Another double-digit loss | Syracusefan.com

Another double-digit loss

shandeezy7

Living Legend
To a middling ACC team. Another game where we led at halftime and get our doors blown off in the second half. Pathetic efforts from the players. Even more pathetic effort from the coaching staff. What do we even do at halftime?

Prepare for the bubble talk to come back around after we lose to ND or Pitt or whoever on Wednesday. Once you start really examining our resume, it's pretty easy to see that there isn't a lot of meat in there. Two decent wins, some awful losses and multiple blowouts to supposed "peer" teams.

Brent Axe was crowing all week about how we were DEFINITELY IN, even if we lose this game and the first game of the ACCT.

IMO, he’s an absolute idiot.

Brent Axe was crowing all week about how we were DEFINITELY IN, even if we lose this game and the first game of the ACCT.

No, he's right. It would take a miracle for us to miss the tourney. We're pretty safely in actually. Pay attention to jncuse's posts. We're safely in on the matrix. Can thank a super weak bubble for that.

It’s pretty obvious that SU basketball and lacrosse are in similar positions. How long will we watch these programs slide before a change is made. I’m ready for a long wait.

No, he's right. It would take a miracle for us to miss the tourney. We're pretty safely in actually. Pay attention to jncuse's posts. We're safely in on the matrix. Can thank a super weak bubble for that.

I do think that we are mostly safely in, but 1.) I'm sick of even having to have that conversation and 2.) a loss on Wednesday would still not make me feel very good on Selection Sunday, especially depending on how championship week plays out and how many teams steal bids.

It blows me away that people still don’t understand how...nevermind. Who cares.

After we’ve not only established residency but become citizens of bubble-land in the last few years, can you really blame anyone for thinking differently?

They are in. College basketball is in terrible shape this season. In a good year, Syracuse is on the outside looking in.

After we’ve not only established residency but become citizens of bubble-land in the last few years, can you really blame anyone for thinking differently?

If anyone doesn’t know how the field is selected at this point, then they flat out don’t want to know.

Even more pathetic effort from the coaching staff.
What would you have liked the coaches to do at halftime? The players stink. And the coaches can't add new players to the roster at halftime.

If anyone doesn’t know how the field is selected at this point, then they flat out don’t want to know.

Or if we don’t pay attention to the rest of college basketball, it’s not a stretch.

It blows me away that people still don’t understand how...nevermind. Who cares.

There's really one prolific poster that I think makes it seem worse than it is - Briancuse

What would you have liked the coaches to do at halftime? The players stink. And the coaches can't add new players to the roster at halftime.

Our players aren't the greatest, but they do seem to get us leads at halftime against good teams. Why can't they sustain that? Do they suddenly become bad in the second half? Why should the coaching staff get off scott-free, especially when it's painfully obvious that the opponent has made adjustments at halftime and we haven't done anything but somehow regress?

When I was in Day Hall back in 1974, I had a poster on my wall that said “Tired of the Same Old ?” Don’t know about the rest of you, but I sure the hell am!

Our players aren't the greatest, but they do seem to get us leads at halftime against good teams. Why can't they sustain that? Do they suddenly become bad in the second half? Why should the coaching staff get off scott-free, especially when it's painfully obvious that the opponent has made adjustments at halftime and we haven't done anything but somehow regress?
They can't sustain it because the players are not good enough to sustain those leads for 40 minutes more often than not.

The coaching staff doesn't get off scott-free - they have to recruit better and develop the players better.

I can't remember the last time so many returning players regressed from one season to the next. A colossal disappointment.

But at the same time, it's not over yet. So let's see what happens.

They can't sustain it because the players are not good enough to sustain those leads for 40 minutes more often than not.

The coaching staff doesn't get off scott-free - they have to recruit better and develop the players better.

I can't remember the last time so many returning players regressed from one season to the next. A colossal disappointment.

But at the same time, it's not over yet. So let's see what happens.

So the coaching staff doesn't deserve any blame for in game strategy and adjustments? From my viewpoint, it's been extremely poor this year at all levels - recruiting, player development, strength and conditioning, strategy, in-game decisions/adjustments. Bewildering, to say the least.

No it's not a stretch, but it gets frustrating for those of us who do pay attention to have to argue with those who are just throwing out crap.

You don’t even have to pay attention.

Jncuse does all the work for us.

I've been taking a beating for saying we aren't a lock. Guess we will find out soon.

Never seen an SU so inconsistent

Really? We have exactly the same number of losses we had last season headed into the ACC tournament. And, unless we win the aforementioned, and win the NC, we will end up with exactly the same amount of losses we had last year, 14! Moreover, if you really take some time to revisit those games in which we lost last season, you'll also find the exact/near exact same parallels in our losses this season.

Really? We have exactly the same number of losses we had last season headed into the ACC tournament. And, unless we win the aforementioned, and win the NC, we will end up with exactly the same amount of losses we had last year, 14! Moreover, if you really take some time to revisit those games in which we lost last season, you'll also find the exact/near exact same parallels in our losses this season.

Last year there were only 2 games where we had the lead at half time and lost: Notre Dame and Wake Forest. This year we have lost games when leading at the half to: ODU, Buffalo, Duke, UNC, Virginia, and now Clemson. We also trailed slightly to FSU and NC State before they blew the games open. We are more inconsistent this year than last year IMO

Last edited:
Last year there were only 2 games where we had the lead at half time and lost: Notre Dame and Wake Forest. This year we have lost games when leading at the half to: ODU, Buffalo, Duke, UNC, Virginia, and now Clemson. We also trailed slightly to FSU and NC State before they blew the games open. We are more inconsistent this year than last year

My goodness. Losses are losses for crying out loud. And, we have lost 12 to date, and on the exact same trajectory as last season, 14! Who cares how many games we had leads in at half time this year versus games we had leads in last year. It's a 40 minute game...period! We actually have been very consistent, consistent with our double digit losses...which will again be 14 when it's all said and done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom