An old power is rising again in the East! | Syracusefan.com

An old power is rising again in the East!

chakka3421

All Conference
Just got back from NYC - god I love the old NE football in the snow, sleet and rain. We manhandled those pussies from West Virginia - if you could see the tears in my eyes mixed in with the rain and snow watching that game - wish we could use some of that ACC money to go back to an open air FB stadium! Freezin my you now what off but not feelin it cause I was loaded!!!

We are really sitting pretty right now:

1. Ped St on the fall
2. Rutgers the new doormat of the B1G
3. UCONN - F them!
4. BC - who are they besides hockey which I grant them that!

Who is left folks? An old power is rising again in the East and thats SU baby! God I love our program right now!

Did I say yet that WVA coaches are the biggest pussies? DH is on the same level as Kippen imo which is the lowest of the low - 2 pussies right there!

I am just sooooooooooooooo happy right now! OK now I am off to read Orangeyes articles = ha ha = it will take me the rest of the night cause their so many of them!!!

Did I say that WVA dude is really a dudette?

Man I got this feeling we are going big time next year - 10-3 season predicted right here and now! I really love our FB program right now!

Anyone else out there lovin it right now? I am sure you are all their just havent read the forum yet! God bless you all and god bless Marrone, the coaches and the players! Happy New Year!

Open air stadium... You're nuts. Most precipitation of any American city. Sept-oct would be fine, but no Nov would suck.

10-3 next year is a stretch. We will have an unproven QB, and a less than average defense. Next year is going to be a dogfight to get bowl eligible, but I think we'll do it.

Man I got this feeling we are going big time next year - 10-3 season predicted right here and now! I really love our FB program right now!

Open air stadium... You're nuts. Most precipitation of any American city. Sept-oct would be fine, but no Nov would suck.

10-3 next year is a stretch. We will have an unproven QB, and a less than average defense. Next year is going to be a dogfight to get bowl eligible, but I think we'll do it.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not liking you!

I tend to agree. We lose a ton offensively and i am very concerned about the qb position.

a less than average defense - are you nuts??? explain how this defense is not BETTER next season than this year? LBs - all back plus stud juco coming in. DL will be the deepest in years and will be huge (Bromley will have a huge season). DBs - Shamarko will be missed, but the corners will be fantastic and deep.

a less than average defense - are you nuts??? explain how this defense is not BETTER next season than this year? LBs - all back plus stud juco coming in. DL will be the deepest in years and will be huge (Bromley will have a huge season). DBs - Shamarko will be missed, but the corners will be fantastic and deep.

Don't we also lose Goggins and Diet Tab?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Don't we also lose Goggins and Diet Tab?

yes - think they're both good players, but not irreplaceable - think the loss of Shamarko has the potential to be felt more than either of those two

yes - think they're both good players, but not irreplaceable - think the loss of Shamarko has the potential to be felt more than either of those two

Love Shamarko, but in the grand scheme of the defense Diet Tab is the biggest loss.

Love Shamarko, but in the grand scheme of the defense Diet Tab is the biggest loss.

I love Diet Tab but were not losing Katzenmoyer/Hawk in there prime here, he had plenty of games where he simply was a non factor this year, good player but hardly irreplacable.

we shall see - Shafer seems to be able to plug in LBs every year without much of a dropoff - between the guys already on the roster and the new kid coming in I think the LBs will be at least as good as the 2012 version

I love Diet Tab but were not losing Katzenmoyer/Hawk in there prime here, he had plenty of games where he simply was a non factor this year, good player but hardly irreplacable.

Who replaces him next year? That position will be more important and harder to fill than Shamarko at safety. MLB is the moat important position on D.

we shall see - Shafer seems to be able to plug in LBs every year without much of a dropoff - between the guys already on the roster and the new kid coming in I think the LBs will be at least as good as the 2012 version

The lb position has killed us 2 of the last 4 seasons. You guys are too drunk in this Shafer is god thing. Check his defenses rankings the last 5 years. You can't just plug and play MLB. Its not XBox.

The lb position has killed us 2 of the last 4 seasons. You guys are too drunk in this Shafer is god thing. Check his defenses rankings the last 5 years. You can't just plug and play MLB. Its not XBox.

it's not like Diabate was a 3 year starter at MLB - Shafer plugged him in last season and it worked out - not exactly Derrell Smith (until the bowl game), but he was solid. No reason to think he couldn't do the same this year and get equal or better results from someone else.

shafer isnt god but he is our best coach

Agreed. We struggle to get fan turnout in the best of conditions, the idea that casual fans will flock to an open air stadium in bad weather in Syracuse is borderline insane. The die hards that post nonsense like that are the only ones that will show up. Absolutely horrible business model from people that choose to not know the market.

Who replaces him next year? That position will be more important and harder to fill than Shamarko at safety. MLB is the moat important position on D.

Bees - I thought that is why we went out and got big Luke. He is a top 50 Juco according to rivals. He may even be able to play 3 years from what I understand. Doesn't he enroll this Jan?

Besides with a sack, forced fumble and six tackles Lynch started showing flashes ... kid is going to be a player next year ... plus another season for Davis in the S&C program ... LBs are on the upswing ... if Archy (the JUCO) is good and able to play the MIKE ... all I can say is look out ... we will be deeper and better.

Spruill.

Spruill.

I agree that is who I think will be the MLB next year. My basic point here was that it is tougher and more important to replace a MLB than a safety. I also think this year, Diet Tab had a great season and is more important to replace than a safety.

shafer isnt god but he is our best coach

I like Shafer and am glad he is on our side. But I'd take Hackett over him.