Announcers | Syracusefan.com

Announcers

I found them to be unprepared and unaware of things happening on the field.

They messed up names, they never seemed to know when there were penalties. Their voices were annoying. At one point when everyone knew Bellamy was down and there was at least a minute of nothing happening they finally figured out Bellamy was down.

Just stupid stuff like that all night. Combined with the terrible camera work the whole thing felt like amateur hour. ACC Online does a 10X better job.

The color guy was Petros something or other. At first I didn't like his voice, but he was a pretty good analyst and I enjoyed his insight of the play on the field.

I found them to be unprepared and unaware of things happening on the field.

They messed up names, they never seemed to know when there were penalties. Their voices were annoying. At one point when everyone knew Bellamy was down and there was at least a minute of nothing happening they finally figured out Bellamy was down.

Just stupid stuff like that all night. Combined with the terrible camera work the whole thing felt like amateur hour. ACC Online does a 10X better job.
And the graphics package was more suited to a Nickelodeon broadcast. Was waiting for someone to get oozed and/or slimed.

The color guy was Petros something or other. At first I didn't like his voice, but he was a pretty good analyst and I enjoyed his insight of the play on the field.

I will always associate his voice with calling late night USC games

I think that Petros Papadakis mainly stays employed by taking every crappy assignment at Fox that he is offered. I know at one point, he’d fill in for whoever had time off or was sick on Fox Sports Radio; I’d feel bad for him when I’d hear him on a Thursday at 2AM Pacific talking about the Saturday night USC game he was calling. He was remarkably solid for a guy whose main skill is eating all the crap his boss throws at him without, apparently, any complaints.

Announcers where pretty terrible.
They did have some nice things about us but anytime they could they where all over UNLV. They where clueless on multiple flags.
Camera was terrible.

I think that Petros Papadakis mainly stays employed by taking every crappy assignment at Fox that he is offered. I know at one point, he’d fill in for whoever had time off or was sick on Fox Sports Radio; I’d feel bad for him when I’d hear him on a Thursday at 2AM Pacific talking about the Saturday night USC game he was calling. He was remarkably solid for a guy whose main skill is eating all the crap his boss throws at him without, apparently, any complaints.
This is a side gig. By day he’s a Greek shipowner.

Sounded a little bit like a poor mans Aneesh Shroff
It did not sound a little like Anish shroff. It was LITERALLY Anish. The closest voice resemblance in the history of voice resemblances. I couldn’t even focus all game. I kept yelling that’s Anish god dang it!

Wasn't even sure we won at first - the score didn't change and the call sounded like it could've been whistled dead.

The production reminded me of watching lax games produced at Cornell or Hofstra.
Agree about the ending. The non-reaction was really weird and I am clueless what they were even reviewing.

Agree about the ending. The non-reaction was really weird and I am clueless what they were even reviewing.
They were reviewing whether his knee was down before he crossed the line. Wasn’t really close but I can see why they did. But announcers should have figured that out.

I actually think the production was pretty solid, although the end of the game was poor. Pretty certain those announcers were calling the game from an off studio and not the stadium as well.

And the graphics package was more suited to a Nickelodeon broadcast. Was waiting for someone to get oozed and/or slimed.
Someone brought up 90s ESPN2 last night lol

I really hope a 90s retro thing never happens.

1000001136.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom