Any updates on the lake effect snow for tonight? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Any updates on the lake effect snow for tonight?

For those of you seated close to the court - please yell and clap and scream to distract the opposition. It really does work, ironically, when a lack of full seats allows your voice to come through. My girlfriend and I singlehandedly won a game against weakly-attended Pitt a couple of years ago in the Dome.

Okay, "singlehandedly" is a bit of an exaggeration. And maybe a perversely strong one.

But we got 'em to miss most of their free throws in the second half. I wanted to smash the smartphones and nacho trays of the hundreds around us who were absolutely quiet and immobile. Or maybe thank them for being quiet while we psyched out the ghostly remains of a once competitive program.

And here's a handy tip (respecting bbeadle's recent screamer neighbor fans attacking home team players) - it works best when you save it for opponents.

For those of you seated close to the court - please yell and clap and scream to distract the opposition. It really does work, ironically, when a lack of full seats allows your voice to come through. My girlfriend and I singlehandedly won a game against weakly-attended Pitt a couple of years ago in the Dome.

Okay, "singlehandedly" is a bit of an exaggeration. And maybe a perversely strong one.

But we got 'em to miss most of their free throws in the second half. I wanted to smash the smartphones and nacho trays of the hundreds around us who were absolutely quiet and immobile. Or maybe thank them for being quiet while we psyched out the ghostly remains of a once competitive program.

And here's a handy tip (respecting bbeadle's recent screamer neighbor fans attacking home team players) - it works best when you save it for opponents.

The phones are absolutely killing game atmospheres everywhere. Not just games, but concerts, etc. Anything where there’s a crowd.

The phones are absolutely killing game atmospheres everywhere. Not just games, but concerts, etc. Anything where there’s a crowd.

Zombie nation.

This casual fan from the Southern Tier will be there.

Worst weather I can recall was for a St. John's game back in the 80's. Took 4 1/2 hours to drive home in an ice storm with dozens of cars off the road on 81-S. By the time we got home my wiper blades looked like spaghetti. After a 90 minute drive to get from the Dome to the Tully exit we almost got off the road and stayed at the Best Western but my colleague said "I am not spending a Saturday night of my life in Tully, N.Y!"

Is that the game that St John’s team led by Fran Fraschilla when they became stuck and SU fans stepped up to help transport players to the game? From what I recall he wasn’t very thankful to the nice SU fans who helped him out either.

Is that the game that St John’s team led by Fran Fraschilla when they became stuck and SU fans stepped up to help transport players to the game? From what I recall he wasn’t very thankful to the nice SU fans who helped him out either.

Feb 24, 1998. Left L'pool at 5:30 and never did make it to the game. Stuck on I-81 between exits 18-17 for 90 minutes, and told my brother to go without me.

Feb 24, 1998. Left L'pool at 5:30 and never did make it to the game. Stuck on I-81 between exits 18-17 for 90 minutes, and told my brother to go without me.

We made it but it wasn’t pretty.

Think it was a different game. The Fraschilla game was snow and was in the 90s. This one was an ice storm in the late 80s. Should have known we were in for a rough night when we picked up my friend and his wife was wearing a bright red sweater! They did divorce a few years later and I still think it might have had something to do with her fashion choices!

Made it!

Almost whacked a homeless girl dancing in the street outside of shiftys... Thruway was a mess until almost Waterloo. Just outside of Geneva, about 5 miles down Seneca lake, barely a dusting.
Imagine my shock to encounter CuseTroop in the hallway at halftime! I was so dumbstruck I couldn’t even remember his name. Sorry, Adam! You looked great; LOVE the fulsome beard. Hope you had a good time!

Made it!

Almost whacked a homeless girl dancing in the street outside of shiftys... Thruway was a mess until almost Waterloo. Just outside of Geneva, about 5 miles down Seneca lake, barely a dusting.
Yea the thruway was not very good but it got better right after the weedsport exit and then got worse near Manchester. Still worth it though!

Looks like the fun starts this afternoon. I think most of it is supposed to happen tonight. Looks like the ride home will be harder than the ride in but the ride to work tomorrow is going to be the most interesting.

ride in from victor, ny took about 1:25 vs a normal 1:15 mainily because of plows pre treating

ride home was definitely harder. drove under 60 basically the entire way.

Was surprised how far south the snow was. Took us much longer than the usual 75 minutes to get home to Johnson City. Did not get in the house until 12:15. Needless to say I wasn't too coherent on my 6 a.m. conference call this morning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom