Annual burning of the avatars | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Annual burning of the avatars

Why is anyone burning their avatar now? I think you're all missing the point! When did they burn their shoes? Before a bowl game? I don't think so. It's to wash away the memories of last year and accept that the new year is completely independent of whatever happened last year. It's a spring ritual.

Done

Attachments

• 0702563A-61AC-4DEE-BCA3-B44070F43CA8.jpeg
    0702563A-61AC-4DEE-BCA3-B44070F43CA8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
I'm finally burning my avatar, but not because of superstition. I'm burning it because August 30th will be my last day with the Institute of Arctic Biology, here at UAF. I just accepted the Program Administrator position at an NIH, BUILD-funded program called BLaST, still here at UAF. I'm extremely excited, and a little scared lol.

I've already emailed them, requesting a few unknown days off in December, for our bowl game.

ps- I can't figure out how to make the full logo fit in the avatar box. Is there a trick I'm missing? If not, I might pull s e xy Patrick Ewing out of retirement.

Congrats and good luck!

Why is anyone burning their avatar now? I think you're all missing the point! When did they burn their shoes? Before a bowl game? I don't think so. It's to wash away the memories of last year and accept that the new year is completely independent of whatever happened last year. It's a spring ritual.
Lets burn the poster who dug up this thread instead!!!

U can’t change your avatar now, the summer burning actually worked this year!!!!

And let’s throw couscuse in the fire just because...

Lets burn the poster who dug up this thread instead!!!

U can’t change your avatar now, the summer burning actually worked this year!!!!

And let’s throw couscuse in the fire just because...
I will absolutely take full credit for this great season thus far.

Thank you, thank you.

Congrats and good luck!

Thanks! I’m getting the hang of it, big change from running budgets for a bunch of grants, to running a whole department. They haven’t fired me yet tho!

If I can get a girl this hot stunned at an epic Syracuse winning play from the NEXT bowl game I will consider. This avatar remains pretty perfect IMO.

I still chuckle at your avatar. Not only was she pretty cute, it’s a reminder of the best punt return I’ve seen by us in a bowl game

It’s early, but i’m in.. we’ll have to do our traditional late summer changes as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom