Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit that I am incredibly intrigued with this. We all know he gets his minutes, he is lottery next June.

But just where exactly does he start the game? And how much time does he see the 5? I suppose the answer to the latter depends more on the play of Chukwu and Coleman. Still, plenty of mystery until opening tip.
I think we won't see Lydon much at the 5 in the non-conference schedule, but you may see JB resort to it in ACC games if we're trailing late. Because as it is, Lydon at the 5 gives us our best offensive lineup - you could argue if DC has improved on the block, maybe him at the 5 and TL at the 4 with Robey on the bench gives us our best lineup offensively. However, I love Robey's offensive rebounding ability and gives us another weapon that most teams don't have.

Lydon will lead this team in minutes played, period. The question becomes, do we want him to start the game and have an impact right away? Or do we want to him to come off the bench and be instant offense?

I think we will see Lydon at the 3,4 and 5; I think we'll see Battle and White both get PT at the 2 and 3. The flexibility of a few of our players makes it easier for JB to get everyone PT. I think the person(s) screwed most by this are Howard/Gillon. They will be rarely be in the game together, and there will be several stretches where neither are in. So pretty much there will probably be around 30 minutes per game total between the 2 of them. I think Battle will get 10mpg or so as the lead guard

"Long story short, Syracuse could promise a feature role. Wade doesn't just give those away."
Reading their board you'd think we were the mid-major program

I think we won't see Lydon much at the 5 in the non-conference schedule, but you may see JB resort to it in ACC games if we're trailing late. Because as it is, Lydon at the 5 gives us our best offensive lineup - you could argue if DC has improved on the block, maybe him at the 5 and TL at the 4 with Robey on the bench gives us our best lineup offensively. However, I love Robey's offensive rebounding ability and gives us another weapon that most teams don't have.

Lydon will lead this team in minutes played, period. The question becomes, do we want him to start the game and have an impact right away? Or do we want to him to come off the bench and be instant offense?

I think we will see Lydon at the 3,4 and 5; I think we'll see Battle and White both get PT at the 2 and 3. The flexibility of a few of our players makes it easier for JB to get everyone PT. I think the person(s) screwed most by this are Howard/Gillon. They will be rarely be in the game together, and there will be several stretches where neither are in. So pretty much there will probably be around 30 minutes per game total between the 2 of them. I think Battle will get 10mpg or so as the lead guard

Reading their board you'd think we were the mid-major program

Great post!

AW3 said it best. He came here because we have a chance to win and win big. If he thought VCU had that chance, he would have stayed home
nah, he was scared he wouldn't get to play enough there.

Why are you so confident in Battle starting? I think he's going to be good, but from the highlights I've seen I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. What am I missing?
It's obvious how much JB loves Battle and his game - just look at how hard he's recruited him and for how long.

Battle's offensive game is pretty advanced for his age, he's a really good peneatrator with a solid mid range game; he has to work on his 3pt shooting and isn't the best passer yet, but he's solid there. At the end of the day, I don't think there is anyone on this team that can create their own shot any better than Battle. He's the one guy you can kind of just the ball to and tell him to go score. His length is also ideal at the top of the zone.

He's starting, I can't see any other scenario

This is my favorite from their board

Well, let's go further than Cuse this year. I want to read Orangeman13's review of the Sbarros near MSG as they settle for the NIT in the spring.
Cute. They will need to get reacquainted with Tuesday crab leg special at the Dayton Golden Corral in all likelihood.

It's obvious how much JB loves Battle and his game - just look at how hard he's recruited him and for how long.

Battle's offensive game is pretty advanced for his age, he's a really good peneatrator with a solid mid range game; he has to work on his 3pt shooting and isn't the best passer yet, but he's solid there. At the end of the day, I don't think there is anyone on this team that can create their own shot any better than Battle. He's the one guy you can kind of just the ball to and tell him to go score. His length is also ideal at the top of the zone.

He's starting, I can't see any other scenario

I hope he's as good as you're projecting... I can't wait to see how this team comes together. It could be on helluva year!

The best from their board is that over the past 5 years, we have played 6 ooc games away from New York and have lost three of them. Didn't we win a tournament (3 games) just this past year away from New York? You know, with Texas A &M, UConn and Charlotte? With Mich in the field? Didn't we win one in Hawaii just a couple of seasons ago?

The best from their board is that over the past 5 years, we have played 6 ooc games away from New York and have lost three of them. Didn't we win a tournament (3 games) just this past year away from New York? You know, with Texas A &M, UConn and Charlotte? With Mich in the field? Didn't we win one in Hawaii just a couple of seasons ago?
They do their homework about as well as Goodman does

They don't like to bring those up, we could play at Kansas, Nova, Ucla next year, and people would still say we never left the state.

Imagine a hometown kid spurning you 5 years ago because you weren't good enough then - and 5 years later, he spurns you once again because he still doesn't think you're good enough.

I think it's pretty hilarious personally

This is my favorite from their board

Well, let's go further than Cuse this year. I want to read Orangeman13's review of the Sbarros near MSG as they settle for the NIT in the spring.

LOL. That made me google their history to see if I was just overlooking them and they had done more than I thought...nope. They made one final four run. Other than that, they've never even made the sweet 16! LOL. Laughable that they think they're legit.

LOL. That made me google their history to see if I was just overlooking them and they had done more than I thought...nope. They made one final four run. Other than that, they've never even made the sweet 16! LOL. Laughable that they think they're legit.
Since 2013:
VCU: 2 tournament wins
Syracuse: 2 Final Four Appearances

Remember when Shaka Smart was their coach? That was the beginning and end of VCU hoops.

They don't like to bring those up, we could play at Kansas, Nova, Ucla next year, and people would still say we never left the state.

We've made two final fours in the last five years. I guess all those NCAA tourney wins away from home don't matter?

criticizing the non-conference schedule of an ACC team that makes final fours...what a pointless and stupid exercise. Funny thing is these nerds swear they have a point.

We've made two final fours in the last five years. I guess all those NCAA tourney wins away from home don't matter?

criticizing the non-conference schedule of an ACC team that makes final fours...what a pointless and stupid exercise. Funny thing is these nerds swear they have a point.
ESPN has been spewing the "Syracuse doesn't leave New York" agenda for years (which is odd considering all the 'Cuse grads in Bristol) so it's an easy go-to insult for people who don't know anything.

Nowadays you are entitled to your own opinions and facts

I have respect for their program, making the final four as a mid major is a heck of an accomplishment, but they aren't Syracuse, they shouldn't be knocking us like we are Clemson.

I have respect for their program, making the final four as a mid major is a heck of an accomplishment, but they aren't Syracuse, they shouldn't be knocking us like we are Clemson.

That was a great run, but by the way they talk I assumed they had backed it up with at least a sweet 16 or two since then that maybe I had forgotten about...and had maybe made a few before that. Nope. Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom