Any chance we see DC2 today | Syracusefan.com

Any chance we see DC2 today

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
if the refs are allowing Gardner to bull his way through the paint again?

I'm hoping it's not the case but if need be we could potentially fight 280 lbs w/ 280 lbs. IIRC Coleman wasn't avail for our last matchup with them.

I thought Coleman would see run after the first 3 minutes against Indiana when Christmas had 2 fouls, and Keita picked up 1. However, I don't see Coleman playing more than 2-3 minutes unless Keita/Christmas have major foul trouble or foul out. The key to this game is Southerland and Fair boxing out on the defensive glass. We had 32 rebounds vs Indiana 34 rebounds on Thursday and neglected for the most part IU's 2nd chance points. Marquette is going to try and play volleyball on the offensive glass and take shots banking on outworking us on the offensive glass. With that said Thursday was the best Syracuse looked energy wise since atleast 2010. Syracuse needs to do the dirty work 2 games in a row and we will beat Marquette.

I thought Coleman would see run after the first 3 minutes against Indiana when Christmas had 2 fouls, and Keita picked up 1.

The difference is IU was running a bunch of skinny midgets out there and Marquette will be running out their bulldozer again. We could've run Grant at the 5 vs IU and been ok since he and Zeller are the same size.

If Coleman came in and played 7 minutes, but was able to get some hard fouls in on their cheapshot big dudes, I think it would help. Can't allow those Gardner and Otule to throw themselves around down low. Need to neutralize it somehow.

If we're up 20 with 2 min left in the game we might get to see DC2.

The obligatory thread we've seen before every BET / NCAA game...

If we see him in the game before the last 2 minutes, it will mean something very bad has happened.

I bet if our fans held up cheeseburgers while Gardner was on the court he would just wonder off into the stands. Perhaps we should organize this?

i don't think we can afford to use cheap fouls on Gardner. He shoots almost 85% from the line and absolutely killed us from there last time. Just play D, we don't need any fouls. Baye and Rak are more then capable.

i don't think we can afford to use cheap fouls on Gardner. He shoots almost 85% from the line and absolutely killed us from there last time. Just play D, we don't need any fouls. Baye and Rak are more then capable.

I'm not saying foul him. I'm saying play someone that he can;t bowling ball through in the paint if the refs are allowing it. He won't move the Hulk like he does our other 2 bigs.

I'm not saying foul him. I'm saying play someone that he can;t bowling ball through in the paint if the refs are allowing it. He won't move the Hulk like he does our other 2 bigs.

ya but i have a feeling DC wouldn't be able to help it and would hack him to death. He has been woefully bad on defense this season.

ya but i have a feeling DC wouldn't be able to help it and would hack him to death. He has been woefully bad on defense this season.

I'm really hoping that we don't need to find out. Just have that Syracuse fan mentality of prep for the worst from the refs and hope for the best from our team.

I think we are more likely to do a better job of denying the ball in the post and take our chances getting beat from three than seeing DC try to muscle their bigs out of there. I'm betting that Gardner is not a big concern for the staff actually. That was a once in a lifetime performance for him.

The question is, IF he were to get minutes, WOULD he be effective?

I hope JB does whatever it takes to win.

If Keita and Christmad get abused, I hope he'd be willing to try Coleman.

Question: Any chance we see DC2 today?

Answer: Yes, on the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom