Any info on what attendance will be for Colgate tomorrow? | Syracusefan.com

Any info on what attendance will be for Colgate tomorrow?

RF2044

Living Legend
Haven't seen anything announced / projected about what the crowd might be tomorrow night.

Let's Go Orange!!!

any new whispers? SU giving away free tix to all students doesnt make it seem like a good turnout is expected

any new whispers? SU giving away free tix to all students doesnt make it seem like a good turnout is expected
I think a relatively decent turnout is expected but Labor Day Weekend is a tough weekend for several reasons. The student giveaway is an enticement to get our student fan-base more involved.

One thing I know for sure... it'll be a LOT more than the attendance in East Hartford, CT last night.

I know I was watching and saying looks kind of empty. Sad for them in their home opener.

Last edited:
TexanMark said:
I think a relatively decent turnout is expected but Labor Day Weekend is a tough weekend for several reasons. The student giveaway is an enticement to get our student fan-base more involved.

Since you're posting, I assume you survived last night?

SU's giving away tickets to all freshmen? Or undergraduates? Or all students?

Because if we're back to the traditional "tickets distributed" method rather than a turnstile count, that could be a bump of anywhere from 3,500 to 16,000.

I have no idea, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a high announced attendance figure - 45,000+.

OttoMets said:
SU's giving away tickets to all freshmen? Or undergraduates? Or all students? Because if we're back to the traditional "tickets distributed" method rather than a turnstile count, that could be a bump of anywhere from 3,500 to 16,000. I have no idea, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a high announced attendance figure - 45,000+.

All students

All students

Interesting - I wonder how they'll prepare for that. In the past they reserve a little bit of overflow seating (maybe 1,000 seats) up in 305 and 306.

SU's giving away tickets to all freshmen? Or undergraduates? Or all students?

Because if we're back to the traditional "tickets distributed" method rather than a turnstile count, that could be a bump of anywhere from 3,500 to 16,000.

I have no idea, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a high announced attendance figure - 45,000+.

45k...no way. I wish but no way. 30-something. Hopefully high 30s.

I say that because of the student ticket giveaway and a hunch that they want to make the numbers look good.

There'll be 35,000 people in the house.

Wish they would give us free tickets:)

sometimes I wonder what the attendance would be if they just let everyone inside for nothing. Is it the price keeping people away or the product on the field?

I say that because of the student ticket giveaway and a hunch that they want to make the numbers look good.

There'll be 35,000 people in the house.

Oh, got ya. We agree.

Since you're posting, I assume you survived last night?
Woke up at 4am with severe rain and 60mph plus winds...the storm is really messy on the eastern side of the eye...which is affecting Tampa Bay.

Watchout...NJ/NY might get Hurricane Sandy effects around Sunday/Monday.

Wish they would give us free tickets:)

sometimes I wonder what the attendance would be if they just let everyone inside for nothing. Is it the price keeping people away or the product on the field?
Here are a list of most likely reasons why attendance would still suck:
k13627541.jpg
kids-soccer-clipart-clipart-panda-free-clipart-images-MQRB7F-clipart.jpg

Demonstration_of_Sweat.jpg

27242498.jpg

Woke up at 4am with severe rain and 60mph plus winds...the storm is really messy on the eastern side of the eye...which is affecting Tampa Bay.

Watchout...NJ/NY might get Hurricane Sandy effects around Sunday/Monday.

Me and my family are heading down Monday to cape may county shore for our yearly end of summer week at the shore. Hopefully all the rain and flooding is gone by then.

HCDM first game had like 40k+, bunch of famous football alums too. Any word if HCDB is getting famous football alumni to the game??

One thing I know for sure... it'll be a LOT more than the attendance in East Hartford, CT last night.
UConn actually gave away free tickets to the game to anyone that wanted them. I have heard of free tickets for students (that is really common), but never free tickets for the general public. They announced attendance of 29K but it didn't look like 29K watching the TV broadcast.

Thought UConn looked okay on defense. Not close to where they once were. They struggled to get any rush on the Maine QB and their safeties were burned deep repeatedly. They have one very good CB and a solid DT from NY. Linebackers look good against the run. One of their safeties has a little brother who verbaled to SU not long ago. Maine was able to hurt them passing the ball most of the game and that was with a bunch of their best players out. I think they are going to have some problems trying to stop the SU offense.

On offense, UConn was lost. Their OL is very suspect. Maine put severe pressure on the QB on every pass play and scored a TD on a blind side hit. The QB ran for his life a lot. Their best chance to get a first down was when the OL broke down on passing plays (i.e. every passing play), where the QB would run around trying to run for his life.

The Husky OL couldn't open holes on designed running plays either. The RBs occasionally got decent yardage running wide (Maine was slow). UConn has a really basic old school offense that has been obsolete for 10-15 years. Lots of runs, passes were all short, no attempt to stretch the field, heavy use of 2 TEs. Old school.

Josh Mack played a lot for Maine and looked pretty good. 9 carries for 30 yards.

25,000 people, plus however many student show up. That is more than an educated guess.

HCDM first game had like 40k+, bunch of famous football alums too. Any word if HCDB is getting famous football alumni to the game??

There was 48,000+ announced for Marrone's first game, but that was against a respectable Big Ten opponent that we also had a shot at beating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom