Anonymous J Carey Destination Poll | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anonymous J Carey Destination Poll

Where will Jalen Carey play his college ball?

• Syracuse

Votes: 185 85.6%
  • Miami

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Uconn

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According to the boneyard they are going to get Simi Shittu or they might take Carrigan first so they don't have to wait. They don't even need Carey.
When Duke, UK or St. John's (lol) gets a kid they want it's because other schools are cheating and cutting a check. But when someone commits to UConn it's because they "bleed blue". Because the draw of the AAC far outweighs all.

No stories have been written about his weekend here? I haven't seen any, but then again I haven't looked too hard.

Glad this is not looking like it will be the drawn out circus that the Quade recruitment was.

Heck, as long as there is no rumors that we received the dreaded "silent verbal"(whatever that actually is) from this young man, I'd say we are in good shape.

That one UConn fan said he should go to UConn to play man to man and that will get him drafted. LOL. Yeah, because that's the biggest thing those scouts care about. We have first round picks every single year...they don't care if they play zone or man in college.
Opposing fans gotta give it a rest on playing man to man, these guys play man to man all their life and at SU practice! Just because you play it for a couple years at SU doesn't make you forget, I'm so tired of hearing it. Plus, as Bill Rafferty says the 2-3 has man to man principles :)

Having a hard time staying off of the boneyard it's just that good...they are reporting now that they are right in this with us (pretty much no mention of Miami according to them) and that "KO" crushed it yesterday so much so that Carey is on the fence. They keep mentioning that KO has this really close relationship with carey that trumps that of JB...which very well could be true but they either don't know or haven't read it anywhere about the relationship that RED has with carey and family.

Having a hard time staying off of the boneyard it's just that good...they are reporting now that they are right in this with us (pretty much no mention of Miami according to them) and that "KO" crushed it yesterday so much so that Carey is on the fence. They keep mentioning that KO has this really close relationship with carey that trumps that of JB...which very well could be true but they either don't know or haven't read it anywhere about the relationship that RED has with carey and family.
Husky99 is fairly legit - everything comes with a grain of salt obviously but he's pretty reliable. He is hearing his stuff from the UConn side, not the Syracuse side, so who knows how our coaches feel about it. At the end of the day, if Carey cares about PT and conference affiliation above all, it's hard to see how we lose out. We are selling him on running the show from day 1, they are selling him on being Gilbert's sidekick and maybe running the show year 2 (is Gilbert gonna declare early?).

Zagoria's article from yesterday has me fairly confident that he'll choose us. But you never know and I feel it's strange that there is no Miami talk

Opposing fans gotta give it a rest on playing man to man, these guys play man to man all their life and at SU practice! Just because you play it for a couple years at SU doesn't make you forget, I'm so tired of hearing it. Plus, as Bill Rafferty says the 2-3 has man to man principles :)
Of course. It's man to man in your area with challenging assignments at the margins (close-out; switches, etc...). This is the same stuff that NBA defenses practice, although straight zone isn't as practical at the pro level because the players are so good at moving the ball to an open spot.

Plenty of teams that play man to man are bad defensively. Like everything else, it's mostly about the players on the court. Man vs. zone is completely overrated. You can make adjustments to take things away in either. This "so and so knows how to beat the zone" is crap. So and so knows "how" to beat any defense. It's a matter of the players playing well offensively and doing it.

Plenty of teams that play man to man are bad defensively. Like everything else, it's mostly about the players on the court. Man vs. zone is completely overrated. You can make adjustments to take things away in either. This "so and so knows how to beat the zone" is crap. So and so knows "how" to beat any defense. It's a matter of the players playing well offensively and doing it.
1st round draft picks of 9 of the last 10 years shows that the NBA doesn't really care.

Ryan Boatright was as good as it gets defensively for a college guard defending on the perimeter. Giffey was really good defensively. Neither are in the league.

I don't get the argument.

Agree 100%.

No stories have been written about his weekend here? I haven't seen any, but then again I haven't looked too hard.

What happens on an official visit stays on the official visit. That's all that should be said about that.

I think most UConn fans know it's realistically between Cuse and Miami. Their hatred for everything SU won't let some of them accept that. BTW, their 'insiders' have not had a great track record of late. I'd worry about Miami at this point.

Of course. It's man to man in your area with challenging assignments at the margins (close-out; switches, etc...). This is the same stuff that NBA defenses practice, although straight zone isn't as practical at the pro level because the players are so good at moving the ball to an open spot.
And better shooter's than in college. If course, the Mavs played a lot of zone winning their title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom