Anomaly? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anomaly?

My concern is that our five remaining opponents have the blueprint to beat us now. Though I don't think they will have the ability to do so as much. Except for Miami.

Or is Pitt that much better than we are.

You can say Fran Brown did everything he could to produce a new team, coaching staff, attract recruits and fans but it looked like tonight that that all came crashing down. Maybe he can't produce miracles - he needs more time.

Pitt must have, in the bye week, had us under a microscope. Our offensive line didn’t help Kyle but Kyle did not look like Kyle. 5 INT’s.

They flat outplayed us.

I hope we can put this behind us and get back to the team that won the NCST game.

Embarrassing with the entire nation watching.
so what else is new, I'm a Syracuse fan and have the scars to show for it

We have no explosive players that scared them and it showed.
this. McCord made unforgivable decisions tonight but he is the reason our receivers look as good as they have. We seriously need to find better talent because we cannot rely on qbs throwing into tight windows or throwing guys open.

Not bad breaks. Kyle was forcing bad throws into coverage that Pitt was sitting on. He needs to learn when to throw it away!
It didn’t look like he had much choice, Pitt was in our pockets all night. No separation. And tipped balls are absolutely a crap shoot

Honestly think it’s a simple as they knew if they played press coverage and overplayed the short routes that that would take away our offense. That’s all we’ve got, no ability to take deep shots and certainly no run game.
Spot on. Nard is an excellent D coach and he put together a great game plan. He forced quick throws and took away everything underneath. I wish we would have rolled Kyle out early and often but Nixon didn't adjust. Our backs lack speed to we have to run north south which played into their blitzing. Seams might have been our best shots but OG couldn't beat press coverage and Dan isnt a good route runner. We were exposed today and simply didn't have any answers as we are one dimensional.
I thought that the D played fine. They would have held Pitt to 25 or less which normally would put us in position to win.
No team can win with 5 turnovers let alone 3 pick six.
Flush this one learn from it and take advantage of being home. I think 8 wins is looking like the number which is an excellent first year.

Yes and no.

We did lose to an absolute trash Stanford team. Getting smacked by Pitt at their barn shouldn’t be that surprising.

Just hope as coach gets more experience the team gets better.

True.

But he does have to own why the O was abysmal.

Because the OL ain't good.

Hasn't really been all year.

Wohlabaugh hasn't been a factor. Reed is hobbled.

We brought in a lot of transfers from name schools. Now we see why they weren't playing in the first place.

Buying QB's and WR's is easy. We need the beef too.

This is Syracuse football for the last 20 years. Coaches and players change but the results stay the same.
I think based on the last 20 year performance, Pitt is about at 35th or 40th of all FBS programs while we are somewhere between 60th and 70th. We really need do something to catch up. Otherwise our program won't be included to the final stage of FBS alignment. Especially if B1G and SEC push for a 36 or 40 team super league. Right now Pitt has the better chance to be included if the cut line is 40th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom