then fell on his sword for them.
i believe that if mulcahy was the big east commissioner the conference would have thrived and been proactive in attracting additional members including psu. i wish we had their state money---
the best thing we ever did for ourselves and rutgers was to send them nancy cantor

Just wait. Schiano’s contract says whatever he can raise for a new football facility privately the state will match. The goal is $100mil in private funds

That is a scary article. And they don’t even have a copy of their big 10 contract? Huh?
This is standard for public schools. No Big Ten teams have a copy of their contract by design. Can’t be FOIA’d. I know Maryland didn’t have a copy of their ACC contract back when the B1G came calling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom