Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Llandz you already invited me to and I went to your bar . We talked for a while then enjoyed the game together .
I get everyone mixed up. I have over 200 now that I "know". Send me a pm. I do remember you coming, but I can't remember the rest. I have about 8 on here is AZ, some I know better than others. But I want to know to coordinate rooms. Seriously this is going to happen.

Last edited:
I have respect for their program, making the final four as a mid major is a heck of an accomplishment, but they aren't Syracuse, they shouldn't be knocking us like we are Clemson.
I could see them pulling an IU and handing out sweet 16 rings some day .

Yeah I don't get the OOC schedule knocks. 2 Final Fours in the last 4 seasons. We play tougher non-conference teams than they do in-conference. Wisconsin and UConn would be the best teams in the A10.

Yup. And seperating schedules by "conference" and "non-conference" and then criticizing only a certain portion of the schedule based almost solely on where the games are played(and getting those facts wrong somehow) is something that somebody with no real point would try to do. It's spin, it's an angle to play. And it's dumb.

We play a very difficult schedule every year.

Yup. And seperating schedules by "conference" and "non-conference" and then criticizing only a certain portion of the schedule based almost solely on where the games are played(and getting those facts wrong somehow) is something that somebody with no real point would try to do. It's spin, it's an angle to play. And it's dumb.

We play a very difficult schedule every year.
Even in the Big East this was probably even more true. We could have played Herkimer CC in 11 out of conference games then having to run through UConn/Gtown/Nova/Pitt/LVill/Marquette/ND would make the total SOS top 50 in the country.

"I think it'd take a multitude of second-weekend runs, at least three more Final Fours and a national title or two before VCU can become universally accepted as a major and thus able to get big-name buy games. And even that's no sure thing."

Well bless their little hearts

This is my favorite from their board

Well, let's go further than Cuse this year. I want to read Orangeman13's review of the Sbarros near MSG as they settle for the NIT in the spring.

They are half right. O13 may be reviewing restaurants near MSG but that's because we will be playing in the regional being held there and winning it.

Yeah I don't get the OOC schedule knocks. 2 Final Fours in the last 4 seasons. We play tougher non-conference teams than they do in-conference. Wisconsin and UConn would be the best teams in the A10.

Ive been following their board because work is slow in the summer haha and they are absolutely a delusional bunch. They were saying how cuse and vcu basically over the same exposure, how they are primed to have a better season than us, how JB is a cheater, how the weather sucks, how we give away starting spots, how we have no talent returning etc. They even bashed Lydon about being a mediocre player! Its kind of funny to see the jealousy oozing out of their mid major mouths. Now they are saying how they are relieved White didn't choose them because his character and that their coach makes them earn starting spots not giving them. I LOVE IT

RF2044 said:
A three guard offense where one of the guards never handled the ball, passed (0.6 apg last year), didn't attack much off the bounce, and required his teammates to set him up for shots. Joey's post above is spot on. He's a lot like Demetrius Nichols or Wes offensively. As demonstrated by how he operated in Nebraska's offense last year.

I could see them pulling an IU and handing out sweet 16 rings some day .

This is my favorite post from their board. just straight up lunacy!

If the VCU offer is truly on the table and Andrew wants to make a strictly "basketball decision", then the choice between VCU and Syracuse is a nonsensical comparison for 2016-17.

Lets see, Andrew's number one knock right now is his ability to guard at the next level. Going to Syracuse to hide in a 2-3 zone isn't going to alleviate these concerns.

Secondly, Syracuse is NOT going to be good next year. This fact is omitted too often when discussing this comparison. They lost five seniors, and their three top scorers/best players from last year's team. They return 2 rotation players who they are hoping to take the next step next year with Lydon and Roberson. They are going to be insanely young next year. The chances of Syracuse making the NCAA tourney next year playing in the ACC is ridiculously slim. Next year by all accounts is a rebuilding year. Andrew needs to ask himself, does he want to be on another P5 team where he'll have the green light and still lose.

Lets compare that to VCU who returns a veteran laden team who's looking to dance for their 7th year in a row, who should dance regardless as to whether Andrew joins or not. However, if he chooses to join, he fills a match made in heaven. He gives us additional size on the wing, he adds an experienced shooter to the line up, and he helps us on the glass. Andrew/Till/Mo should DESTROY the glass next season. His addition vaults us into the top 20 instantly. Also, lets not forget Andrew will get to go to Spain and Atlantis as a senior AND play in front of his friends and family every home game.

So let's see. Go and be apart of ANOTHER rebuilding project that he just left in Nebraska. OR play on a veteran laden team who could be one of the best teams in program history if he chooses to join up. This decision is a no brainer.

If the VCU offer is truly on the table and Andrew wants to make a strictly "basketball decision", then the choice between VCU and Syracuse is a nonsensical comparison for 2016-17.

Lets see, Andrew's number one knock right now is his ability to guard at the next level. Going to Syracuse to hide in a 2-3 zone isn't going to alleviate these concerns.

Secondly, Syracuse is NOT going to be good next year. This fact is omitted too often when discussing this comparison. They lost five seniors, and their three top scorers/best players from last year's team. They return 2 rotation players who they are hoping to take the next step next year with Lydon and Roberson. They are going to be insanely young next year. The chances of Syracuse making the NCAA tourney next year playing in the ACC is ridiculously slim. Next year by all accounts is a rebuilding year. Andrew needs to ask himself, does he want to be on another P5 team where he'll have the green light and still lose.

Lets compare that to VCU who returns a veteran laden team who's looking to dance for their 7th year in a row, who should dance regardless as to whether Andrew joins or not. However, if he chooses to join, he fills a match made in heaven. He gives us additional size on the wing, he adds an experienced shooter to the line up, and he helps us on the glass. Andrew/Till/Mo should DESTROY the glass next season. His addition vaults us into the top 20 instantly. Also, lets not forget Andrew will get to go to Spain and Atlantis as a senior AND play in front of his friends and family every home game.

So let's see. Go and be apart of ANOTHER rebuilding project that he just left in Nebraska. OR play on a veteran laden team who could be one of the best teams in program history if he chooses to join up. This decision is a no brainer.

My thoughts about this VCU fan

lol

It's an interesting problem to have.

I think everyone agrees PC/DC2 will be starting.

That leave's 4 spots.

I can't see Battle not starting. I think most people agree with that.

That's 3.

I think you need someone like Robey to start - I'd be afraid we'd have "unplugged Robey" if he's asked to come off the bench. We need his rebounding ability.

That's 2.

Lydon, White, Gillon.

I just have a feeling that White and Gillon were promised starting spots. Also you don't want to be the school that takes 5th YR grad transfers and doesn't start them.

I can't see White coming in without knowing he'd be a starter.
Risk of "unplugging" Roberson or Coleman < having one of the top players in America make an immediate impact at the start of every game, IMO.

The loss of 5 seniors is a lot to overcome.

The loss of 5 seniors is a lot to overcome.

yeh, not really sure what White is thinking either, why would he want to play for a rebuilding team haha that is NOT going to be good

Risk of "unplugging" Roberson or Coleman < having one of the top players in America make an immediate impact at the start of every game, IMO.
Unplugging Roberson makes him virtually useless. We need him to clean up the glass offensively and defensively this year. Lydon is still going to get his minutes and I think is mentally tough to come in off the bench yet again. I'd just be afraid we'd lose Robey if we tell him he's coming off the bench in his senior year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom