Another FSU Comment: and some of it is very good | Syracusefan.com

Another FSU Comment: and some of it is very good

arbitragegls

All Conference
This comes via a blog by Jeffrey Fann--Talkin ACCSports--graduate of Clemson and Georgia Tech. Some of it is common sense...but #s 3-5 I believe have merit and not just to keep FSU in the ACC. Equal payouts is one of the bastions of ACC conference but they may be carrying that a bit far when a school like FSU or Clemson go to a bowl the revenue is evenly divided among all schools. Not just talking the TV revenue but all revenue from tickets, merchandise, bowl payout etc. I do believe the team that plays should receive some % more than others who do not. Share the TV revenue, but give a larger cut to the team that brought that revenue in. Additionally, the ACC needs to really look hard at its divisions...and not just to keep tobacco road together. Keep in mind the following facts:
1. ACC took in $40,000,000 from bowls last year and split equally among all teams
2. The Pac 12 is only getting $15 million in its first several years..not the $21 million always quoted...its rights are backended just like the ACC and all the others.
3. and if we ever want ND in our conference, we best think about some of stuff below!

Please stop copying and pasting full articles. Give a summary and then provide a link (which I did for you below).

Following is Jeff's points:

Fann

May I add that I love Clemson's tradition of their fans using $2 bills stamped with the Clemson paw logo when they go to bowl games. That is just the smartest way for fans to demonstrate their impact on a local economy at a bowl destination.