Any chance that Freddy is being "showcased? | Syracusefan.com

Any chance that Freddy is being "showcased?

CaliCuse

All American
He might be expendable now that Phelps has established him self as a quality pitcher. If he stays I doubt he comes back next year as a Yankee,if at all. He might be useful in a NL pennant race rotation in exchange for a prospect.:noidea:

Uh, Phelps has only 3 starts under his belt, and he's yet to go past 4.2 innings. Let's not get carried away.

He might be expendable now that Phelps has established him self as a quality pitcher. If he stays I doubt he comes back next year as a Yankee,if at all. He might be useful in a NL pennant race rotation in exchange for a prospect.:noidea:

Why would you move him now? He's actually been very good since he went to the bullpen and now he's giving them solid starts. There's no guarantee that Pettitte will make it back and be effective either. And what do you think Garcia would actually bring back in a trade? He's worth more to the Yankees than anyone else at this point.

Its an opinion on a guy who can't hi
Why would you move him now? He's actually been very good since he went to the bullpen and now he's giving them solid starts. There's no guarantee that Pettitte will make it back and be effective either. And what do you think Garcia would actually bring back in a trade? He's worth more to the Yankees than anyone else at this point.
Its an opinion,just not one that I share. Of course the jury is still out on Phelps bt Freddy is up in years and anything that the Yanks get from him or for him is just a bonus.:eek:

Its an opinion on a guy who can't hi
Its an opinion,just not one that I share. Of course the jury is still out on Phelps bt Freddy is up in years and anything that the Yanks get from him or for him is just a bonus.:eek:

You have play to win the division first and, if possible, secure best record in the AL. Garcia is a very valuable piece for the Yankees right now, so it would be foolish to move him for a marginal prospect (that's all he would bring back) and then have to rely on Phelps or other unproven young arms to make starts where needed for the balance of the season. Next year, when Pineda (and possibly Pettitte) return, there will be plenty of experienced starters and young arms available, and Garcia will not be needed.

The Yankees are the last team I see trading away serviceable starters.

The Yankees are the last team I see trading away serviceable starters.
I would like to believe there is a parallel universe where Cali is the Yankee GM and all hell is breaking loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom