And then there were two, the Cavs and Warriors | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

And then there were two, the Cavs and Warriors

If it makes you feel any better, it looks like all the main mock draft guys are starting to project Porzingis to go third so the Knicks can get Russell.
This would make me ecstatic. Russell probably means we sign Carroll (I like) and Monroe (meh) but at least we'll have a balanced team with a top talent from the Draft.

Also just speaks to the strengths of the Warriors; the backcourt was incredible and obviously the biggest reason for their success, but they had a ton of versatile guys they could use somewhat interchangeably, switch on a ton of screens and never be in a horrible spot, etc.

They were the best team all year and deserved to win the title. and maybe now Barkley will shut up about jump shooting teams not being able to win? (LOL, obviously not)

Exactly. It was a different recipe and a WAY more fun style of basketball IMO.

All that said...Bogut was a CRUCIAL part of the regular season as a "rim protector" who could also be an exceptional passer. Funny how that didn't matter in the Finals. If anyone isn't on this team next year, it's likely to be Bogut.

44cuse

I hope Rak goes to Golden State. I think Ezeli is their Center of the future and Rak would be a great backup there.

You and me both. I was in the building draft day during the Wes draft and my homerism showed through because I wanted Wes badly.

44cuse

You and me both. I was in the building draft day during the Wes draft and my homerism showed through because I wanted Wes badly.

44cuse
Speaking of Wes, is he slotted for LAC? He would still be a decent fit on Golden State if they lose any of their forwards to cap restrictions.

Exactly. It was a different recipe and a WAY more fun style of basketball IMO.

All that said...Bogut was a CRUCIAL part of the regular season as a "rim protector" who could also be an exceptional passer. Funny how that didn't matter in the Finals. If anyone isn't on this team next year, it's likely to be Bogut.

44cuse
Sounds like Golden State is working with David Lee to find him a new home where he will get some playing time.

I don't think people remember, somehow, how skilled lee is on offense.

He averaged 20 and 12, with 3.5 dimes a few years ago.

The dude is an all star caliber player. Ovviously he's in his thirties now but he can absolutely still average 15 and 8 in my opinion.

Speaking of Wes, is he slotted for LAC? He would still be a decent fit on Golden State if they lose any of their forwards to cap restrictions.

He won't play for Golden State. He's better off with the Clips.

I don't think people remember, somehow, how skilled lee is on offense.

He averaged 20 and 12, with 3.5 dimes a few years ago.

The dude is an all star caliber player. Ovviously he's in his thirties now but he can absolutely still average 15 and 8 in my opinion.

He's a good offensive player, but the defense is bad bad bad. (three bads, so you know it's bad!) There's no question he can still help a team and its a testament to how deep the Warriors are he was basically glued to the bench for most of the playoffs, but I don't think he's an all star or anything.

So do i, but he worked out for Philly yesterday. Doubt he gets past them.

There is buzz there are going for Kristaps (?) but who knows what to take seriously at this point.

He's a good offensive player, but the defense is bad bad bad. (three bads, so you know it's bad!) There's no question he can still help a team and its a testament to how deep the Warriors are he was basically glued to the bench for most of the playoffs, but I don't think he's an all star or anything.

There is buzz there are going for Kristaps (?) but who knows what to take seriously at this point.
If Philly takes Porzingis and allows Russell to fall to us then I will take back any bad thing I ever said about how they run their team.

If Philly takes Porzingis and allows Russell to fall to us then I will take back any bad thing I ever said about how they run their team.

Just texted my buddy a lineup of Calderon/Russell/Carroll/Melo/Robin Lopez.

Why would he be a decent fit for them? Wes barely belongs in the NBA at this point.

Knicks will be awful again.

Still, they could make the playoffs.

Overall though? I think they play really poor again, especially with Anthony battling injury.

longislandcuse said:
Sounds like Golden State is working with David Lee to find him a new home where he will get some playing time.

I should have been clear. And David Lee, but to me that's just a given because they've been working on/it towards that all year. Lee less likely to be there than even Bogut. Though I really like DLee. Doesn't mean I see the value in keeping him, but he was a HUGE part of this franchise turning around.

44cuse

I should have been clear. And David Lee, but to me that's just a given because they've been working on/it towards that all year. Lee less likely to be there than even Bogut. Though I really like DLee. Doesn't mean I see the value in keeping him, but he was a HUGE part of this franchise turning around.

44cuse

Maybe Phil Jackson would take Bogut off your hands. :confused:

Knicks411 said:

I can definitely see him putting up 15 and 8 and he's an incredible culture/locker room guy. But his defense is bad, bad, bad and that's a serious issue. You nailed it.

44cuse

Cusefan0307 said:

Bogut more likely to retire. He already tried once. He is beat up.

44cuse

Why would he be a decent fit for them? Wes barely belongs in the NBA at this point.
He's underwhelming but definitely belongs on someone's bench as a 2 and D guy.. I want to say 3 and D but he's wait too inconsistent for that label. Basically he's an athlete who could play well as depth on a running team.

Oh, you know the Knicks have been mentioned. I wouldn't be opposed to having Lee off the bench but not at his current price tag or anywhere close to it.

And then the bench?

Hope for the best?... I don't know. This seems to be a solid draft. Maybe buy some second round picks? Langston Galloway and Tim Hardaway Jr can be serviceable but we definitely need much more than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom