...and that's how the season ends -- not with a bang, but with a whimper | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

...and that's how the season ends -- not with a bang, but with a whimper

Listening to the game on the radio… but does the team not understand the concept of ensuring you get last shot in a tie game. Maybe I missed something because of radio.
there was a 5-6 second differential between the game & shot clock

Listening to the game on the radio… but does the team not understand the concept of ensuring you get last shot in a tie game. Maybe I missed something because of radio.
There was 5 seconds over the shot clock. No matter what, wake was gonna get the ball

Lost in the first round of the ACCT... again.

In the dreaded 8/9 game, after a thoroughly mediocre season landed us there.

We're unlikely to qualify for the NIT.

If we get into the CBI, I assume we'd turn it down. So the season is in all likelihood OVER -- at noon on a Wednesday.

The only question remaining is whether this outcome will also apply to our HOF coach's illustrious, 47 year career.

Ugh...
Hopefully JB does the right thing and retires, the university needs a new face for the basketball program.
They need to start the rebuilding of the program now. It was a great career, thank you JB, but it's time to stop the bleeding.

There were 6 extra seconds no way you can ensure last shot. Awful coaching and we ended up with the worst look imaginable.

This can’t continue for a program like us and I pray it’s not an assistant who gets the job.

I hope people realize how bad that final possession was. And it was almost guaranteed to be bad. You cannot do something that will cause a live ball run out. That happens mostly with long, bad shots.

It's too predictable.

If my math is right Boeheim now 1-8 in ACC tourney games.
Does the Pandemic Eve game in 2020 where we randomly destroyed UNC count? I think he has more than 1 but your point is well taken. We've sucked in the ACCT.

Hopefully JB does the right thing and retires, the university needs a new face for the basketball program.
They need to start the rebuilding of the program now. It was a great career, thank you JB, but it's time to stop the bleeding.
Another dreadful interview at half by JB. He gives the poor interviewer a snotty answer and then walks off before she can ask another question. It's time for someone who can handle it better.

Absolutely, which is why you want something that is not a run out down the court.
6 second differential, WF would’ve gotten a shot regardless.

Joe has made more boneheaded plays than any Orange starting senior than I’ve ever seen.
Sincerely hope he’s gone!
What was he supposed to do on the last shot? Judah pass to Benny in a dribbling spot? Joe - who killed us for sure - gets stuck with the ball after everyone including the head coach, turtles up.

Mentally unstable? Come on
Guy rips his shirt off before the game is over is not someone who is mentally locked in IMO.

I'm not judging his mentality as a competitor. You gotta reign it in. That was unacceptable

There were 6 extra seconds no way you can ensure last shot. Awful coaching and we ended up with the worst look imaginable.

This can’t continue for a program like us and I pray it’s not an assistant who gets the job.
People need to give some credit to Wake's defense on that last play and throughout the game. But, you would have thought we would have done something much different, like attack the hoop.

Seth Greenberg on ESPN calling for Jim to retire.

Red was on his staff and is the likely next step. Kind of surprised however he would say that on National TV

I hope people realize how bad that final possession was. And it was almost guaranteed to be bad. You cannot do something that will cause a live ball run out. That happens mostly with long, bad shots.

It's too predictable.
Giving wake a long clock with no timeouts would have forced them into a bad last second heave. You call up the best play and get 2 or an open 3.

Beyond awful.