Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they're top 20?

Sans White, we would be a team that projects in the bottom of the top half of the ACC. We'd probably be looking at a 20-ish win / mid tier seed type of regular season. That isn't necessarily a top 25 team. That is a borderline top 25 team--which means that they could climb into the rankings. Hence, "borderline." Applying personal definitions is splitting hairs.

There is definitely talent on this team, but we would be imbalanced, frontcourt heavy, and lack a true 3. That doesn't necessarily sound like a recipe for top 20--which is why as Dasher points out above that we won't be perceived that way, certainly not at least initially.

Who in the ACC is going to be better (sans White)? NC State is cute when they try, but they're not going to cut it. Miami lost too much and didn't bring in enough. Lousville, Duke, UNC, and UVa are the only teams I could see finishing ahead of us in either White scenario. Am I missing somebody?

Who in the ACC is going to be better (sans White)? NC State is cute when they try, but they're not going to cut it. Miami lost too much and didn't bring in enough. Lousville, Duke, UNC, and UVa are the only teams I could see finishing ahead of us in either White scenario. Am I missing somebody?
I agree with you here, except I would say it's a complete toss up regarding us vs. UVA. London Perrantes is extremely good, and extremely underrated on a national level, but losing Brogdan and Gill is tough.

I agree with you here, except I would say it's a complete toss up regarding us vs. UVA. London Perrantes is extremely good, and extremely underrated on a national level, but losing Brogdan and Gill is tough.
Perrantes is only good when nobody is guarding him or putting a hand in his face.

Perrantes is only good when nobody is guarding him or putting a hand in his face.
Shooting aside, just watch the games, dude can run a team on the floor, breaks down defenses off the dribble and moves really well off the ball when he doesn't have it.

As a side note, also has one of the dumbest hairdos in the nation as well!!!!

Shooting aside, just watch the games, dude can run a team on the floor, breaks down defenses off the dribble and moves really well off the ball when he doesn't have it.

Agree on all counts, but I do think his power is derived from his stinky fingers. So, if we can somehow get him to wash his hands, we can neutralize him.

London Perrantes sniffs his fingers

upload_2016-8-2_9-32-12.png

Just another theory to throw out there. AW3 wants Syracuse but his dad insists he keep taking visits just to be aure, so AW3 intentionally visits places with a bad fit so he won't have to debate dad. "Gee I went to Mich St but they had 3 five star guys at my position already." "Gee I went to Miami but the hoop in our driveway is a better practice facility." "Gee I looked at Richmond and VCU but the guy taking our picture in the gym represents the 4th largest crowd in the A10 this year dad."
To be fair, Dayton seriously packs the UD Arena. I went to undergrad there and it's the only thing to do. No huge mall like in Syracuse lol

That dude will always remind me more of Gbinije and his display of sportsmanship. G is just a flat out cool cat.

dddd.GIF

To be fair, Dayton seriously packs the UD Arena. I went to undergrad there and it's the only thing to do. No huge mall like in Syracuse lol
How many fans can the UD Arena fit?

Oh they care, just like vcu fans. But only students and alumni give even the slightest crap about any A10 game or team.

Done my best to stay out of this discussion, but this point struck me as odd. Using this logic, nobody should ever use council for anything. There's nothing wrong with leaning on people who know more, exploring options, taking your time, etc. "meddling" is a weird way to phrase it. He wants the best situation for his kid. If that family is more comfortable doing it the way they're doing it (all within the rules) then good for them!
Did you even read what I wrote? I clearly said fatherly advice is fine.

Virginia is just very well coached. They don't need stars to execute. And they continuously develop players. Guys will step in and do well. That being said, I think Brogden and Gill were both special players for them. They may take a half step back this year, unless someone can completely fill Brogden and Gill's shoes.

Virginia is just very well coached. They don't need stars to execute. And they continuously develop players. Guys will step in and do well. That being said, I think Brogden and Gill were both special players for them. They may take a half step back this year, unless someone can completely fill Brogden and Gill's shoes.
Tobey was actually big for them down the stretch last year too, they will miss him as well

Tobey was actually big for them down the stretch last year too, they will miss him as well
Oh, he is gone too? I agree with you, and I thought he was coming back. He is one that I thought could step up. I don't know their team all that well, but they had some good young athletic wings, but I don't remember their bigs beyond Gill and Tobey.

So, let's just extrapolate what you are saying--and that those four schools are ahead of us in the standings, even if no other teams are. I suggested that we'd be toward the bottom of the top half of the conference. Isn't that what coming in fifth place in a sans-White / generally optimistic scenario would be?

Not sure what you are objecting to.

Last edited:
We all know that White average 16.6 points last year. What we don't talk about is how many more points he would have averaged had that other "white" goofy dude (on his own team) stopped guarding him. He probably didn't disrupt him all that much, but maybe another basket or two at least.

Capture.GIF

So, let's just extrapolate what you are saying--and that those four schools are ahead of us in the standings, even if no other teams are. I suggested that we'd be toward the bottom of the top half of the conference. Isn't that what coming in fifth place would be?

Most basketball people think that Miami is just as good as us. They have Newton at the pt. A big time 2 guard coming in just like us. And their front court is a lot like ours.

Did you even read what I wrote? I clearly said fatherly advice is fine.
Where does fatherly advice turn to "meddling?" If ok, there's no point to your post, no?

So, let's just extrapolate what you are saying--and that those four schools are ahead of us in the standings, even if no other teams are. I suggested that we'd be toward the bottom of the top half of the conference. Isn't that what coming in fifth place in a sans-White / generally optimistic scenario would be?

I read it as "bottom half" rather than "bottom of the top half". My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom