Class of 2022 - An Early Look at the Best NYS Prospects for 2022 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 An Early Look at the Best NYS Prospects for 2022

So what I'm reading is that Babers and the staff better keep in touch with the Rochester area and that their next great DT may be from that area? DT's that can't be blocked are the thing SU needs imo to be a consistent Top 15 and better team.
Nah they know these kids already and SU has never relied on any kids from NYS to be top 15.

Nah they know these kids already and SU has never relied on any kids from NYS to be top 15.

True they don't but what I'd like to see is a kid from upstate NY be one that helps start this, like Tim Green did when he wore Orange. I don't know money, I just have a feeling some upstate kid is going to make a mark within the next couple of years.

other NY QB since mid 80's

Legree QB 07-08 as someone said
Stith in 87
James Jarrett 09-11
kristian Green 89
troy Green 13-15

but they never saw the field I dont think
Christadulo (SP) from Gloversville an early Mac QB

So with the annual disappointment that is our QB recruiting results, it should help that there are 5-6 QB prospects for 2022??? I think that’s a good thing?

I am very shocked and saddened that this has been active for a month and there are zero Cobra Kai references for Kai Colon. You have all changed. (Is also a great wrestler name BTW)
NYS has what I think is a very strong class of QBs in the class of 2022. Kai might be my favorite. Really good raw tools.

Players in NY, especially at skilled positions, are at a big disadvantage given how few games they get to play. Hopefully the staff gets a chance to see him on film or in person soon.

Semo, Whitfield, McKee and McCauley are all nice prospects as well.

Last edited:
Yes, he got an offer very recently (I think it was on February 1st). Given that we have a new OC/QB coach, it means a lot that the offer came after Sterlin was hired.
I have made a few updates, including that one.

I have 7 QBs who I think could play D1 football at the college level in the 2022 class. Very unusual to have to many promising QBs in one class in New York. But of all these prospects, Henry appears to be the most advanced right now. That said, i think it is tough to do a good job evaluating QBs with a minute or two of highlight film. You can’t really judge accuracy of throws, or how they handle the mental challenges of the position.

We don’t see Syracuse offer QBs from NYS very often. Henry is the first. I think we might see a couple more down the road.
Thoughts on Jamar Ballard and Jerrod Hills as D1 prospects?

Thoughts on Jamar Ballard and Jerrod Hills as D1 prospects?
These two are both local and both class of 2022, so they have plenty of time to develop further.
Ballard is listed at 5'11. 220 pounds. He plays for CBA. Hills is listed at 6'5, 195 pounds. He plays for CNS.

As of their sophomore seasons, they both show promise. Ballard has good agility and power. As of right now, I think he is too slow to play at the P5 level but I think he is definitely a prospect for BCS schools and probably for G5 schools as well. It would help him greatly if he could grow a couple more inches. Doubt he is ever going to be fast enough to be an RB at the P5 level. There aren't many schools that use fullbacks any longer. If he gets big enough to play LB, and maybe DE and TE, that would really elevate his status.

Hills looks like he has some athletic ability but is so skinny right now it is hard to say how much. If he can get up to 220 or more, I like his chances to get P5 scholarship offers. I hope he is lifting and adding strength. Looks like he has a high ceiling if he is willing to work hard to get his body where it needs to be.

These two are both local and both class of 2022, so they have plenty of time to develop further.
Ballard is listed at 5'11. 220 pounds. He plays for CBA. Hills is listed at 6'5, 195 pounds. He plays for CNS.

As of their sophomore seasons, they both show promise. Ballard has good agility and power. As of right now, I think he is too slow to play at the P5 level but I think he is definitely a prospect for BCS schools and probably for G5 schools as well. It would help him greatly if he could grow a couple more inches. Doubt he is ever going to be fast enough to be an RB at the P5 level. There aren't many schools that use fullbacks any longer. If he gets big enough to play LB, and maybe DE and TE, that would really elevate his status.

Hills looks like he has some athletic ability but is so skinny right now it is hard to say how much. If he can get up to 220 or more, I like his chances to get P5 scholarship offers. I hope he is lifting and adding strength. Looks like he has a high ceiling if he is willing to work hard to get his body where it needs to be.
Do you think Ballard’s weight hinders him speed wise? If he dropped some weight do you think he could benefit as a prospect?

Do you think Ballard’s weight hinders him speed wise? If he dropped some weight do you think he could benefit as a prospect?
He looks overweight on the film I saw. My guess is the extra weight slows him down some. If he can drop that, I think it will help him a lot.

I like this kid a lot. Like a lot of the best players from NYS, he moved to NJ to play his junior season. Dual threat guy with legit size.

it wasn’t that long ago that sections 3, 4, and 5 regularly put out multiple p5 players.

thats just evaporated
3 and 5 especially more than 4, but yep. The bodies have evaporated. Graduating classes in Section 4 schools are half or less of what they were in the 70s and 80s. Many schools have dropped football entirely, or as you probably know, have brought back 8 man football.

There were 2 kids from my county who grew up playing 8 man that went on to play D-1. One in the 70s, one in the 80s, and both took circuitous routes to get there. The whole state is a shadow of itself. But that's for another board.