Any special superstitions through this streak | Syracusefan.com

Any special superstitions through this streak

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
If it has anything to do with underwear I'm not interested but I have a couple simple ones. One, I haven't shaved off my beard that I started in the beginning of the season. Of course old man winter might have something to do with that also, but I'm not shaving it until we win the NC. The second is a no brainer. Same outfit for every game, plus I got one of those free white Chevy Cuse hats in the backcourt which has been very lucky so far.
I'm good with just about everything else: food, beverage, choice of pee troughs. No superstitions involved.

I'm boring, don't believe in superstitions. I look at it as what is it that I do that effects 12 guys on a team with millions other watching.

Maybe me not having a superstition is the superstition. Lol

If it has anything to do with underwear I'm not interested but I have a couple simple ones. One, I haven't shaved off my beard that I started in the beginning of the season. Of course old man winter might have something to do with that also, but I'm not shaving it until we win the NC. The second is a no brainer. Same outfit for every game, plus I got one of those free white Chevy Cuse hats in the backcourt which has been very lucky so far.
I'm good with just about everything else: food, beverage, choice of pee troughs. No superstitions involved.

I might have killed us. I too hadent touched by beard since the season started... Had to clean it up for V day dinner... :/

I have not had a haircut. Lou the barber must be wondering where I've been. I'm starting to look like I did back in high school (at least the hair) which was quite a long time ago :)

I might have killed us. I too hadent touched by beard since the season started... Had to clean it up for V day dinner... :/

198fecd6-picard-double-facepalm-gif-5917.gif

It's only weird if it doesn't work :)

I have a pair of white Syracuse Orange socks. Wore them the day before the first game in Canada and just happened to wash them game day, so I wore them again. Been doing that before each game since.

Many. I am a complete wacko with superstitions.

I have a box of kleenex on my desk at work. I had one kleenex in it to start the season and refuse to use the last one. I almost had to fire an employee last week when they reached for it.

I have to sit in the same spot for each road game I am home. We had people over one game and I had to politely tell someone to get the hell out of my seat without sounding like a jerk.

When I walk from the parking lot to the dome and climb the stairs going from lot I have to take them 2 at a time because one at a time would clearly result in a loss.

Lastly I try to run every day (although living in Syracuse makes that hard). I have to run 5 miles every game day. Not 4.5, not 4,9...5 miles. On my kids lives I cut the run short vs St Francis Brooklyn and it almost cost us. I also cut the run short vs. NC State. Never will I make that mistake again.

During my run I pass an orange colored car that is always parked in the street and has yet to not be there on gameday runs. I make a habit of tapping the hood when I run by. Once the owner was getting in the car and I had to do it with him watching which was really awkward. him for looking at me funny.

Other than that I am completely normal and have no superstitions

If it has anything to do with underwear I'm not interested

Sorry, but I have a pair of navy and orange boxers that I do not wear on SU gamedays.

I have worn my blue Carmelo shirsey for all 25 wins. NC state game I had to watch on my phone in Vail but I was wearing the shirsey under my ski jacket. I totally scared some cuties away with my cussing at the phone but what can I say bros before hoes. boo ya lets go orange!

I have used the same orange SU cup for my morning coffee the day of every game this season. It's going in the dishwasher this evening so it's ready to go tomorrow.

My wife reached for it the morning of the Duke game and I went psycho on her. She now refuses to touch it.

I have a box of kleenex on my desk at work. I had one kleenex in it to start the season and refuse to use the last one. I almost had to fire an employee last week when they reached for it.

I have to sit in the same spot for each road game I am home. We had people over one game and I had to politely tell someone to get the hell out of my seat without sounding like a jerk.

When I walk from the parking lot to the dome and climb the stairs going from lot I have to take them 2 at a time because one at a time would clearly result in a loss.

Lastly I try to run every day (although living in Syracuse makes that hard). I have to run 5 miles every game day. Not 4.5, not 4,9...5 miles. On my kids lives I cut the run short vs St Francis Brooklyn and it almost cost us. I also cut the run short vs. NC State. Never will I make that mistake again.

During my run I pass an orange colored car that is always parked in the street and has yet to not be there on gameday runs. I make a habit of tapping the hood when I run by. Once the owner was getting in the car and I had to do it with him watching which was really awkward. him for looking at me funny.

That last part about the orange car was classic!

A mini story... In the 09-10 season, a season that I thought could not get any better during it, the whole season I would think of the worst possible thing that could happen to us in tight situations (letting up a 3, fouling a 3 pt shooter, and-1, etc.) and I would immediately knock on wood multiple times. As if I was saying "God forbid." It basically worked the whole season, until the Butler game. Lord knows I knocked on wood the hardest I ever have that night, but it didn't change the result one bit.

That is when I realized that superstition is BS.

This is an amazing post. ^^^

I have roughly 8-12 syracuse shirts in my dresser. During the game it is my job to find a shirt that works. Pitt and NC State game I was in my undershirt with about 2 to go.

I generally stand.

When things are desperate I will change the channel and listen on the radio and follow the gamecast on espn. Sometimes I'm bad luck and me not watching helps them.

I'm the reason we are 25 and 0. Marshs tissue has no bearing.

Not really. But you can bet that if/when we lose, I won't do any of those things again next game day.

For some reason I envisioned you saying no one could have any of your beers, not sit in your chair.

My wife is banned from the tv room during games. Past history tells me upon her entering the room Tyler Ennis will probably turn the ball over and we will lose a 24 point lead. She is bad karma for us but funny thing is, we have never lost a game that I have taken her to... :noidea:

I do have a superstition, but part of it is to keep it confidential.

I'm not going to use the "I can tell you but then I'd have to kill you" line. That's not because I don't want to kill anyone, it's because they'd know it for a few minutes till they were actually dead. That's not confidential and might still mess it up, which is the most important thing...So I'm not telling anyone what it is.

I have roughly 8-12 syracuse shirts in my dresser. During the game it is my job to find a shirt that works. Pitt and NC State game I was in my undershirt with about 2 to go.
How about the Indiana game. Are you the one who removed their shirt and pants.

During the Duke game, I was at a Cuse bar and I noticed that one of the people in our group kept looking around shadily...kind of just staring at the floor or the walls, basically anywhere but the TV. She noticed that I noticed, so she explained that for as long as she's been a Syracuse fan, they've always done better when she's not watching. So during big games and moments, she averts her eyes for the good of the team. Some superstitions are a pain to keep up, but that one might take the cake.