Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or is it one of those kinds of moments?

702.jpg

I have a feeling that the deadlines that apply to typical Syracuse University scholars do not apply to the Syracuse University scholars who are particularly skilled at the fine sport of basketball.

Would love to see the reaction of this board if a UK player got preferential treatment from the school on something like this

I also feel he's jerking his teammates around. My opinion only
Or it could simply be - he wants to come and knows that's where he fits best, but going along with dad's desire to do due diligence. People may call it meddling, but I think he's right in teaching his son this important lesson of making an educated rather than emotional decision. Probably the best time for it, and it'll serve Andrew well in life.

Andrew's father will likely tell Jon Rothstein what his decision is and it'll be a random tweet at a random time of the day. I know the staff doesn't allow players to talk to the media without an OK, so how the players would know and the staff is still in the dark is a little hard to believe in my opinion.

As I peruse this thread, Bill Cosby comes to mind-
"How long can you tread water?"

"Projects" means squat. I have a different opinion of what the team is, especially with Battle, who is vastly underrated like Malachi, and Chukwu, who will add a whole new dimension defensively. Call it splitting hairs or whatever you want to call it, I don't think the team is that flawed without White. Could they use him? Absolutely. I never said in any post that he wouldn't be a big addition. But there are pieces and there is enough shooting to get by with Gillon/Lydon and Battle/Howard improving. Will it be a strength? No, but they'll adjust and that's what Boeheim does best is adjust.

I think we're all hopeful that we are talking about something that doesn't even need to be discussed. But I don't care who perceives who what way. With the talent we have we should be a Top 20 team next year, and that is my opinion. You can disagree if you want, that's perfectly fine.

If Lydon and Battle can carry the team we have some potential, but without White we aren't beating the big boys of the league. I think we are middle of the pack, just not enough offense. Hopefully we lock this down because I'm sick of losing to the same teams every year.

Last edited:
If Lydon and Battle can carry the team we have some potential, but without White we aren't beat of the big boys of the league. I think we are middle of the pack, just not enough offense. Hopefully we lock this down because I'm sick of losing to the same teams every year.
I think our offense is going to be better because we have really athletic guards who will be able to speed things up and get us easier baskets (Battle, Gillon). I also think this coming year we will be a much better defensive team. I agree that with White we are a top 10 team and a national title contender but without him I think we still beat a lot of people.

If Lydon and Battle can carry the team we have some potential, but without White we aren't beat of the big boys of the league. I think we are middle of the pack, just not enough offense. Hopefully we lock this down because I'm sick of losing to the same teams every year.

The last few years we have had issues because our guards could not force the issues. Gbinije was a half-court PG and Cooney was a mess in transition. This year, we have guys who can push the pace and create off the bounce, both for themselves and for others. I don't think we'll have as good a half-court offense without White, but our defense and transition game will be leaps and bounds better than in recent year due to Gillon/Battle, and Howard to a certain extent if he continues to improve.

The last few years we have had issues because our guards could not force the issues. Gbinije was a half-court PG and Cooney was a mess in transition. This year, we have guys who can push the pace and create off the bounce, both for themselves and for others. I don't think we'll have as good a half-court offense without White, but our defense and transition game will be leaps and bounds better than in recent year due to Gillon/Battle, and Howard to a certain extent if he continues to improve.

Very valid points, but we had 4 guys on the court who could always shoot and score last year. Without White we would have three. Roberson and DC/chukwu would be on the court at all times. That's not a good offensive lineup and if Howard/Gillon and Battle struggle to make 3's we won't have a good half court offense. These guys aren't as good of shooters as the guys who left.

I also totally disagree with you on why we lost games this year. We got destroyed inside.(Pitt, Miami, UNC, Louisville, Clemson) If we had rebounded better and defended better inside we would have won 5 more games.

Andrew's father will likely tell Jon Rothstein what his decision is and it'll be a random tweet at a random time of the day. I know the staff doesn't allow players to talk to the media without an OK, so how the players would know and the staff is still in the dark is a little hard to believe in my opinion.
If he's not a player, he can do what he wants.

If he's not a player, he can do what he wants.

I'm saying how the current players at Syracuse somehow know he's coming but the staff doesn't. Not Andrew himself telling anyone. I find it hard to believe that guys on the roster know he's coming but JB, Hop, Gerry or Red don't. Current guys on the roster can't talk to the media without an OK from the staff. Andrew can do whatever until he signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom