Non-alumni/ non-local Cuse fans - why? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Non-alumni/ non-local Cuse fans - why?

I’ll try! Until 2023 we could subscribe espn player in italy, so it was a bit easier to watch games. Now, if i want to watch a syracuse game starting at 7 eastern time, i will go sleeping not before 3,30 a.m.
Can you digitally DVR or watch the games on-demand so you don't have to watch them live Italy time and stay up until 3:30am? Although some people don't like watching later if they already know the result especially if we unfortunately lose.

In 1957, when I was a 7-year-old, Jim Brown mastered college gridirons (as a senior and a Heisman candidate) as a Black RB at SU. I was a Long Island kid and Brown had played for the island's Manhasset HS. Plus, he played for SU at a time when Black athletes were not widely recruited by colleges, especially in the South.

Can you digitally DVR or watch the games on-demand so you don't have to watch them live Italy time and stay up until 3:30am? Although some people don't like watching later if they already know the result especially if we unfortunately lose.
No way anymore! When espn player was available in italy (until 2022) I used to watch a lot of games on demand, especially our games starting at 9 p.m eastern time. Now the only way to watch college games here is live or nothing ( i don’t like higlhlights..).

No way anymore! When espn player was available in italy (until 2022) I used to watch a lot of games on demand, especially our games starting at 9 p.m eastern time. Now the only way to watch college games here is live or nothing ( i don’t like higlhlights..).
Also good luck not spoiling the result of the game.

I’m sure the result of the Cuse game is all the city of Milan is talking about on a Sunday morning.

Also good luck not spoiling the result of the game.

I’m sure the result of the Cuse game is all the city of Milan is talking about on a Sunday morning.
This forum ( that i read every day!) is the real danger to spoil the result in my mornings! But, in europe there is really a lot of people who follow college basketball and college football. Of course not like nba or nfl but more than i thought years ago. I don’t know how many guys rooting for syracuse. We need to win a national championship again to discover how many!

This forum ( that i read every day!) is the real danger to spoil the result in my mornings! But, in europe there is really a lot of people who follow college basketball and college football. Of course not like nba or nfl but more than i thought years ago. I don’t know how many guys rooting for syracuse. We need to win a national championship again to discover how many!
There are instances, usually work-related, when I cannot watch live, so I DVR. Sometimes I cannot resist the temptation to see the result. If it is an especially bad game and we solidly lose I sometimes automatically delete. If it's a heartbreak loss, I will watch to see where we lost it. If we win I enjoy the whole thing very slowly and savor every second.

Syracuse is New York (State’s) team. I know that slogan caught some flak but it’s true, in my experience. My point being, any NY state resident should basically count as local to Syracuse, even the ones near borders that might be closer to other schools of consequence. NYC is its own beast, so maybe that’s excluded.

I mean, after you remove the dorks who became fans of front runners like the Duke’s and Alabama’s of the world, what other team is a NY kid gonna pick? Army?… Cornell? Maybe their parents’ school?

I grew up near Sylvan Beach, NY. Syracuse is ‘local’ in my book and I’d consider it local even if I grew up in a log cabin with no internet in the Adirondacks. It was the only show in town and its central location, with easy access from practically anywhere in the state, along with affordable prices relative to professional teams, and TV distribution made/makes it the only show in town for a lot of NY.

I’m a fan because cheering for any other school just wouldn’t have made any sense.

I had friends at Cuse who lived off campus and had a dog named Newhouse. I knew somebody else who had a dog named James Arthur after HOF JB.
my current dog is named Joba-chamberlain. Damn hes old. Joba 'my dog' was born August 7, 2007, which was the day, or close to the day of Jobas ejection vs Boston...I hate the red sox; cool city...but when he got ejected playing against the red sox...he was good to me, hence joba my dog.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom