Anonymous J Carey Destination Poll | Syracusefan.com

Anonymous J Carey Destination Poll

Where will Jalen Carey play his college ball?

• Syracuse

Votes: 185 85.6%
  • Miami

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Uconn

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JazzNC

Starter
I'm curious to gauge the level of confidence in signing Jalen Carey in an anonymous manner. I've seen posters who claim inside information, but hesitant to say too much. I thought this poll might help?

I'm of the belief that our only competition is Miami at this point. I'm hoping Irma helped Syracuse this week. Plus I think Syracuse is a better program than Miami. Same conference, but Miami hasn't produced too many players in the NBA. In fact they're downright putrid...

Miami Hurricanes NBA Draft First Round History is Meagher
They've had a couple good years of results and recruiting (partly because we dropped the ball on Lonnie Walker and Larranaga is a good coach). But we got them beat everywhere else besides winter weather and beaches. Their fan base is a joke. Nobody really cares about Miami basketball. The Dome and SU basketball are prime time.

Last edited:
I think it's somewhat telling that even after an OV UConn isn't on the radar of any of the recruiting experts making predictions on two four zzzeven.

I think it's somewhat telling that even after an OV UConn isn't on the radar of any of the recruiting experts making predictions on two four zzzeven.

Jalen projects to be a PG in the NBA. They just signed a fringe top 100 (at best) PG which spoke volumes no matter how much their fans want to convince themselves they have a shot by making him a combo. He knows he will be a lead guard here with the ball in his hands a lot. He doesn't see himself playing in the Big East, which is a better bball conference than the AAC. Plus, there will be no forward talent at UConn for him to play alongside that that will come close to Bazley. Don't see how Uconn can even be in the picture at this point, but they get a gold star for trying.

Jalen projects to be a PG in the NBA. They just signed a fringe top 100 (at best) PG which spoke volumes no matter how much their fans want to convince themselves they have a shot by making him a combo. He knows he will be a lead guard here with the ball in his hands a lot. He doesn't see himself playing in the Big East, which is a better bball conference than the AAC. Plus, there will be no forward talent at UConn for him to play alongside that that will come close to Bazley. Don't see how Uconn can even be in the picture at this point, but they get a gold star for trying.

I know if I was a top 50 guard Id rather play point guard. Against legit teams.

Gotta be honest, disparaging Akinjo is a joke - his Peach Jam performance speaks for itself, but he played well in EYBL as a whole - can score and make plays. That said, I think that's a good thing. If I'm Carey, I want all of those minutes in the big time (see: ACC).

Gotta be honest, disparaging Akinjo is a joke - his Peach Jam performance speaks for itself, but he played well in EYBL as a whole - can score and make plays. That said, I think that's a good thing. If I'm Carey, I want all of those minutes in the big time (see: ACC).

Fair enough, but they disparaged Buddy and he played just as well as EYBL on the whole and at Peach Jam. So I guess that makes it even.

One the one hand he was MVP of Peach Jam.

On the other hand, hell with UConn.

That one UConn fan said he should go to UConn to play man to man and that will get him drafted. LOL. Yeah, because that's the biggest thing those scouts care about. We have first round picks every single year...they don't care if they play zone or man in college.

Fair enough, but they disparaged Buddy and he played just as well as EYBL on the whole and at Peach Jam. So I guess that makes it even.

Won't find me disagreeing - Buddy can ball. I just don't bite on the other fan noise - ball don't lie.

Didn't disparage him -- I'm going strictly by the ratings. On one of the more prominent recruiting sites, he is #105. Maybe he moves up - maybe he doesn't. The point is realistically Jalen is playing the point, Uconn was supposedly in the running, but just signed a lower ranked PG which tells me one of the alleged dominoes dropped for us. It is what it is.

tenor.gif

Maybe the poll should have read when will Jalen Carey commit to Syracuse?

Less than a week
By the end of the month
By the end of the night
???????

Any opinions out there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online