An apology... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

An apology...

After being so mad after the Duke game, I swore to stop watching college basketball for good. The low scoring, the inconsistent refs, the inane 35 second shotclock, the tired storylines on ESPN, etc. And in a childish manner, I chose to share this with all of you.

And now I truly feel bad.

So I'm here to say sorry. Sorry to the board for my childish actions. Sorry to CTO and Tomcat for my brash conversation with them. I'm really working on controlling my emotions after a game and Saturday night was a complete lapse.

Maybe I should just stick to pictures and leave words for those better suited to use them.

You should have done what I did. Watch another game right after we lost. It helps.

After being so mad after the Duke game, I swore to stop watching college basketball for good. The low scoring, the inconsistent refs, the inane 35 second shotclock, the tired storylines on ESPN, etc. And in a childish manner, I chose to share this with all of you.

And now I truly feel bad.

So I'm here to say sorry. Sorry to the board for my childish actions. Sorry to CTO and Tomcat for my brash conversation with them. I'm really working on controlling my emotions after a game and Saturday night was a complete lapse.

Maybe I should just stick to pictures and leave words for those better suited to use them.
In the chat room you told me to go root for Duke somewhere else. That was cold man, cold.

In the chat room you told me to go root for Duke somewhere else. That was cold man, cold.

I have actually thought about typing that numerous times over the past few days.

I legit feel bad for it. Sorry.

I find it best to ban myself for at least 5min after a loss . . . . . . . usually this is not enough.
I usually do a day away. The best recovery I have found from a loss, is not by dissecting every foible, but by running far, far, far way from it.
In the '80's I would run off to a local night spot. The Carrier Classic in '82 I was so mad we lost to St. Joe's I showed them by staying at the waterhole till 3 and getting home at 6am. That is one way the phrase "Youth is wasted on the young" does not apply :)

My cure is to watch a movie or TV show that was made long before anyone who played in the game was born.
OMG I am watching the complete series of Wagon Train when I am not on here, that is in great therapy. The last thing I am going to do is watch any thing basketball related for 24 hr. unless its Wilt videos on Youtube.
I missed all the media hubbub on JB. I actually feel I gained on that transaction.

Last edited:
OMG I am watching the complete series of Wagon Train when I am not on here, that is in great therapy. The last thing I am going to do is watch any thing basketball related for 24 hr. unless its Wilt videos on Youtube.
I missed all the media hubbub on JB. I actually feel I gained on that transaction.

I've got the first three seasons of Cheyenne and Maverick and the first two of Sugarfoot. Great stuff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom