Another black eye for UCONN | Syracusefan.com

Another black eye for UCONN

grepal

Starter
Tate George, the author of UCONN's version of the shot heard around the world, surrendered to police as his firm has been accused of running a Ponzi scheme. Not really Calhoun or UConnvicts fault, just another example of the high quality good guys Calgoon has been recruiting at Storrs for years.

Really?

You are comparing a DUI to a Ponzi scheme? You know what a Ponzi scheme is, right?

Care to keep it to the same year perhaps? Melo had his problem three years ago. George is facing a charge that could result in serious time. Where's the similarity?

Tate George, the author of UCONN's version of the shot heard around the world, surrendered to police as his firm has been accused of running a Ponzi scheme. Not really Calhoun or UConnvicts fault, just another example of the high quality good guys Calgoon has been recruiting at Storrs for years.
We all have our problems. Derrick Brower had some post grad issues. Charles Smith (GT guard) killed someone, if I recall correctly.

I think we now know how Calhoun was compensating his recruits. ;)

Care to keep it to the same year perhaps? Melo had his problem three years ago. George is facing a charge that could result in serious time. Where's the similarity?

Certainly a Ponzi scheme will affect more people than the DUI. In this case Melo was pulled before he could have a wreck and really mess up.

My point is that if you want to laugh at other program's embarrasments, just know that other people are going to then laugh at yours. Melo also got nailed for dope in his suitcase some years back, I think he managed to wiggle out of that one and say some friend stuck a dime bag in his travel bag or whatever it was.

But then again he played for a long time in Denver. Not as bad as the old Portland Jailblazers, but not entirely out of their league either.

Certainly a Ponzi scheme will affect more people than the DUI. In this case Melo was pulled before he could have a wreck and really mess up.

My point is that if you want to laugh at other program's embarrasments, just know that other people are going to then laugh at yours. Melo also got nailed for dope in his suitcase some years back, I think he managed to wiggle out of that one and say some friend stuck a dime bag in his travel bag or whatever it was.

But then again he played for a long time in Denver. Not as bad as the old Portland Jailblazers, but not entirely out of their league either.

The point here is that Melo was dumb and got busted, and yes, before he may have hurt someone else, but when someone starts a Ponzi scheme its with deliberated and malicious intent.

Its a very big difference.

The point here is that Melo was dumb and got busted, and yes, before he may have hurt someone else, but when someone starts a Ponzi scheme its with deliberated and malicious intent.

Its a very big difference.

My cousin was hit and killed by a drunk driver. All of Madoff's victims are still living. I'm pretty sure his wife and daughters, father, cousins, etc... would be glad to give all of the money they own to have him back.
Put one of your loved ones in place of my cousin and see if money is still all that important.

My cousin was hit and killed by a drunk driver. All of Madoff's victims are still living. I'm pretty sure his wife and daughters, father, cousins, etc... would be glad to give all of the money they own to have him back.
Put one of your loved ones in place of my cousin and see if money is still all that important.

I don't doubt the pain and hurt that comes with a death because someone made a bad decision. I know. I lost a friend to drunk driving as well. But, the drunk driver, as mad as I was at him was extremely remorseful and he never intended to hurt anyone. Doesn't make it right, for sure, but his intent was not to hurt anyone. I know. He should have known about the possible consequences of his decision. I know. I agree.

But someone like Madoff had no conscience and intentionally set out to hurt people. And he had little remorse for doing so.

I can't stand people that intentionally go out to hurt people.

Melo made a bad decision, but I highly doubt he made that decision with the intent to hurt anyone. Compare that to someone who intentionally went out to hurt people.

It's clear to me which is worse, but we don't have to agree. Both are not ideal situations for anybody.

True, and I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. But when assessing someone's culpability, you gotta look at their frame of mind. A deliberate and intentional crime is worse than a negligent or reckless one. Everyone here can be accused of being reckless at some point in their lives... malice is much worse from a criminal justice standpoint.