Ref Reviews, challanges, Questions | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ref Reviews, challanges, Questions

The running into the kicker happened right in front of me. The ref had his hand on the flag the entire time. An Ohio guy hit the punter not an SU guy. The ref was anticipating that. The penalty numbers for yardage are actually wrong bc 6-47 you would actually add up the penalty yardage lost on OG bomb that was 50 yards. I’ve never seen reffing like that in my life. Missed 2 delay of games. Targeting. About 10 holds. Willis TD. Duce Int. A play where McCord ran and dove head first and guy hit him super late. Block in the back on a punt in first half. It was insanity
Our group agrees. Hopefully JW papered all of these. It was horrible

Unfortunately they didn't slow-mo close up replay on the broadcast because the Ohio player ran into his punter on the very next play.
We ran into the punter, even if it was slightly. It is what it is. Luckily it didn't end up costing us points.

Yes MAC refs called the game (poorly IMO) as officials from the visiting team's conference. But I believe the reviews (that my post was referring to) are done in Charlotte, NC (ACC control room).
Even if that were so, for the actual video feed, the call would still have been made by the MAC ref reviewing said feed. MAC ref on the fiels made the call.

The crew was mostly from the MAC, as is tradition to use officials from the visiting team's conference. If one or two were from the B1G that's possible - I haven't done a background check. Also in fairness, some of the calls that seemed questionable to the crowd were correct. One was the fumble by Navarro (his knee looked down). The interception by Duce - close call can't really assign blame.

But during the long run in the second half by Tyus the hold on Sparrow was blatant - wherever the side judge came from he should go back there and never ref another ACC game. The "holding" call on Savion (I believe by the Referee) was also a joke - obvious hands to the face for several seconds before Savion kind of pulled him down. The running into the kicker call - contact by our guy was minimal - a brush on the kicker's arm who then got trucked by his own player. Really poor call on that play. And last but not least, the targeting non-call I don't blame the refs -- too many players in the way. But the ACC control room just STB on this. Clearly a target - launched right at the head of MJ and helmet to helmet contact by #15. They should eject whoever "reviewed" that play and ban him from the Musicians of Bremen control room. Inexcusable.
I too saw that blatant hold on that run but no call.

On the roughing the kicker it looked like the SU player pushed the Ohio guy into his own punter, was I wrong about that?
I saw the same one I looked at it live and on replay.

The running into the kicker happened right in front of me. The ref had his hand on the flag the entire time. An Ohio guy hit the punter not an SU guy. The ref was anticipating that. The penalty numbers for yardage are actually wrong bc 6-47 you would actually add up the penalty yardage lost on OG bomb that was 50 yards. I’ve never seen reffing like that in my life. Missed 2 delay of games. Targeting. About 10 holds. Willis TD. Duce Int. A play where McCord ran and dove head first and guy hit him super late. Block in the back on a punt in first half. It was insanity
Agree with all you mentioned. Forgot about the no delay of game. That was a full second afterwards. Not even close. Hard to fathom how one sided it was.

The crew was mostly from the MAC, as is tradition to use officials from the visiting team's conference. If one or two were from the B1G that's possible - I haven't done a background check. Also in fairness, some of the calls that seemed questionable to the crowd were correct. One was the fumble by Navarro (his knee looked down). The interception by Duce - close call can't really assign blame.

But during the long run in the second half by Tyus the hold on Sparrow was blatant - wherever the side judge came from he should go back there and never ref another ACC game. The "holding" call on Savion (I believe by the Referee) was also a joke - obvious hands to the face for several seconds before Savion kind of pulled him down. The running into the kicker call - contact by our guy was minimal - a brush on the kicker's arm who then got trucked by his own player. Really poor call on that play. And last but not least, the targeting non-call I don't blame the refs -- too many players in the way. But the ACC control room just STB on this. Clearly a target - launched right at the head of MJ and helmet to helmet contact by #15. They should eject whoever "reviewed" that play and ban him from the Musicians of Bremen control room. Inexcusable.
That tradition needs to end. Find competent refs period.

On the Duce interception, it seems to me like in other games, this kind of bang bang play is frequently reviewed. Especially an interception which is inportant and changes possession. I’m quite sure refs can review this kind of play. They just didn’t.

We ran into the punter, even if it was slightly. It is what it is. Luckily it didn't end up costing us points.
The key to the whole punter thing is that look where the play started and where he kicked it. He only gets protection inside the tackle box which is roughly 5 yds. once he is closer to the numbers than the hash he has no protection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom