Andy Katz with Elijah Hughes | Syracusefan.com

Andy Katz with Elijah Hughes

This rubbed me the wrong way. Katz is seemingly under the impression that Hughes was a scrub who scored 4 points per game all season until having some miracle game against Baylor. I was actually surprised that was his high point game, he was a solid scorer all season and had some great performances against teams a whole lot tougher than Baylor.

Notwithstanding Andy's opinion, his season highlight might have been 20 points in a win at Cameron, including a 3/4 court buzzer beater.

In any case kind of hard to listen to Andy talk about Elijah's climax.

Last edited:
This rubbed me the wrong way. Katz is seemingly under the impression that Hughes was a scrub who scored 4 points per game all season until having some miracle game against Baylor. I was actually surprised that was his high point game, he was a solid scorer all season and had some great performances against teams a whole lot tougher than Baylor.

Yeah, a guy who works for ESPN could have looked at ESPN's season statistics for Syracuse before he did the interview, and would have seen that Eli averaged around 14 points a game, and was a consistent contributor all season. Nice preparation, Andy. Geez, I could do your job better than you!

Yeah, a guy who works for ESPN could have looked at ESPN's season statistics for Syracuse before he did the interview, and would have seen that Eli averaged around 14 points a game, and was a consistent contributor all season. Nice preparation, Andy. Geez, I could do your job better than you!
he doesn't work at espn

Agree. Elijah had 19 games where he scored 15 or more points and 5 games over 20 points. He was pretty consistent all year. Seems like Katz thinks he suddenly started playing well in the Baylor game or late in the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom