Anae/Dino | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anae/Dino

There’s definitely something going on between these two that needs a night out on the town to fix.

I obviously don’t know enough to point any fingers but I am reminded that when we hired them, everyone had nice things to say about Beck, no one seemed to have nice things to say about Anae.

That true? Last night was the first “heated” exchange between the two and they talked through it. Confrontation is good in life so long as it doesn’t get personal and people move on. As an aside, I thought Anae was brilliant last night.

You know, now that you mentioned it, I've been wondering the same. He may come back after this season, but if he's truly been injured, he may not want to risk another season in college.
If he plays another year of college football, if he wants huge yardage (like 2021), SU is probably not his best spot.

That true? Last night was the first “heated” exchange between the two and they talked through it. Confrontation is good in life so long as it doesn’t get personal and people move on. As an aside, I thought Anae was brilliant last night.

There were some press conference comments recently by Dino as well. I just think a couple of egos have been clashing.

But as you said, if they work through it, great. Would hate to lose a well qualified OC because two alphas are trying to roar over each other.

Taking the knee to waste time is rarely the right answer. Score the points, fire up the defense, make the opponent work that much harder. Besides, there is no guarantee the opponent won’t be fired up at the obvious insult of taking the knee, they could stop the drive and score.

As it was, scoring put BC in the hard place of limited time, opportunities for mistake, and failure. Which worked out just fine for SU. And usually does in similar situations. Just this fan's opinion.
I don’t disagree. I think that that’s the question that might have been on the table.

You know, now that you mentioned it, I've been wondering the same. He may come back after this season, but if he's truly been injured, he may not want to risk another season in college.
He didn’t walk. But I wouldn’t put a whole lot into that. He’s not a senior. Mikel and Sean both said they’ll decide after season once they consult.

Mikel walked and from our interactions with him, he’s gone. He was soaking it all up and should move on and get paid. Same with Garrett W.

We wished all the obvious guys good luck in the NFL draft and none of their responses indicated they would be back. Obviously there’s a rare case like Andre this year but he clearly changed his mind.

He didn’t walk. But I wouldn’t put a whole lot into that. He’s not a senior. Mikel and Sean both said they’ll decide after season once they consult.

Mikel walked and from our interactions with him, he’s gone. He was soaking it all up and should move on and get paid. Same with Garrett W.

We wished all the obvious guys good luck in the NFL draft and none of their responses indicated they would be back. Obviously there’s a rare case like Andre this year but he clearly changed his mind.

All 4 of those guys - Berg, Tuck, Kel,
& GW - need to go to the NFL.

Cuse needs more dudes in the NFL, to point out to croots, and to show you can indeed get there from here.

Berg is prolly a Day 2 guy.

Tuck is a RB, and it’s rare for them to be drafted high anymore.
RB’s have a hard cap on their odometers, and he needs to use the remainder of his mileage on Sundays.

Kel has played 4 years, and been a Captain for 3 of them.
What’s left for him to do in college?

And G-Dub can follow the footsteps of Dre and Trill, and make the League in spite of coming off an injury.

I thank them all for what they’ve done here, and am glad they all get to go out with a winning season and a bowl game.

Dino mentioned last week he had a conversation with an unnamed player coming back.

Few names make sense there. I don’t consider Wax, Caleb or Jahad any of those names

All 4 of those guys - Berg, Tuck, Kel,
& GW - need to go to the NFL.

Cuse needs more dudes in the NFL, to point out to croots, and to show you can indeed get there from here.

Berg is prolly a Day 2 guy.

Tuck is a RB, and it’s rare for them to be drafted high anymore.
RB’s have a hard cap on their odometers, and he needs to use the remainder of his mileage on Sundays.

Kel has played 4 years, and been a Captain for 3 of them.
What’s left for him to do in college?

And G-Dub can follow the footsteps of Dre and Trill, and make the League in spite of coming off an injury.

I thank them all for what they’ve done here, and am glad they all get to go out with a winning season and a bowl game.
Paging Adam Weitsman

Yeah, that was interesting. One question in play (that the announcers didn’t even mention) is whether we should instruct tucker to take a knee if in that situation to waste a couple downs before scoring.
I would say no. We weren't going to run the clock out and there's no guarantee we get in the endzone. Go up 8 and make them score a TD and get a 2 pt conversion. I would've felt uncomfortable if we were held to a FG and were only up 4 giving them the ball back.

There’s definitely something going on between these two that needs a night out on the town to fix.

I obviously don’t know enough to point any fingers but I am reminded that when we hired them, everyone had nice things to say about Beck, no one seemed to have nice things to say about Anae.
This assumption comes with its own set of problems, but if we assume Anae's ph d represents some level of intelligence related to his peers, there's a chance Anae feels like he's constantly surrounded by meatheads and gets really frustrated by that reality.

Who even is our rb coach? For the love of god give Allen some run.
They did. He had a couple carries, a catch, and a kick return. I think he was targeted on another pass or two and he was in the game a number of times where he just didn't get the ball. He and Tucker were in the game together a number of times. Given how anemic the offense was for three quarters, 2nd string guys weren't going to get much run. They've utilized him more the last couple weeks. He seems to be gaining their trust. Since Tucker has looked healthier though, it's hard to justify taking the ball out of his hands unless it's a game where he gets a ton of touches early.

I don’t think that’s on the rb coach. I’d talk to dino and anae about that one. I understand the importance of tucker but come on. Keep tuckers legs fresh and give a little different of running style a chance. I haven’t another program commit to one rb like we have. I’m not saying it’s uncommon, iv just never witnessed it.
I believe guys like Ron Dayne and Ricky Williams may have been.

My understanding is that academic juniors are not allowed to walk. Only academic seniors and grad students.

Anae gets pretty riled up at times. Dino was just trying to calm him the hell down.

Disagreements happen amongst the staff. I don’t like disagreements with the HC though. You follow your leader. And if you don’t, it’s usually indicative of other problems.

I’m not even saying that’s what happened here, just speaking generally.

Last edited:
Dino told him he was fired and they laughed and laughed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom