Annual burning of the avatars | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Annual burning of the avatars

12853522-standard.jpg

nathandrake.jpg

Some of you gamers will recognize this, with apologies to second class XBoxers

I'm finally burning my avatar, but not because of superstition. I'm burning it because August 30th will be my last day with the Institute of Arctic Biology, here at UAF. I just accepted the Program Administrator position at an NIH, BUILD-funded program called BLaST, still here at UAF. I'm extremely excited, and a little scared lol.

I've already emailed them, requesting a few unknown days off in December, for our bowl game.

ps- I can't figure out how to make the full logo fit in the avatar box. Is there a trick I'm missing? If not, I might pull sexy Patrick Ewing out of retirement.

BLAST Logo.png

I'm finally burning my avatar, but not because of superstition. I'm burning it because August 30th will be my last day with the Institute of Arctic Biology, here at UAF. I just accepted the Program Administrator position at an NIH, BUILD-funded program called BLaST, still here at UAF. I'm extremely excited, and a little scared lol.

I've already emailed them, requesting a few unknown days off in December, for our bowl game.

ps- I can't figure out how to make the full logo fit in the avatar box. Is there a trick I'm missing? If not, I might pull s e xy Patrick Ewing out of retirement.

View attachment 137023
Congrats! You might need to load the logo into something that can edit the size (PhotoShop, Paint, etc.) and slightly shrink it.

ps- I can't figure out how to make the full logo fit in the avatar box. Is there a trick I'm missing? If not, I might pull s e xy Patrick Ewing out of retirement.

View attachment 137023
Way to go, Troop! I am sure you will be as fantastic in your new job as you are at being a fan.

I have never heard of this tradition of “burning” one’s avatar before football begins. As I have been looking at all the new ones you guys have been posting, it has pierced my brain that my avatar is not at all suitable for football. The hippie peace, OM, yin/yang, Jonathan Livingston Seagull crap just does not FLY - so to speak - with this group. :( But if I change it, it will only be for something even more antithetical to football.

I yam what I yam.

GO SU!

Way to go, Troop! I am sure you will be as fantastic in your new job as you are at being a fan.

I have never heard of this tradition of “burning” one’s avatar before football begins. As I have been looking at all the new ones you guys have been posting, it has pierced my brain that my avatar is not at all suitable for football. The hippie peace, OM, yin/yang, Jonathan Livingston Seagull crap just does not FLY - so to speak - with this group. :( But if I change it, it will only be for something even more antithetical to football.

I yam what I yam.

GO SU!

This is the third year in a row we've done it.

Burned, changed, branded, simple.

LGO

New day! My son with Jay Bromley

I yam what I yam.

GO SU!
Capture.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors