Andrea Adelson | Syracusefan.com

Andrea Adelson

cusedog321

Walk On
I understand ESPN is paying her to give her opinions on Big East, and she has a right to do so, but man does she crap on the Orange alot. I dont know if its because we are going to ACC or if its another reason Here are just a couple of her insights.

"The Orange are a pretty weak 3-1 team. They should be a 2-2 team after officials blew a call against Toledo, awarding them an extra point that clearly went wide."

" Syracuse got lucky. The Orange should have their second loss of the season. Instead, they got the benefit of a blown call to beat Toledo in overtime. Ross Krautman's extra point to put Syracuse up 30-27 late in the game appeared to go wide but was called good on the field. Video replay officials upheld the call. But later, the Big East issued a statement saying the officials had made a mistake and the extra point was no good. That is little consolation to the Rockets, who would have won the contest 30-29 at the end of regulation had the correct call been made "

Listen i know it was a bad call in the Toledo game however you cant really say that the game would have played out the way it did if the right call was made. Alot of different variables could come into play.

Scroll down and read the other thread that we've already discussed this in...

I understand ESPN is paying her to give her opinions on Big East

Here's the key point. Pretty soon she will be irrelevant as far as we are concerned.

I understand ESPN is paying her to give her opinions on Big East

Here's the key point. SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN irrelevant as far as we are concerned.

Slight correction there...

Read the comments in AA's Big East Power Rankings today (which we are ranked 7th). It's worse than the syracuse.com message board.

There's a reason why she's covering the Big East, and not another BCS conference.

Pretty soon (hopefully sooner than later) she'll just be added to the list of things that we're all thankful are showing up in our rear view mirror.

I'm not going to defend AA, who I don't read nor care about that much. But I can see someone looking at what this team has accomplished and saying, "They still need to prove something." I mean we played 1 quarter vs. Wake after basically being dominated for 3+ quarters (till the 11 minute mark). SU won vs. Toledo but was outgained (438 - 366), and the orange struggled mightily vs. Rhode Island. USC wasn't terrible, but it's still a 3 TD loss with a TD on a trick play.

I like this team, I like Marrone and I still think they could do something good. I also get frustrated with ESPN like everyone else. But I'm not sure I have a problem with a sports writer being a bit skeptical about our standing in the league.

Hope espn doesnt put her on the ACC blog and just have two bloggers like they did with Brian Bennett and the Big 10

Read the comments in AA's Big East Power Rankings today (which we are ranked 7th). It's worse than the syracuse.com message board.

She is paid to rank the teams and give her opinions. If she has an ax to grind and doesn't revise her opinion as the season goes on (assuming we beat some of those teams she has above us) then I guess we can complain. One thing about ESPN in general, they tend to get "analysts" who will not change their opinions no matter what the evidence tells them. Doug Gottlieb anyone? How about Kruk and Suttcliff on BBT. They probably still aren't ready to concede the AL East to the Yankees.

She is paid to rank the teams and give her opinions. If she has an ax to grind and doesn't revise her opinion as the season goes on (assuming we beat some of those teams she has above us) then I guess we can complain. One thing about ESPN in general, they tend to get "analysts" who will not change their opinions no matter what the evidence tells them. Doug Gottlieb anyone? How about Kruk and Suttcliff on BBT. They probably still aren't ready to concede the AL East to the Yankees.

So was she working for free during the preseason?

I'm not going to defend AA, who I don't read nor care about that much. But I can see someone looking at what this team has accomplished and saying, "They still need to prove something." I mean we played 1 quarter vs. Wake after basically being dominated for 3+ quarters (till the 11 minute mark). SU won vs. Toledo but was outgained (438 - 366), and the orange struggled mightily vs. Rhode Island. USC wasn't terrible, but it's still a 3 TD loss with a TD on a trick play.

I like this team, I like Marrone and I still think they could do something good. I also get frustrated with ESPN like everyone else. But I'm not sure I have a problem with a sports writer being a bit skeptical about our standing in the league.

This accurately defends her first sentence. But everything she wrote after that was pretty much crap.

Remember, last year when Syracuse was 1 win away from bowl eligibility with 3 games left to play, she still had us out of her bowl projections. She tried to defend her position on Axe's show, and failed miserably, She's just not very intelligent.

Just found another reason why leaving the BE is a good thing.

She was getting it hard on Twitter this afternoon.

She claimed to ljmilman (he posts here occasionally) that she never said that Cuse deserved to lose. I tweeted at her, her line from an article:

"They should be 2-2 team after officials blew call" http://t.co/JrxikIIh

She hasn't responded.

How do you seriously rank Syracuse #7?

Oh wait, nobody gives a rat's ass what she thinks. Bus left, and she wasn't on it. She was under it.

i love a woman who love sports...then there is women like my wife who could care aless...Andrea...you need to talk to my wife because i agree with her! Besides id rather be lucky than be unlucky...

This lady knows jack Sh&t its obvious, no offense but what background does she have to rate teams in the BE or comment on there performances. Most people on this board know more about the BE and college football then she does, what other conference has a woman as the head of there blog.

Andrea Adelson has looked shaky all season.

She doesn't know much about the BE yet, and it shows. It's a lot like the freshman and sophomores playing defense right now for SU. I'd imagine she can relate, and she ought to be able to at least see the potential and comment on the upside too. She seems to make strong judgmental statements about all of the BE programs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom