"And then having a dual-threat quarterback makes it way easier." | Syracusefan.com

"And then having a dual-threat quarterback makes it way easier."

yes it does, I also think playing with the QB that most the team would prefer to play with makes a difference as well.

It's still hard to believe that Hunt could be that much more effective than Allen - and yet that is exactly what appears to be the case at this point.

I think the coaches still wanted to throw more deep balls and Hunt has not shown that he does that well. we are living in the under 20 yard throws. hopefully we can get away with that when the D's get better.

deep balls? There has been 2-3 thrown all year. We don't need Jay Schroeder out there, just somebody who is accurate, smart, and can make plays with his feet and arm. Geeze
Hunt's accuracy is what amazes me.

Deep ball is way overrated. Unless you have an RGIII type accuracy on the long ball, it only seems to work in college on broken coverage. Yes, it is a threat that the D has to pay attention to but it you can't throw it with accuracy what have you got?

I would rather have real red zone threats.

Hunt is accurate, poised, elusive runner, smart and tough. Most of all he does not turn the ball over. Terrel is only going to get better and better. Ladies and gentlemen - we have a Quarterback!

Go Blue!

Hunt is accurate, poised, elusive runner, smart and tough. Most of all he does not turn the ball over. Terrel is only going to get better and better. Ladies and gentlemen - we have a Quarterback!

Go Blue!
Love the go Blue thing.

Anyway, Hunt will probably get better and better, but his stats will look worse. He's started off so unusually well by the numbers.

That last paragraph in the article says a lot to me, too. I think coming out versus Penn State Coach McD tried pulling out every play in his playbook and now realizes that we can be effective with a small playbook as long as we run those plays efficiently. Quality over quantity.

I think the coaches still wanted to throw more deep balls and Hunt has not shown that he does that well. we are living in the under 20 yard throws. hopefully we can get away with that when the D's get better.

Jesus, it's not like he's Troy Nunes. That post to Clark for the TD was perfect. His arm is good enough to beat the teams we need to.

I think Nunes had a better arm. but the clark throw was all of 15-20 yds.. he also underthrew a couple deep balls that could have been td's. its not so much how well he is throwing, his best thing is that he has made good throws on late decisions/progressions. making less bad throws than Allen is helping more than how many better throws he is making.

Watching Hunt run is unique vs any QB I've seen. He's not lightening fast but he's somehow agile while having a big loping stride that somehow defenders just can't time.

I was thinking this too while watching him scramble for the TD right in front of me where he dove/spun for the pylon and got in. He runs very comfortably and naturally.

When Drew Allen got in in the 4th Quarter and he ran the designed run play to the left, he ran fast but didn't look comfortable at all tucking the ball and taking off.

Jesus, it's not like he's Troy Nunes. That post to Clark for the TD was perfect. His arm is good enough to beat the teams we need to.

Yes, but I thought the throw to the corner at the one yard line - in the east endzone area - was the better throw - a really good throw.

It is funny that the coaches seemed dumbfounded by T. Hunt's apparent ability to throw long in games.

I think Nunes had a better arm. but the clark throw was all of 15-20 yds.. he also underthrew a couple deep balls that could have been td's. its not so much how well he is throwing, his best thing is that he has made good throws on late decisions/progressions. making less bad throws than Allen is helping more than how many better throws he is making.

You think Nunes had a better arm, oh lord.

i dont think its even close. nunes made bad decisions but it wasnt that he had a terrible arm.

you have seen the coaches choose Allen.. you have seen Allen make bad decisions, not be moveable in the pocket, and slow to get the plays set.. why did he get the job over Hunt then?

You think Nunes had a better arm, oh lord.
had

I thought the same thing. If we had a quarterback when Vick came to the Dome, we would have won that game. Nunes reminded me of Wally Mahle who was a quarterback when I was in school. Could not throw a lick but was a much better runner than Nunes.

Based on a limited sample size, I think Hunt's deep throws are released sooner. So instead of a 50 yard pass - it's more like 40 yards. At least that's my sense.

I was thinking this too while watching him scramble for the TD right in front of me where he dove/spun for the pylon and got in. He runs very comfortably and naturally.

The run where he disappeared into a crowd, spun and surged forward for about 7 yards was pretty wild.

I dont think Hunt has thrown a rope yet? his deep balls have no height. he throws a catch able ball because he doesnt over throw it.. maybe he has more to his arm, but he isnt showing it.

had

I thought the same thing. If we had a quarterback when Vick came to the Dome, we would have won that game. Nunes reminded me of Wally Mahle who was a quarterback when I was in school. Could not throw a lick but was a much better runner than Nunes.

Do you remember when Ben would actually substitute for Wally on a third and ten? What was the other QB's name - Rich King or something like that?

I think Nunes had a better arm.

that's just nutty.

watch the very first highlight. I never saw Troy make this pass in 4 years. I figure this pass only travels 36 yards in the air but it's effortless. Hunt I'm sure can easily throw a ball 50 or 60 yards.

In the third highlight of the next clip Hunt throws the ball 41 yards. You'll notice he never really winds up to chuck it as far as he can, he takes once step and kind of flicks it.

The 5th highlight in this video is another beauty. Again, this one is only 38 yards but it's a rope that he throws on one step, money. Troy Nunes, not a chance.

The last clip they show is the post to West. Another 35 yard + beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tndTakGiVNo

The best thing so far is that he doesn't turn the ball over. The big test is of course yet to come when our OLine is over matched and Hunt is under constant pressure. That is where his poise will really help.

deep balls? There has been 2-3 thrown all year. We don't need Jay Schroeder out there, just somebody who is accurate, smart, and can make plays with his feet and arm. Geeze

He threw an incomplete deep pass to Kobena on Saturday, it really wasn't off by much. It wasn't like it was a soft duck that hung up there for the DB to recover on. He's new to the job and he's not far off now. It will only get better.