Analysis from the Louisville side | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Analysis from the Louisville side

I think we'll find Louisville in a bowl game. Cunningham is too crafty for most defenses. He almost got away from us a couple of times. I don't think it was him. He wasn't bad. Our defense is just really good.

I think the fact that he effortlessly has beaten us 3 times has something to do with the drop in his performance and its understandable.

Tough start for Lville now going on the road to UCF Friday. Good mobile QB matchup Plumlee wasn't bad at Ole Miss Corral was just better.

I think we would have opened with Clemson if they were playing GT on campus this year. Would have beat them too.

Has there ever been a Louisville football fan on this board? I can't remember seeing one.

My brother in law went to Kentucky. One of the few things that we agree on is that Louisville fans are terrible.

But if I was to put myself in the awful position of being a fan of the Cardinals, I suppose I would be feeling confident about the following:
- Satterfield as the HC. The guy was enormously successful at Appalachian State.
- Recruiting has been getting better and better. As of now, they have 1 5-star and 8 4-stars committed.
- Their record last year was only 6-7 but they were relatively close to winning in 5 of the 7 games.

I could see why, in August, they could be feeling high on their team's chances and that the Syracuse game would not be a challenge.
It was a sugar high, unfortunately.
Their recruiting class is the type that we need in order to gain consistency. Also, can't underestimate the importance of depth. If we have a good season we need to capitalize on it. Otherwise, it is back to the dregs. 4* Recruits need to be confident that Syracuse is a winner. the future of recruiting rides on this season.

Am I the only one who didn't notice most of the false starts and thought the flags were too much. I swear one of them was when the OL was going down to get set.

Dino and a media person both said Lville was doing things that they aren’t suppose to which caused some of our movement.

There were literally TWO in a row where I swear that the line never got set, and got called for it anyway.

It was absurd.

Just watched them. The goal line FS by Ellis was little quick but it was a FS. And the later two was the Bleich moving his butt a little, and a clear FS/snap infraction by Vett after that.

I have the game open, I can check another drive if you can think of one where they too quick on the flag.

Maybe it's a sign of the guys want to move fast or have been moving faster in practice. It's fixable.

Dino and a media person both said Lville was doing things that they aren’t suppose to which caused some of our movement.
Any thoughts on what he meant?

One thing i noticed during pregame warmups - the Louisville players and assistants were more focused on dancing and getting worked up into a frenzy than getting ready. I even said as much to my wife.
Meanwhile, SU looked very focused and deliberate.

Only rule I know of is the defender can’t make a move which attempts to make the OL move.
maybe someone was clapping/chirping who knows? lining up wrong hurts cause those are easier to spot as a wr. we went in motion wrong several times but only a couple ended up with penalties by the time the ball was snapped.

maybe someone was clapping/chirping who knows? lining up wrong hurts cause those are easier to spot as a wr. we went in motion wrong several times but only a couple ended up with penalties by the time the ball was snapped.
I agree. I think some of the UL defenders were making noises just before the snap, trying to disrupt things.

I do not think is the first time they have been accused of this either. It is a shame refs don’t do their jobs and enforce the rules. That is what they are paid to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom