Another arena annexed by the Orange Empire... | Syracusefan.com

Another arena annexed by the Orange Empire...

Not the hostile environment I expected for a team with a lot of home court success. If that's one of the tougher ACC gyms ( notice I used the word gym), we have nothing to worry about.

We won playing our C game.

First, why doesn't Boeheim know about the Cuse transplants in NC?
Second the presence would have been even greater on a Saturday. 9pm on a school night after a southern snow storm too much to get my Raleigh crew of 10 + to Winston Salem. Down here it's not about how northern transplants drive, it's about everyone else. Needless to say, we'll easily make it to Wake Forest for football in the fall, and we did pack PNC Arena for State a few years ago, and we will again hopefully next year.

Watched on TV at a local bar with no sound. Hard to imagine there was too much to cheer about, but I am glad the crowd stepped up to help the team, regardless of the aesthetics. LGO!!!

Smithers-Jones said:
I was wondering where they all came from - Charlotte too I suppose. 5 hours from DC?

This was mostly a Charlotte and Raleigh crowd for SU. I was at Foothills brewery before the game and the place was literally all orange from 6-8:30 pm. The question became are you from Raleigh or Charlotte?

This was mostly a Charlotte and Raleigh crowd for SU. I was at Foothills brewery before the game and the place was literally all orange from 6-8:30 pm. The question became are you from Raleigh or Charlotte?

Foothills Brewery is a great place. Too bad I couldn't make the game.

JackBauer44 said:
I was 5 rows up behind the basket opposite of the student section. Our group started two LGO chants. It was a good night to wear orange.

Were you in the group with the JB mask?

I was 5 rows up behind the basket opposite of the student section. Our group started two LGO chants. It was a good night to wear orange.

99% sure I sat by you. If so, you guys were definitely repping S.U. well. We joined in all your chants. S.U. had that section on lockdown (which is great because it was the Wake Forest tunnel).

We even had a Wake Forest fan come up to us pre-game to ask, "where did all you guys come from?!?!" He couldn't believe all the 'Cuse fans there. He thought we all traveled from Syracuse, but we explained, "no, we're EVERYWHERE."

Red, Hot & Blue was amazing pre-game too. ENTIRE place was 'Cuse fans. We were there for offical Alumni event, which had great attendance (there was a waiting list). We had LGO chants going hours before tip. Really special night. Cuse/Wake football is 10/18. Get ready.

Otto-man Empire spreading like... The Steelers towel waving crowd. Every major city in the US has a Steelers bar. Fans travel or relocated - same for Cuse!!!

This is a great analogy. I'm a huge Broncos fan and I have only seen one team well represented in the stands of Mile High and that's been Steeler fans. I hated seeing it, but I have to give them props for their support.

Looked like there were a lot of empty sections up high? What does that place seat?

You sure that wasn't the pre-game shot? During the game, the upper sections looked like they have filled in.

Looked like there were a lot of empty sections up high? What does that place seat?

It seats 14,665. And you're right, I noticed the same thing. The upper deck behind each basket looked pretty empty.