An Interesting Comparison: Triche & Siva | Syracusefan.com

An Interesting Comparison: Triche & Siva

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
I know this may be too late to be relevant to the board, but I was thinking of an interesting comparison from the Louisville game. We all know that Peyton Siva was a player of the year candidate for the Big East, until everyone realized he's not that good. However, in the game against the 'cuse he was struggling hardcore... how did Pitino react? He sat Siva down for Ware for pretty much the entire 2nd half. The comparison I see is that Boeheim had the same opportunity to do the same with Triche in the game. I know Cooney is not quite the player that Ware is, but he had been playing well enough the past few games to warrant Boeheim sitting down Triche, who was really hurting the team with his play in the 2nd half. Pitino was gutsy enough to sit down one of his "stars" who was struggling, to give another player a shot to help win the game... his gamble paid off. I wonder if Boeheim missed his gutsy move to do the same with Triche and Cooney. Do I think that Pitino is a better coach than Boeheim? Not at all. I just think in a similar game scenario Pitino made the gutsy call and Boeheim played it safe. Any thoughts to add to this line of thinking?

I know this may be too late to be relevant to the board, but I was thinking of an interesting comparison from the Louisville game. We all know that Peyton Siva was a player of the year candidate for the Big East, until everyone realized he's not that good. However, in the game against the 'cuse he was struggling hardcore... how did Pitino react? He sat Siva down for Ware for pretty much the entire 2nd half. The comparison I see is that Boeheim had the same opportunity to do the same with Triche in the game. I know Cooney is not quite the player that Ware is, but he had been playing well enough the past few games to warrant Boeheim sitting down Triche, who was really hurting the team with his play in the 2nd half. Pitino was gutsy enough to sit down one of his "stars" who was struggling, to give another player a shot to help win the game... his gamble paid off. I wonder if Boeheim missed his gutsy move to do the same with Triche and Cooney. Do I think that Pitino is a better coach than Boeheim? Not at all. I just think in a similar game scenario Pitino made the gutsy call and Boeheim played it safe. Any thoughts to add to this line of thinking?
Cooney is not close to the player that Ware. It's so far away that the conversation isn't worth having. Now, if it was one of our forwards, Grant is a lot closer to a forward with the talent of Ware. If you know what I mean.

Cooney is not close to the player that Ware. It's so far away that the conversation isn't worth having. Now, if it was one of our forwards, Grant is a lot closer to a forward with the talent of Ware. If you know what I mean.
So you think it was absolutely the right call on Boeheim's part to keep Triche in the entire 2nd half, even though it was easily his worst game of the season?

So you think it was absolutely the right call on Boeheim's part to keep Triche in the entire 2nd half, even though it was easily his worst game of the season?

Dont waste your time

yes. BT can turn it around. Cooney is incapable.

I'm sure you are so wise. We are lucky to have you here.

Chill, don't get your panties all knotted up in a bunch, it's a hassle. It wasn't a direct shot at you; the topic has been beaten to death the past week.

Siva has the speed to counter and mask some flaws. He is just historically really terrible vs SU. Ware is an athlete and a shooter. Could be an all-conference player down the road, imo.

Chill, don't get your panties all knotted up in a bunch, it's a hassle. It wasn't a direct shot at you; the topic has been beaten to death the past week.
And who told you I wear panties. Damn Marsh and his big mouth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom