any word if Cordy returns ? | Syracusefan.com

any word if Cordy returns ?

out for the season

really the last paper report said due back by Clemson ? did something happen? hairline fractures dont tend to take that long

Matt Park said during pre-game that he was out for the season, but the only player that SU has listed as "out for the season" is Roberts.

Don't know if Park misspoke, or if Cordy's status has changed.

if they wanted to try and RS another year perhaps they wouldnt bring him back for 2-3 games if he is out until nov. now

this was from 2 weeks go

Cordy told Mark Larson of Spectrum News that he'll likely be out another five weeks.

Antwan Cordy just told me he has a hairline fracture and is out til Clemson @CORDYKID1: "maybe I'll be back sooner" #OrangeEmpire #CuseMode

maybe he had a set back.

Thats too bad because jordan martin is terrible back there... no fault of his own though. Hes new to positiob

Thats too bad because jordan martin is terrible back there... no fault of his own though. Hes new to positiob
I don't think that missed tackles can be attributed to him being unaccustomed to playing FS.

I don't think that missed tackles can be attributed to him being unaccustomed to playing FS.

why not? bad tackling can be caused by positioning which you assume would get better with experience. also, probably has a lot less experience tackling in general as a CB. I am sure you get better with practice in that regard too. also, some of his bad plays have been due to bad angles, imagine being new to fs hurts there as well.

Last edited:

That's awfully kind of Bailey, but since I was stuck listening to a quarter on the radio, I'm not buying that "best in the biz" description of Park. Holy crap, that guy makes it difficult to follow a football game. Half the time he's just yelling stuff like "Hide the women and children" without mentioning the outcome of the play, much less giving down and distance.

why not? bad tackling can be caused by positioning which you assume would get better with experience. also, probably has a lot less experience tackling in general as a CB. I am sure you get better with practice in that regard too. also, some of his bad plays have been due to bad angles, imagine being new to fs hurts there as well.
There may be a kernel of truth in the "angles" argument, but Martin is graduate transfer and has been playing FBS-level football for >4 years. There are few players on the field who have more experience.
I don't mean to pick on Martin, but he came in with such high expectations, and his repeated missed tackles have exposed a glaring weakness in his game.

There may be a kernel of truth in the "angles" argument, but Martin is graduate transfer and has been playing FBS-level football for >4 years. There are few players on the field who have more experience.
I don't mean to pick on Martin, but he came in with such high expectations, and his repeated missed tackles have exposed a glaring weakness in his game.

we agree martin has been terrible back there. however, only a "kernel" in truth regarding someone playing a completely different position. using your rationale, we can substitute any of our defensive backs for any position (outside corner, free safety, strong safety, nickel) and all should play at same level. there's a reason these players get put in specific positions.

do you think deion sanders would have been just as great of a safety as he was a cb?

we agree martin has been terrible back there. however, only a "kernel" in truth regarding someone playing a completely different position. using your rationale, we can substitute any of our defensive backs for any position (outside corner, free safety, strong safety, nickel) and all should play at same level. there's a reason these players get put in specific positions.

do you think deion sanders would have been just as great of a safety as he was a cb?

No, Deion didn't like the tackling part of football. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom