Anselmo to the Bills? Fudm | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anselmo to the Bills? Fudm

There's Syracuse guys and then there's Friends of Doug. Buffalo is welcome to the latter.

Said this on another thread - this is exactly what got Mac fired when he went to the Pats. No NFL guys wanted in - brought a bunch of SU guys who were HS coaches on a few years before - had a crappy second year - Pats GM gave Mac a chance to save himself by firing bad assistants - he declined - got fired.

Enjoy the next 2 or 3 years of going nowhere Bills fans. Wash - rinse - repeat.

Marrone is not doing this to piss off Orange fans - he is too stubborn to look outside his world or the experienced NFL guys want nothing to do with him.

facts or opinion?
Hope shattered with a phone call.

I added this for all the guys I got prematurely excited...sorry
Hate Away...LOL

dislike-by-sean-macentee.jpg

I may have to buy tickets to Buffalo's trip to Foxboro thus year just to watch Belicheck coach against a group of 8-5 coaches out of the Big East.

Anselmo came to SU because of Marrone. He had no other relationship. He is 63 years old on a staff that is skewing in the mid 30s to early 40s. No one should be surprised that he - of all of the assistants - wants a big pay day in the NFL when there is little left for him at SU. Happy to see the guy get a nice pre-retirement package.

Hope shattered with a phone call.

I added this for all the guys I got prematurely excited...sorry
Hate Away...LOL

dislike-by-sean-macentee.jpg
Ah, crap. I was hoping it was what I thought it was and now its not.

Said this on another thread - this is exactly what got Mac fired when he went to the Pats. No NFL guys wanted in - brought a bunch of SU guys who were HS coaches on a few years before - had a crappy second year - Pats GM gave Mac a chance to save himself by firing bad assistants - he declined - got fired.

Enjoy the next 2 or 3 years of going nowhere Bills fans. Wash - rinse - repeat.

Marrone is not doing this to piss off Orange fans - he is too stubborn to look outside his world or the experienced NFL guys want nothing to do with him.

Of the 13 assistant coaches Marrone has hired, 4 of them were on the SU coaching staff in 2012.

Barely over 30% of Marrone's staff.

Ooooooooh!

Oh Lord

No matter at this point as the coaching staff is headed in an entirely new direction. Just need to move on and look forward to new.

Sorry guys, False Alarm...on my end...if it lasts for more than 4 hours seek medical attention
I think you mentioned a potential coach a few weeks ago in a chat. Someone who could help in the mid Atlantic... Was he the false alarm?

@OrangeFizz: RT @KevinTFitz Have heard from very reliable sources tonight that John Anselmo is also heading to Buffalo to be on Doug Marrone's staff. #SU
This seals the deal on Edwards He is gone to Rutgers.

Gus would be going to either Miami or FSU. Also, he had a recent in home with Rob Moore. Relax. Let it play out.

Why Rutgers? I would think FSU. Also, nobody answered me in the other thread, but if McDonald was at Miami, might he have been the one to recruit Edwards? Remember Gus almost chose Miami over us at the last minute.

Why Rutgers? I would think FSU. Also, nobody answered me in the other thread, but if McDonald was at Miami, might he have been the one to recruit Edwards? Remember Gus almost chose Miami over us at the last minute.

Edwards is quoted as saying that Rutgers is close to home so his parents can see him play, They are in the Big 10 and Jamerson going to NFL gives him a chance to play early. Rutgers is the real threat. is visiting again next Fri and was there this summer also

Anselmo came to SU because of Marrone. He had no other relationship. He is 63 years old on a staff that is skewing in the mid 30s to early 40s. No one should be surprised that he - of all of the assistants - wants a big pay day in the NFL when there is little left for him at SU. Happy to see the guy get a nice pre-retirement package.

Yes, who knows if this wasn't Marrone just giving him a lifeline? It may be possible that SS has other plans and Marrone and Anselmo knew this.

It is kind of silly and hopefully Marrone is above that. I'm guessing that a lot of people don't know the inner workings of this staff and sometimes you just want to work with the guy that hired you, you want a change, you're no longer in the future plans of the new HC, see the guys one enjoyed working with the most leave one at a time or whatever and you decide that it's time to leave.