...and the Drums for NYC's Madison Square Garden continue To Beat | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

...and the Drums for NYC's Madison Square Garden continue To Beat

What about a deal where MSG would lock up either the first and second round or the regionals of the NCAA tourney in the years the ACCT played in NC ?

If they could secure some deal like that, it might make an alternating tourney more palatable.

SUOrange44

But they are different weeks. The MSG people are going to want the minimum possible vacancy on the schedule, period.

But they are different weeks. The MSG people are going to want the minimum possible vacancy on the schedule, period.
Right...but don't they have to manipulate the Knicks schedule anyway ? Instead of having them on the road during the Conf. Tourney period, move them out during the NCAA period those years.

SUOrange44

MSG seating capacity for NCAA regionals is too small. I'm not sure they'd even want first or second round games.

My guess is MSG ends up rotating between the Big 10 and the ACC...which the ACC will try to sell as a 'win' - everyone will know it was a disaster letting the Big 10 further infiltrate NYC.

My guess is MSG ends up rotating between the Big 10 and the ACC...which the ACC will try to sell as a 'win' - everyone will know it was a disaster letting the Big 10 further infiltrate NYC.

Don't see it myself. BiG already alternates between Chicago and Indianapolis. I could see them going after Barclays every 5 years or so, but that won't be enough to get MSG's attention.

Cheers,
Neil

If I'm either the ACC or the Big 10 I wouldn't want to alternate with the other! Especially there is competition for NYC dollars and viewers. If the Big 10 is hungry to gain the NYC market I could see them push for MSG full time.

If I'm either the ACC or the Big 10 I wouldn't want to alternate with the other! Especially there is competition for NYC dollars and viewers. If the Big 10 is hungry to gain the NYC market I could see them push for MSG full time.

Actually I tend to agree...I think the Big 10 will make a play for a permanent home at MSG - it's not like they have a long standing history with Indy/Chicago, and in general the Big 10 is much more forward looking than the ACC. The ACC will talk about long term plans right up until the Big 10 forces them to think about what they need to do today. Getting a split will be the best case scenario for the ACC if the Big 10 decides to push for NYC.

MSG seating capacity for NCAA regionals is too small. I'm not sure they'd even want first or second round games.

They're getting it this year...FWIW regionals are done with Domes (not ours).

They're getting it this year...FWIW regionals are done with Domes (not ours).
Didn't realize they were getting first or second round games. Not sure what you mean about regionals, because they have been at our Dome before.

Didn't realize they were getting first or second round games. Not sure what you mean about regionals, because they have been at our Dome before.

Might've misread the post...my post was 1. MSG is going to host the east regionals, and 2. the NCAA said they are done with he mega domes (not ours) for hosting regionals.