Class of 2020 - And another one..And another one | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 And another one..And another one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to be a killjoy but really really hope we land a couple good guys this coming weekend or this weekend. I think they're here now because I've been kind of disappointed or underwhelmed is a better word in the way things have been going recruiting wise. I mean we just won 10 games, you think things will be a little bit better and Recruiting A Little Bit Stronger right now but I haven't been paying crazy amount of attention to it right now hopefully we're just off to a little bit of a slow start will pick it up soon. I'm thinking if Dino cant recruit here or take it to the next level nobody can

Last edited:
Hate to be a killjoy but really really hope we land a couple good guys this coming weekend or this weekend. I think they're here now because I've been kind of disappointed or underwhelmed is a better word in the way things of you have been going recruiting wise. I mean we just want 10 games, you think things will be a little bit better and Recruiting A Little Bit Stronger right now but I haven't been paying crazy amount of attention to it right now hopefully we're just off to a little bit of a slow start will pick it up soon. I'm thinking if Dino cant recruit here or take it to the next level nobody can
It’s funny, I think we are doing really well.

It’s funny, I think we are doing really well.
Fair enough, like I said haven't been following as closely as I should but what I usually gauge a player by is his offers the player has or lack there off. The teams that were beating out right now I don't know just not too impressed so far but that can change

Fair enough, like I said haven't been following as closely as I should but what I usually gauge a player by is his offers the player has or lack there off. The teams that were beating out right now I don't know just not too impressed so far but that can change
If our staff is offering at a camp and accepting a commitment this early, then it is a good get, regardless of his other offers.

Hate to be a killjoy but really really hope we land a couple good guys this coming weekend or this weekend. I think they're here now because I've been kind of disappointed or underwhelmed is a better word in the way things have been going recruiting wise. I mean we just won 10 games, you think things will be a little bit better and Recruiting A Little Bit Stronger right now but I haven't been paying crazy amount of attention to it right now hopefully we're just off to a little bit of a slow start will pick it up soon. I'm thinking if Dino cant recruit here or take it to the next level nobody can
Sorry, but 1 good season in 17 years won't move the needle a ton. In another thread someone was baffled how UNC can be out recruiting us. UNC dating back to 08 won between 7-11 games almost every year except for the last 2. They also have put over 40 players in the NFL draft since then. There is a lot of value in cache. We built a cache of ineptitude, and awful football over 17 years. We need a few consecutive 7+ win seasons if we expect recruiting to improve.
That being said, I see nothing wrong with what we have been landing. As long as Dino is a good evaluator of talent, and so far he seems to be, he'll keep us competitive in the ACC.

Sorry, but 1 good season in 17 years won't move the needle a ton. In another thread someone was baffled how UNC can be out recruiting us. UNC dating back to 08 won between 7-11 games almost every year except for the last 2. They also have put over 40 players in the NFL draft since then. There is a lot of value in cache. We built a cache of ineptitude, and awful football over 17 years. We need a few consecutive 7+ win seasons if we expect recruiting to improve.
That being said, I see nothing wrong with what we have been landing. As long as Dino is a good evaluator of talent, and so far he seems to be, he'll keep us competitive in the ACC.
Also, a desirable brand name school, good academics and a great location.

This staff can recruit, when you are at a school that has lost as often as we have for the better part of 15 years and isn’t an iconic football brand it is a process. You put Dino at Nebraska and they are reeling in big classes because Nebraska is still an iconic brand even if they fell off and lost some of their identity joining the Big 10. You put Scott Frost at SU and he would be going through the same process Dino is. Just to use one example. It’s like the NBA, you have to generally take a step at a time to win a title you don’t go from last place to a champ in two years. We are getting higher rated kids to visit, that is step 1. Step 2 is closing on some. Keep winning that will happen

If our staff is offering at a camp and accepting a commitment this early, then it is a good get, regardless of his other offers.
Given the sheer number of "offers" our staff extends, I'd think if they're accepting camp offers it shows just how much the staff likes the player.

Last edited:
I don't understand how anybody can be baffled about North Carolina out recruiting us. Bottom line they are in a talent-rich area, we're not at all, we might be in the worst football Talent area there is which is a huge reason for the struggles that we have recruiting

There is definitely some truth to what you're saying and you make good points I just would hope that they would be a little bit of an uptick in recruiting. I tend to be a little bit impatient from time to time LOL

There is definitely some truth to what you're saying and you make good points I just would hope that they would be a little bit of an uptick in recruiting. I tend to be a little bit impatient from time to time LOL
I understand what you’re saying, but this staff can really identify talent. If they are accepting a commitment at this stage, be confident the kid is a player.

I don't understand how anybody can be baffled about North Carolina out recruiting us. Bottom line they are in a talent-rich area, we're not at all, we might be in the worst football Talent area there is which is a huge reason for the struggles that we have recruiting
Definitely not something that I like to point out but facts we're at a pretty big disadvantage when it comes to recruiting upstate New York because there just isn't hardly any talent to go around. It is really amazing to be honest what Dino has done here and I just pray that he does not get frustrated in certain area's and just want to go elsewhere

Hate to be a killjoy but really really hope we land a couple good guys this coming weekend or this weekend. I think they're here now because I've been kind of disappointed or underwhelmed is a better word in the way things of you have been going recruiting wise. I mean we just want 10 games, you think things will be a little bit better and Recruiting A Little Bit Stronger right now but I haven't been paying crazy amount of attention to it right now hopefully we're just off to a little bit of a slow start will pick it up soon. I'm thinking if Dino cant recruit here or take it to the next level nobody can
I think the seemingly slow start can be interpreted in a number of ways. It seems clear to me that the staff is being way more selective this cycle. The last week has seen a very solid core group form and I think the upside is tremendous.

This staff can recruit, when you are at a school that has lost as often as we have for the better part of 15 years and isn’t an iconic football brand it is a process. You put Dino at Nebraska and they are reeling in big classes because Nebraska is still an iconic brand even if they fell off and lost some of their identity joining the Big 10. You put Scott Frost at SU and he would be going through the same process Dino is. Just to use one example. It’s like the NBA, you have to generally take a step at a time to win a title you don’t go from last place to a champ in two years. We are getting higher rated kids to visit, that is step 1. Step 2 is closing on some. Keep winning that will happen

I pretty much agree but Brohm is killing it by our standards and his two top players are from NY and NJ of all places.

I pretty much agree but Brohm is killing it by our standards and his two top players are from NY and NJ of all places.

Yeah I can’t figure that out he must be super recruiter or something. He seems to have a cache that is hard to fathom coming off 6-7 and 7-6. I guess there is an exception to everything..

Yeah I can’t figure that out he must be super recruiter or something. He seems to have a cache that is hard to fathom coming off 6-7 and 7-6. I guess there is an exception to everything..

We cant sell early playing time to elite recruits right now, and havent sustained winning enough for elite recruits to be willing to come and sit for 2 or 3 years. 8-4 or better, competitive against Clemson, better attendance, and another bowl game, should really help for 2021/2022.

The last class really shaped up late and the last two have fit together nicely. Im not super stoked right now either, but we have some good pieces and have filled some needs so far.

We will be fine. We can afford to bring in kids at this point who can be turned over to Wolverine.
We need some adult ready to play DTs big time other than that we are ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom