Antonio Brown Discussion | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Antonio Brown Discussion

In fairness, while what you say makes sense, I actually never really gave it much thought until this situation occurred. And again, not to belabor a point, authorities found no evidence of trafficking there.

I never used to either. I always considered those types of establishments to be really harmless. But a few years back, in a local community, an entire family was bludgeoned to death in what seems to be a Chinese Mob-related incident.

Some screwed up

This literally hit close to home, heightened my sensitivity quite a bit, and now i am at a point where I even feel conflicted when ordering takeout (which i still do - but those guys are stirring a wok, not jacking me off).

Last edited:
Sounds more plausible than the hogwash that the Patriots pro bono attorney lays out on this website anytime they need a defense team. Which is all the time when you’re run by and rostered with frauds and crooks. Killers and rapists. Cheaters and obstructers.

So thats a yes then, you are inventing the narrative. Got it.

Anyone who buys gas from Citgo is financing the crap is happening in Venezuela.
Based on the logic I have read here.

So thats a yes then, you are inventing the narrative. Got it.
I didn’t invent anything. I quoted the sheriff for you.

Anyway - I’ve made my point. Throw on your Aaron Hernandez jersey and enjoy the season.

Aaron Hernandez is a murderer.
Kraft solicited for prostitution.
The Pats taped signals.
Brown has been accused in a civil suit of terrible crimes.

All of these as a Patriots fan I own and acknowledge. If this makes me an apologist, I don't know what to tell you.

Edit- And I am now using the block/ignore feature for the first time since joining in 2011. I come here to talk sports, not be accused of supporting a murderer. Later, bro.

Aaron Hernandez is a murderer.
Kraft solicited for prostitution.
The Pats taped signals.
Brown has been accused in a civil suit of terrible crimes.

All of these as a Patriots fan I own and acknowledge. If this makes me an apologist, I don't know what to tell you.

Edit- And I am now using the block/ignore feature for the first time since joining in 2011. I come here to talk sports, not be accused of supporting a murderer. Later, bro.
Lol. Good I’ll be able to mock you now without a steady stream of denial flowing back.

At the end of the day, if the NFL finds credibility to the allegations based on their investigation, I can't object to this even if he hasn't been found guilty of anything. They've done it before with AP. That being said, it does significantly lower the threshold here in that this would be the first instance where the bar isnt a criminal investigation or indictment but rather, a civil lawsuit filing which has a very different level of evidentiary support. I'm curious where this takes us going forward.

At the end of the day, if the NFL finds credibility to the allegations based on their investigation, I can't object to this even if he hasn't been found guilty of anything. They've done it before with AP. That being said, it does significantly lower the threshold here in that this would be the first instance where the bar isnt a criminal investigation or indictment but rather, a civil lawsuit filing which has a very different level of evidentiary support. I'm curious where this takes us going forward.

Hopefully to the point where if you are a garbage human being than you don't get to gain power and wealth by being able to run fast.

Hopefully to the point where if you are a garbage human being than you don't get to gain power and wealth by being able to run fast.

No i get it, i really was referring to where the NFL will put the "bar" going forward and if the union will be cool with that. I'm really talking about process in future cases and how that will evolve.

I didn’t invent anything. I quoted the sheriff for you.

Anyway - I’ve made my point. Throw on your Aaron Hernandez jersey and enjoy the season.
This is utter garbage.

Supposedly she passed lie detector tests about two of the allegations FWIW.

Gang do a little research on the Kraft case. There was ZERO evidence of sex trafficking. These were middle aged gals that drove to work in Mercedes and BMWs and lived in apartments in the burbs. Complete scam in terms of the allegation of sex trafficking.

Gang do a little research on the Kraft case. There was ZERO evidence of s e x trafficking. These were middle aged gals that drove to work in Mercedes and BMWs and lived in apartments in the burbs. Complete scam in terms of the allegation of s e x trafficking.

Science disproved deflategate too. Doesnt matter. When a dog has a bone, he aint giving it up.

These don’t matter if she proceeds to trial with her allegations then her legal team has a right to call Brown to the stand.
Where his credibility would be the one under scrutiny.
If he is guilty she shouldn’t take a settlement. Go to trial.
Put AB on the stand and if he is guilty he will likely expose himself to criminal prosecution.
In civil suits the defendant can’t refuse to take the stand like in criminal cases.

You can be coached to pass polygraphs.

As an aside.. People say “if she sent texts to friends after the rape, that’s admissable in court and helps her case”.

If someone wanted to extort another, what’s to prevent them from just inventing a rape occurrence and then calling, texting, emailing friends about it in the hours following, knowing those can bolster an allegation?

This is utter garbage.
That’s fine. So is the character of your team’s owner, coach, quarterback, former db tight end, and really just about everyone involved with the organization from the time Kraft took over.

If I was head of Pats, I would eat the money and just cut him. Wipe your hands clean of this mess. If it's 10 mil, it really not that much in grand scheme when considering the amount of $ these franchises make. Just be done with it. Just me I guess but not worth the headache IMO but just eat it and move on

If I was head of Pats, I would eat the money and just cut him. Wipe your hands clean of this mess. If it's 10 mil, it really not that much in grand scheme when considering the amount of $ these franchises make. Just be done with it. Just me I guess but not worth the headache IMO

As a Pats fan I would not object if they did, but man I wish this happened before they traded Thomas.

As a Pats fan I would not object if they did, but man I wish this happened before they traded Thomas.

Don't disagree but it's not worth the headaches, IMO. Guy is just toxic is everyway possible. They gambled and it's only going to get worse from the look of it

So...Antonio Brown...

First things first - it's very difficult for anyone to speak on sexual assault unless they have been a victim of it, and even then it's difficult to compare tragedies.

However - for the court of public opinion - it's a very odd move to not go to the police first, and go right to a civil lawsuit. That is going to come off as a money grab.

If what AB is accused of is true, then he should not be allowed to ever play for the NFL ever again. He should be arrested, and sued.

But it's innocent until proven guilty. So we will see where this all goes

Don't disagree but it's not worth the headaches, IMO. Guy is just toxic is everyway possible. They gambled and it's only going to get worse from the look of it

IMO Brown needs to figure out a way to settle. Cat is out of the bag. He's not getting the reputation damage undone no matter what. And yes, it reeks of "guilty" but it isnt. A settlement with a committment not to cooperate with the NFL is his best play and his best chance to make this go away, at least mechanically. It doesnt mean the Pats dont still cut him, but i think its HIS best option. That being said I am not a lawyer so that may be terrible advice.

So...Antonio Brown...

First things first - it's very difficult for anyone to speak on s e xual assault unless they have been a victim of it, and even then it's difficult to compare tragedies.

However - for the court of public opinion - it's a very odd move to not go to the police first, and go right to a civil lawsuit. That is going to come off as a money grab.

If what AB is accused of is true, then he should not be allowed to ever play for the NFL ever again. He should be arrested, and sued.

But it's innocent until proven guilty. So we will see where this all goes
See what happened with Derrick Rose.
He was sued in civil court. No criminal charges were filed.
I would cut the guy because of the nature of crime but filing the civil suit does force people into settling so they don’t have to take the stand in a trial.

IMO Brown needs to figure out a way to settle. Cat is out of the bag. He's not getting the reputation damage undone no matter what. And yes, it reeks of "guilty" but it isnt. A settlement with a committment not to cooperate with the NFL is his best play and his best chance to make this go away, at least mechanically. It doesnt mean the Pats dont still cut him, but i think its HIS best option. That being said I am not a lawyer so that may be terrible advice.
Settling the case doesn’t save Brown from discipline. It likely keeps the case out of criminal proceedings.

Zeke Elliott didn’t do anything criminal and he got 6 games for domestic incident.
Brown has to either admit guilt and take his suspension while getting cut or fight this and prove his innocence.
Either way he should be gone till it’s concluded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom