Annual Burning of the Avatars | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Annual Burning of the Avatars

Yeah, I’m a guy who likes to cut his losers and ride his winners.

I found this Avatar when Dino came on board and it will stay as long as he does.

As much as I hate to give up my throwback Rob Moore avatar, as I am convinced that this is the reason SU achieved greatness in 2018, I will remain consistent with tradition. But this time I’m going to go WAY BACK to an SU great from long ago: Wilmeth Sidat-Singh. And not the classic football passing pose either, but the old school, tough as hell, Tuskegee Airmen pic. Go Orangemen!

In honor of Crusty ’s change-up yesterday, I thought it made sense to continue his movement and throw up the annual BOTA thread.

Early we may be, but Spring Ball’s over, so I think it’s fair game.

I’ll remember ye well ED!

All hail Alton!
First of all, I started this. Not Crusty. It's the one positive thing I've actually contributed to this board. I started it when Marrone brought back the burning of the shoes tradition. That being said, I think those who are holding onto their Avatar because we had a good season are missing the point. It's a new year. They burn the shoes regardless of success because whatever happened last year, was last year. You need to start fresh every year with the attitude that it has to be earned. Nothing is given, even with a successful season last year. That is the entire reason behind the tradition.

BTW...not sure if Dino does this or not.

First of all, I started this. Not Crusty. It's the one positive thing I've actually contributed to this board. I started it when Marrone brought back the burning of the shoes tradition. That being said, I think those who are holding onto their Avatar because we had a good season are missing the point. It's a new year. They burn the shoes regardless of success because whatever happened last year, was last year. You need to start fresh every year with the attitude that it has to be earned. Nothing is given, even with a successful season last year. That is the entire reason behind the tradition.

BTW...not sure if Dino does this or not.
Take ‘er easy bud, I was talking about Crusty’s post the other night switching his ED avatar.

But congratulations, it’s a great thread.

Take ‘er easy bud, I was talking about Crusty’s post the other night switching his ED avatar.

But congratulations, it’s a great thread.
My bad, like I said, it's my one positive contribution in 15 years amid a sea of ignorant, overly biased, medically inaccurate, and highly emotional jibberish posts. As I've always said, my passion is strong, my knowledge is sh...

Robinson is going to tear-it up this year but I'm going with the under appreciated Fredrick. IMO he's been far and away the most consist and solid corner we have had since I don't know when. Our D is going to be NASTY this year!...assuming no DT injuries (Fingers Crossed).

Mine was updated just before we went on to a 10-3 season, so I'm not going to mess w/ success.

Adding my new avatar today. I'd figure I'd follow the college sports year schedule and change it every June from here on out.

The guys from The Grand Tour. I promise I am not as old as them.

Adding my new avatar today. I'd figure I'd follow the college sports year schedule and change it every June from here on out.

That's why I change it in August, when the new school year is upon us.

That's why I change it in August, when the new school year is upon us.
Ha! Just figure graduation and lacrosse are over in May and then everything resets. I believe June is also when schools receive their conference payouts

For those of us who can't tell, who is in your new avatar?

I have the greatest avatar in the history of avatars, I’ll change it eventually.

But the Yankees have been on a freakin tear ever since Lady Suzyn sat on the Iron Throne here and became Queen of the North.

I have the greatest avatar in the history of avatars, I’ll change it eventually.

But the Yankees have been on a freakin tear ever since Lady Suzyn sat on the Iron Throne here and became Queen of the North.
I have no idea who Lady Suzyn or this Iron Throne is, but I'm sure it must be the greatest avatar in all of history. If it's helping the Yankees streak, so be it :)

I have no idea who Lady Suzyn or this Iron Throne is, but I'm sure it must be the greatest avatar in all of history. If it's helping the Yankees streak, so be it :)

I just had to Google who the guys are in your avatar. It didn't help much. On the other hand, I am well aware of the power Lady Suzyn wields. Oh my goodness gracious!

I just had to Google who the guys are in your avatar. It didn't help much. On the other hand, I am well aware of the power Lady Suzyn wields. Oh my goodness gracious!
SU, did you see my reply to your question? I won't repeat it here, but if you didn't see it, just scroll up