Antonio Brown Discussion | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Antonio Brown Discussion

Settling the case doesn’t save Brown from discipline. It likely keeps the case out of criminal proceedings.

Zeke Elliott didn’t do anything criminal and he got 6 games for domestic incident.
Brown has to either admit guilt and take his suspension while getting cut or fight this and prove his innocence.
Either way he should be gone till it’s concluded.

Settling the case, and sealing the (as yet unreleased) evidence with the condition that she doesnt cooperate could leave the NFL with little if anything to investigate.

Not saying I want this or expect this, just reiterating what some of the sports law community was tweeting today

Settling the case, and sealing the (as yet unreleased) evidence with the condition that she doesnt cooperate could leave the NFL with little if anything to investigate.

Not saying I want this or expect this, just reiterating what some of the sports law community was tweeting today
Zeke Elliott got 6 games without being criminally charged.
If he settles he is getting 6 games minimum.
I see him getting cut if he settles.

See what happened with Derrick Rose.
He was sued in civil court. No criminal charges were filed.
I would cut the guy because of the nature of crime but filing the civil suit does force people into settling so they don’t have to take the stand in a trial.

What probably will end up happening is he'll go on the commissioner's exempt list until this further develops

What probably will end up happening is he'll go on the commissioner's exempt list until this further develops
That is the likely outcome.
Brown’s accuser is getting married this weekend.
She won’t speak to the NFL till next week at the earliest.
The timing of the lawsuit is interesting but I would put the guy on ice till more is known.
Derrick Rose was found not guilty.

The problem here is AB is so nuclear right now people don’t care about being fair to him.

For the first time, and probably only time, I believe Antonio Brown over someone else.
I have no idea what really happened. But read his emails to her. He couldn't come off worse. No matter what happened between them. And women who have been assaulted by men, often act very strangely. Us men have never understood this. And we never will.

My take, having done my share of litigation.
With allegations like this, if they are true, you don't just go for the civil suit. You file criminal charges. If he is convicted, you win the civil suit automatically.
Also, after the first alleged incident, why was she ever with him again.
I call BS.
NFL ought to say, "without some 3rd party vetting these allegations, (police, review evidence, interview parties and witnesses, etc.) we will let the civil process play out."

So...Antonio Brown...

First things first - it's very difficult for anyone to speak on s e xual assault unless they have been a victim of it, and even then it's difficult to compare tragedies.

However - for the court of public opinion - it's a very odd move to not go to the police first, and go right to a civil lawsuit. That is going to come off as a money grab.

If what AB is accused of is true, then he should not be allowed to ever play for the NFL ever again. He should be arrested, and sued.

But it's innocent until proven guilty. So we will see where this all goes

The timing also is suspect . Hit him only when he’s in a vulnerable state .. the public is more likely to buy a negative story now than a few months ago

The timing also is suspect . Hit him only when he’s in a vulnerable state .. the public is more likely to buy a negative story now than a few months ago
The plaintiff is getting married this weekend.
Her legal team wasn’t planning to file the lawsuit this week.
The Twitter person Incarated Bob leaked the fact AB was being extorted on Twitter the past Saturday and Brown’s team knew something was up.
So the plaintiffs legal team rushed the filing of the lawsuit on Tuesday night as a result.

I am still giving the complaining plaintiff the benefit of the doubt but this lawsuit is for the intentional torts of battery in a sexual manner and IIED.

Her legal team didn’t exactly write the strongest filing but I am not giving AB a pass. This seems like a he said/ she said and AB isn’t going to get any benefit of the doubt.
If AB paid her I doubt she files the suit.

I wasn’t involved in sexual assault cases when I worked in the DA’s office but I know typically victims of the crime don’t really care about monetary damages and the civil suit as the incidents are life altering. I would hope instead of cooperating with the NFL hope the plaintiff files a criminal complaint in Florida and we can get the case investigated.
The NFL CBA doesn’t allow AB to go on the commissioner’s exempt list unless the case involves criminal charges.
These allegations are civil and not criminal.

So AB is going to get released now.
Gotta cut him. Rape accusations aren’t something to take lightly.

Honestly, do you think the Patriots care about this?

I mean, they drafted Hernandez, despite all of the crap he was involved in while at UF.

Honestly, do you think the Patriots care about this?

I mean, they drafted Hernandez, despite all of the crap he was involved in while at UF.
Hernandez has nothing to do with this.
I get your a Bills fan and hate the Patriots but using Aaron Hernandez to relate to Antonio Brown is not even the same thing.

Bringing Aaron Hernandez up just shows this is personal hatred of the team and nothing more.
I am sure I can name criminals and bad character guys that have played for your team.
AB doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt but these allegations are civil and not criminal. The plaintiff should file a police report. If AB committed a crime I would support filing criminal charges.

I get your a Bills fan and hate the Patriots but using Aaron Hernandez to relate to Antonio Brown is not even the same thing.

Bringing Aaron Hernandez up just shows this is personal hatred of the team and nothing more.
I am sure I can name criminals and bad character guys that have played for your team.
AB doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt but these allegations are civil and not criminal. The plaintiff should file a police report. If AB committed a crime I would support filing criminal charges.

It's precedent for the Patriots. Win at all costs.

So the fan of OJ and Shady is complaining about Hernandez.

So AB is going to get released now.
Gotta cut him. Rape accusations aren’t something to take lightly.
It's someone's livelihood that's being messed with. And the accusser going from extortion to civil suit rather than criminal charges tells me we should take the allegations very lightly.
Too many people are PC instead of using critical analysis of the facts.

BS. Nice deflection. Nothing about personal hatred. Ridiculous.

Your team has a history (as do many), whether you choose to address it or not.

And apparently, you choose not to.

1568287737916.png

Embrace the hate.

BS. Nice deflection. Nothing about personal hatred. Ridiculous.

Your team has a history (as do many), whether you choose to address it or not.

And apparently, you choose not to.

View attachment 169871
LOL if you think Antonio Brown has to do with Aaron Hernandez.
Under this logic blame the Giants for Lawrence Taylor raping young girls and the Giants enabling those sexual assaults.

My god. Aaron Hernandez shot a guy in the offseason. Aaron Hernandez has nothing to do with the Patriots organization. Players fall in the draft because of character but to believe the team is responsible now because he was a murderer is utter insanity.
I mean the what the hell are you trying to say?

I condemn Aaron Hernandez’s crimes. That has nothing to do with the Patriots organization.

LOL if you think Antonio Brown has to do with Aaron Hernandez.
Under this logic blame the Giants for Lawrence Taylor raping young girls and the Giants enabling those s e xual assaults.

My god. Aaron Hernandez shot a guy in the offseason. Aaron Hernandez has nothing to do with the Patriots organization. Players fall in the draft because of character but to believe the team should now he was a murderer is utter insanity.
I mean the what the hell are you trying to say?
1568288886528.png

Lawrence Taylor was suspended in 1987 for drugs.
Lawrence Taylor was suspended in 1988 for drugs.
The organization did nothing but enable his subsequent crimes involving drugs and sexual assault.

I guess.

Aaron Hernandez was a murderer and scum bag. When he played football he wasn’t suspended or get arrested. He had red flags in the draft that caused him to slip to the 4th round. His crimes are heinous but what did the organization do? Did the NFL make him ineligible to play? Nobody thought he was a murderer.
Is Rae Curruth ever put on the Carolina Panthers or Bill Polian ledger?

Aaron Hernandez crimes aren’t on the Patriots organization?
What is your point?
My point is, you missed both the point of the OP and the point of my post. It's not specifically AH, it's your organization's history. Done here - I don't need to see 50 posts "proving" the saintliness of the Patriots and what skunks the rest of the league are. But you knock yourself out. :)

My point is, you missed both the point of the OP and the point of my post. It's not specifically AH, it's your organization's history. Done here - I don't need to see 50 posts "proving" the saintliness of the Patriots and what skunks the rest of the league are. But you knock yourself out. :)
Where do I call the Patriots organization “Saints”?

All they do Is win games and Super Bowls. I could give a chit if they are have a saintly record.
Every team is dirty and nobody thinks otherwise.
Bringing up Hernandez in any way shape of form to compare to Brown is just a cheap shot.
Hernandez didn’t get charged with murder then get signed. He was cut when he was arrested.

Lawrence Taylor was suspended in 1987 for drugs.
Lawrence Taylor was suspended in 1988 for drugs.
The organization did nothing but enable his subsequent crimes involving drugs and s e xual assault.

I guess.

Aaron Hernandez was a murderer and scum bag. When he played football he wasn’t suspended or get arrested. He had red flags in the draft that caused him to slip to the 4th round. His crimes are heinous but what did the organization do? Did the NFL make him ineligible to play? Nobody thought he was a murderer.
Is Rae Curruth ever put on the Carolina Panthers or Bill Polian ledger?

Like supposedly being involved in a shooting while at UF? Just boys being boys...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom