THE PORTALS TOP 25 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

THE PORTALS TOP 25

I don’t get this. It’s not a logical statement. SU basketball is still ahead of SU football in recruiting. We signed a top 60 shooting guard and McDonalds All American PF. How has our recruiting not ticked up since JB left? Even with all this talk about Fran SU football is still outside the top 30 in recruiting.
However you look at it. We haven’t had an nba player in a long time and most of the drafted players have fizzled out quickly. Year one won 20 games. That’s a big accomplishment but we need studs and it seems like we get development players. The issue is you can’t develop a person you rent for 1 year. We can say all we want that we have brought in good players. They just haven’t worked out like we have hoped.

However you look at it. We haven’t had an nba player in a long time and most of the drafted players have fizzled out quickly. Year one won 20 games. That’s a big accomplishment but we need studs and it seems like we get development players. The issue is you can’t develop a person you rent for 1 year. We can say all we want that we have brought in good players. They just haven’t worked out like we have hoped.
And what can you say about football?

Basketball recruiting is still ahead. It it was Reds first year. I like Fran, but lets see how he does on the field before we crown him first.

He had a great couple of months but the last handful of games are extremely concerning, maybe the way Judah played down the stretch had an effect on his game, I don’t know. I wish he played even passable defense because we probably wouldn’t even be having this discussion.
No doubt he has things to work on and improve. But as I said, I’m glad to have him

Those two definitely didn't work together well on the court. I think with Judah leaving, JJ will be able to act more as a leader on the team. I think his offense is going to be there this year. But, he really has to get the D figured out. The guy works really hard, I think he is going to be a very pleasant surprise in how much he improves next year.
So do I.

I don’t get this. It’s not a logical statement. SU basketball is still ahead of SU football in recruiting. We signed a top 60 shooting guard and McDonalds All American PF. How has our recruiting not ticked up since JB left? Even with all this talk about Fran SU football is still outside the top 30 in recruiting.
And our transfer class rankings (using their ranking coming out senior year) would have been our best class since 2011, the class with Christmas, MCW and Cooney.

Westry being injured and Starling getting off to a slow start isn't a knock on the quality of recruiting.

In two years, Red has recruited 4 players into the program, their RSCI rankings were 21, 33, 33 and 67.

He also successfully recruited Williams (28) to stick around. His only big recruiting miss we know about was Edwards leaving for a bigger bag.

You can have concerns or complaints about Red, but he's been great recruiting, so far.

And our transfer class rankings (using their ranking coming out senior year) would have been our best class since 2011, the class with Christmas, MCW and Cooney.

Westry being injured and Starling getting off to a slow start isn't a knock on the quality of recruiting.

In two years, Red has recruited 4 players into the program, their RSCI rankings were 21, 33, 33 and 67.

He also successfully recruited Williams (28) to stick around. His only big recruiting miss we know about was Edwards leaving for a bigger bag.

You can have concerns or complaints about Red, but he's been great recruiting, so far.
Agree. It’s not a rational complaint.

71nxLkFdH7L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Mostly from mid or lower majors. Stanford sure got hit!

No doubt he has things to work on and improve. But as I said, I’m glad to have him
I think his play (actually everybody's! ) would be better with an actual pg who can hit 3's. Having your major ball handler just bull his way down the lane doesn't help ANYBODY!

Those two definitely didn't work together well on the court. I think with Judah leaving, JJ will be able to act more as a leader on the team. I think his offense is going to be there this year. But, he really has to get the D figured out. The guy works really hard, I think he is going to be a very pleasant surprise in how much he improves next year.
His D is Gary Payton level compared to his passing. He also needs to work his left hand. Big year coming up. We need him to be good all the time.

it's not just about getting good players. it's about getting good players who work well together. there's a lotta great foods i like. strawberries , steak, yams , eggplant, lobster...and on.
however that doesn't mean you toss them all in a blender and they taste great together.
red needs to put himself together a roster of good players who work hard and compliment each others flavors and together make a spectacular dish. ( ok top chef is back on bravo)

it's not just about getting good players. it's about getting good players who work well together. there's a lotta great foods i like. strawberries , steak, yams , eggplant, lobster...and on.
however that doesn't mean you toss them all in a blender and they taste great together.
red needs to put himself together a roster of good players who work hard and compliment each others flavors and together make a spectacular dish. ( ok top chef is back on bravo)
I'll never understand the appeal of cooking reality shows. If you can't smell it, taste it, eat it, then what's the point?

I will be looking for this list in a few weeks. It's a bit early now.
I don't disagree. But if there is someone we really want already portalled there is no reason to wait. Missouri and Gonzaga have already snagged 2 of the guys on that list. If memory serves me we didn't wait long after JJ portalled to get him.

So true. If not, you'd think Pepperdine would have been better than 13-20 (5-11) this past season.

I'll never understand the appeal of cooking reality shows. If you can't smell it, taste it, eat it, then what's the point?
Padma. (altho she's been replaced with asian hottie kristen kush.) and the lovely gail.

I don't disagree. But if there is someone we really want already portalled there is no reason to wait. Missouri and Gonzaga have already snagged 2 of the guys on that list. If memory serves me we didn't wait long after JJ portalled to get him.

One day with JJ.

If you ever watched top chef when Padma was the host you’d understand completely.

Also, my iPad is racist and wouldnt let me spell her name properly .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom