Class of 2022 - An Early Look at the Best NYS Prospects for 2022 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 An Early Look at the Best NYS Prospects for 2022

Wow, this is almost too much goodness to absorb at once.

Way-too-early: Do Kai Colon and Daniel Santiago look like those best-situated to end up in Orange?

Wow, this is almost too much goodness to absorb at once.

Way-too-early: Do Kai Colon and Daniel Santiago look like those best-situated to end up in Orange?
I think there is reason for hope both will be good enough and will accept offers. It is hard to be good enough to get a Cuse offer if you are a QB, especially one from an area that is not known for football.

I think there is reason for hope both will be good enough and will accept offers. It is hard to be good enough to get a Cuse offer if you are a QB, especially one from an area that is not known for football.
Henry Belin Cuse offer, correct?

Henry Belin Cuse offer, correct?
Yes, he got an offer very recently (I think it was on February 1st). Given that we have a new OC/QB coach, it means a lot that the offer came after Sterlin was hired.
I have made a few updates, including that one.

I have 7 QBs who I think could play D1 football at the college level in the 2022 class. Very unusual to have to many promising QBs in one class in New York. But of all these prospects, Henry appears to be the most advanced right now. That said, i think it is tough to do a good job evaluating QBs with a minute or two of highlight film. You can’t really judge accuracy of throws, or how they handle the mental challenges of the position.

We don’t see Syracuse offer QBs from NYS very often. Henry is the first. I think we might see a couple more down the road.

Yes, he got an offer very recently (I think it was on February 1st). Given that we have a new OC/QB coach, it means a lot that the offer came after Sterlin was hired.
I have made a few updates, including that one.

I have 7 QBs who I think could play D1 football at the college level in the 2022 class. Very unusual to have to many promising QBs in one class in New York. But of all these prospects, Henry appears to be the most advanced right now. That said, i think it is tough to do a good job evaluating QBs with a minute or two of highlight film. You can’t really judge accuracy of throws, or how they handle the mental challenges of the position.

We don’t see Syracuse offer QBs from NYS very often. Henry is the first. I think we might see a couple more down the road.
Besides Hunt and Kinder, I cannot think of any NY QBs on roster in past 20 years

So 3 in 30 years
If you are going 30 years, you have to include Keith Downing of Rochester and Kevin Mason of Buffalo (West Seneca). And Greg Paulus was from Syracuse. SmilinBob is thinking of Ashton Broyld, who I think only lasted at QB for a week or two of preseason practice his freshman season.

Just checking this. I can tell you East High's Justus Ross Simmons is a stud OLB/ATH. There is also a DT name Jaelin Moss (Fairport) I like. Buffalo St Joe's has a DE/ATH I really like. Name is Jimmy Scott.
“DE/ATH” is definitely the most badass position a player could possibly be listed at. I’d offer for that reason alone.

0B64ACAF-40C9-4095-9067-7381C4C240FE.jpeg

Just checking this. I can tell you East High's Justus Ross Simmons is a stud OLB/ATH. There is also a DT name Jaelin Moss (Fairport) I like. Buffalo St Joe's has a DE/ATH I really like. Name is Jimmy Scott.
Thanks for the tips. Love the film on Simmons and Scott. Added both as top 10 players in the class. I think Moss is a 2021 guy. Have him in my top 50. I think if he can drop a little weight, he could end up in the top 10 as well. Definitely capable of playing at the P5 level.

Thanks for the tips. Love the film on Simmons and Scott. Added both as top 10 players in the class. I think Moss is a 2021 guy. Have him in my top 50. I think if he can drop a little weight, he could end up in the top 10 as well. Definitely capable of playing at the P5 level.
Yes. Just talked to his coach. Jaelin is a junior. I had a old roster that had him as a soph. He earned 2nd AGR this year. We couldnt block the kid.

Also sutomcat Take a look at McQuaid's 2021 DT Aldrin Wilson. Best interior D lineman in Rochester. You literally couldnt move him.
I like Aldrin a lot. Have him ranked the #20 player in the state, but I have him as a 2021 guy. Like him even more than Jaelin Moss.

So what I'm reading is that Babers and the staff better keep in touch with the Rochester area and that their next great DT may be from that area? DT's that can't be blocked are the thing SU needs imo to be a consistent Top 15 and better team.

I am very shocked and saddened that this has been active for a month and there are zero Cobra Kai references for Kai Colon. You have all changed. (Is also a great wrestler name BTW)

other NY QB since mid 80's

Legree QB 07-08 as someone said
Stith in 87
James Jarrett 09-11
kristian Green 89
troy Green 13-15

but they never saw the field I dont think