An apology... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

An apology...

I'm a hothead to lawrinson. Thats because we are the young people of the board!

You can be a hothead to Lawrinson. Just don't be a hothead to me. Get off my lawn. :)

P.S. - welcome back Lawrinson. Stop being so selfish and depriving us of your awesomeness.

I think you served your punishment by missing the enitre Boeheim Freak Out Meme era. You could have put in mad work on that front, an opportunity lost for this lifetime.

My only question for you is: Do you feel you've been rehabilitated?

I think you served your punishment by missing the enitre Boeheim Freak Out Meme era. You could have put in mad work on that front, an opportunity lost for this lifetime.

My only question for you is: Do you feel you've been rehabilitated?

An "Alice's Restaurant" reference?

Welcome back. We knew you wouldn't be gone long. This is the orange playground. It's difficult to stay away.

I'm a hothead too lawrinson. Thats because we are the young people of the board!
Yes! I am so glad you said it, Cusefan, because when an older person says it to a younger person, the younger person becomes defensive. And I was just about to say the same thing to you. But the fact is that you are in your twenties and passionate! It takes many decades before a human can become even remotely zen. (Word of advice: live as long as possible, because it is totally worth it!) My love for SU bball also makes me feel young again, and although my goal is to be zen much of the time, it is also to be frenzied the rest of the time!

So, you actually really didn't need to apologize but I hope the responses that you have received tell you how much you are valued on this board.

So just so you don't feel left out, I sent a pm to bballbeadle in October to arrange to meet for dinner while I was in Syracuse. Just wanted you to know, lol. Maybe next year you want to join us?
Absolutely. Looking forward to it.

Trueblue25 said:
I'm sure most of us did some stuff we regretted after the Duke loss. I know I did.
My girlfriends being released from the hospital tomorrow. She would agree with you. All I have to show for it is a broken hand.

Lawrinson- your posts and pics really add a great dimension to the board! Thanks for all you do!

So just so you don't feel left out, I sent a pm to bballbeadle in October to arrange to meet for dinner while I was in Syracuse. Just wanted you to know, lol. Maybe next year you want to join us?
Linda! That was supposed to be on the down low.

Nope. It is a reference, but I don't know what Alice's Restaurant is so...

You're a child. It was an anthem of the anti-Vietnam War movement in the 60's. It's long. LIsten to it all the way through..to get the reference..

You're a child. It was an anthem of the anti-Vietnam War movement in the 60's. It's long. LIsten to it all the way through..to get the reference..
Ohhhh. I thought you were referring to:

Oy, you're a young one, too. There is only one "Alice's Restaurant" where Arlo, convicted of littering, is sitting next to the "father-rapers" and is asked whether he has been "rehabilitated" from being a litterer. That was why the song was my immediate point of reference when I saw that word.

I'm sure most of us did some stuff we regretted after the Duke loss.

I know I did.

I did as well...but luckily(??) I wasnt at home to have it spill out onto here. Of course I would have saved a lot of money and given my liver a break if I was on here.

Lawrinson, the board is a better place for having you. But if I recall correctly this is the 2nd grand exit this season, and there is a rumor about a secret 3 strike rule per season ;) I try not to suggest anything, but I've just silently banned myself more than once this season, and even more in in the past...and I'm pretty addicted to this board. Like I said earlier though, I can't take any credit for self control after Duke. Consider yourself blessed your mishaps were just board related my friend!

I admit, that's what popped into my head at first too...and then I remembered it was Mel's Diner. Good to see I wasn't the only one thinking of that show.

After being so mad after the Duke game, I swore to stop watching college basketball for good. The low scoring, the inconsistent refs, the inane 35 second shotclock, the tired storylines on ESPN, etc. And in a childish manner, I chose to share this with all of you.

And now I truly feel bad.

So I'm here to say sorry. Sorry to the board for my childish actions. Sorry to CTO and Tomcat for my brash conversation with them. I'm really working on controlling my emotions after a game and Saturday night was a complete lapse.

Maybe I should just stick to pictures and leave words for those better suited to use them.

You have returned!

mac3.jpg

My second response of the night without reading the thread...I am thrilled to see Lawrinson back!!

You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant. Walk right in, its around the back... just a half a mile from.the rairoad track... you can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant... la la la la la ...restaurant.

Mad props to you for saying sorry...and you certainly don't need to.

Advertising people are the freaking best, dammit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom