Annual Burning of the Avatars 2021 Style | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Annual Burning of the Avatars 2021 Style

love the concept … but I just can’t let
Go of the Golden Gopher Girl from the Texas Bowl
I like to think that was the poster telling us the Wooden was going to make the golden rodents great but ended up at UCLA and that’s why we should fear them in football

1626207307950.png

I had a great idea for one a couple of weeks ago, but figured that it was too early to change it. Now, of course, I don't recall what it was.
Hey friend, I'll give you an "A" for effort!

(or, it might be for Aricept or Adderall...whichever it is that you think you might need:cool:)

Each year I have to figure out how to do this again but I finally managed it. My theme in recent years have been vintage TV series, especially from the 60's, when I grew up. I felt that since we've been unable to go to the football games for two years and now, (hopefully) we can. So I thought Patrick McGoohan's great series "The Prisoner", a smart, capable man who could never seem to escape and finally did. Hopefully Syracuse can escape form the doldrums - in all it's major sports- this school year.

Many people thought "The Prisoner" was Paul Drake, who McGoohan had played in two series called "Danger Man", the latter of which was called "Secret Agent" here, as the prisoner was a disgruntled agent who resigned and found himself imprisoned in a Felliniesque combined resort and prison. Perhaps he was.