...and that's how the season ends -- not with a bang, but with a whimper | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

...and that's how the season ends -- not with a bang, but with a whimper

What was he supposed to do on the last shot? Judah pass to Benny in a dribbling spot? Joe - who killed us for sure - gets stuck with the ball after everyone including the head coach, turtles up.
There was no motion in that last possession. Not sure what JAB is cooking up on that whiteboard at all. I mean run a screen for joe to shoot at least.

That was not Joe's fault IMO. The fault lied with the hot potato of no one wanting to take the last shot and no one having any idea how to screen for another guy to get a shot off

Guy rips his shirt off before the game is over is not someone who is mentally locked in IMO.

I'm not judging his mentality as a competitor. You gotta rein it in. That was unacceptable
That’s a massive reach.

I hope people realize how bad that final possession was. And it was almost guaranteed to be bad. You cannot do something that will cause a live ball run out. That happens mostly with long, bad shots.

It's too predictable.
How do you not go to the hole with how they were calling the game and time remaining?

A long shot is basically the only thing not to do

There were 6 extra seconds no way you can ensure last shot. Awful coaching and we ended up with the worst look imaginable.

This can’t continue for a program like us and I pray it’s not an assistant who gets the job.
Bennie should have taken it, gone for the And1. He was the hot hand and only marginally covered.

Instead, he went with script and fed Joe.

The next good play call I see out of Boheim after a timeout may be the first.

Red was on his staff and is the likely next step. Kind of surprised however he would say that on National TV
Why suprised? Dickie V called him out in the middle of a game.

How do you not go to the hole with how they were calling the game and time remaining?

A long shot is basically the only thing not to do
Better yet, ending on a long fading 2. Which we apparently love to shoot.

God that ending was all too freaking perfect.

End the madness, please!

Lost in the first round of the ACCT... again.

In the dreaded 8/9 game, after a thoroughly mediocre season landed us there.

We're unlikely to qualify for the NIT.

If we get into the CBI, I assume we'd turn it down. So the season is in all likelihood OVER -- at noon on a Wednesday.

The only question remaining is whether this outcome will also apply to our HOF coach's illustrious, 47 year career.

Ugh...
You have to pay to play in the CBI. That should tell you what kind of operation that is

What was he supposed to do on the last shot? Judah pass to Benny in a dribbling spot? Joe - who killed us for sure - gets stuck with the ball after everyone including the head coach, turtles up.

During the timeout they showed our bench and JB. The play being drawn up was for Judah to get it to Benny who then gets it to Jesse. They are the only two JB spoke too. They fronted Jesse and the pass wasn’t there for Benny to make. He then could have shot or passes to someone else. He passed it to Joe and Joe shot with just under 4 seconds on the shot clock. I guess he could have taken the shot violation. And there was nobody to pass too. Jesse was the closest 20 feet away at the 3 point line. The other 3 guys were on the other side of the court. But that was not the play drawn up. 100% was going to Jesse inside.

what if there was 2 seconds left in the game. He's a complete doofus for doing that. Not sure how anyone can see it any other way.
But there wasn’t 2 seconds.

Long shot, obviously, but that ending bums me out. Getting a 2pt leading with 30s left. We just don't hold games anymore. Season is over. As tough as it was, that always saddens me. I wanted another shot tomorrow and we didn't execute, which is how it's gone.

During the timeout they showed our bench and JB. The play being drawn up was for Judah to get it to Benny who then gets it to Jesse. They are the only two JB spoke too. They fronted Jesse and the pass wasn’t there for Benny to make. He then could have shot or passes to someone else. He passed it to Joe and Joe shot with just under 4 seconds on the shot clock. I guess he could have taken the shot violation. And there was nobody to pass too. Jesse was the closest 20 feet away at the 3 point line. The other 3 guys were on the other side of the court. But that was not the play drawn up. 100% was going to Jesse inside.
Makes sense and why the rips on Joe for the last are crazy. What was he supposed to do? My quibble would be having Benny pass as he is pretty much just a jump shooter too, but Joe had no choices.

Bell hit shots early. Benny was huge. QC had some big plays/rebounds. Edwards did what he could with his chances for the most part.

The guards were bad. If just one of them was average today we win
.....can we come up with a word that is beyond bad?