Any word on ticket sales? | Syracusefan.com

Any word on ticket sales?

CaliCuse

All American
Friday night with no State fair to compete with SHOULD mean a big crowd for most programs . Add WV into the attraction and it would normally mean "sellout" except for the fact theist are Syracuse fans which is almost an oxymoron.:(

I wonder if the total lack of marketing is a sign of decent crowd and they dont want to adjust prices?

I wonder if the total lack of marketing is a sign of decent crowd and they dont want to adjust prices?
I have a feeling it's more of an indictment on the abilities of the marketing department of the Dome and SUAthletics.

I have a feeling it's more of an indictment on the abilities of the marketing department of the Dome and SUAthletics.

I know the marketing dept is always an easy target but I think they've actually done a pretty good job this year trying to mobilize the troops. As we know, its hard work trying to get this bunch to the Dome.

I think the Family Weekend thing will bump up attendance to reasonable levels. I'm hoping for a Rutgers sized crowd and a close game to keep the crowd engaged.

I would really hope we are able to draw more than the Rutgers game... Friday night home game?!? its gotta be rockin...no?

I know the marketing dept is always an easy target but I think they've actually done a pretty good job this year trying to mobilize the troops. As we know, its hard work trying to get this bunch to the Dome.

I think the Family Weekend thing will bump up attendance to reasonable levels. I'm hoping for a Rutgers sized crowd and a close game to keep the crowd engaged.
I agree that they're doing all they can. But there is little innovation within their efforts. Parents weekend should help, and I'm looking forward to it as well. Need to keep it close to keep families from bailing.

I agree that they're doing all they can. But there is little innovation within their efforts. Parents weekend should help, and I'm looking forward to it as well. Need to keep it close to keep families from bailing.

Rutgers crowd was pretty good (42k I think). I guess standards change. 42k about 10 years ago would have been abysmal but oh well. Similar sized crowd will be fine, especially with a night game where people will be a bit more liquored up.

I was thinking more along the lines that I have not seen a tv or radio ad for the game. the previous games also had big promotions on ticket prices to create movement.

i heard a rumor that its an ORANGE OUT this friday but haven't seen it marketed anywhere?

Is it going to be an orange out?

One of the benefits of joining the ACC should be marketing. A couple of years ago I purchase a t-shirt for a friends' kid from the UNC website. Since then, because I purchased that one piece of merchandise, I have been receiving the "Tarheel Newsflash" the official UNC sports newsletter from cbssports.com. This e-mail newsletter shows the schedule for all the UNC teams, updates, merchandise, ticket packages, etc. This newsletter is then linked to the UNC athletic site..very well done. I receive one of these e-mails at least once a week.

A top 20 team that is in our conference on a Friday night, I can't wait for the really good excuses why people don't go to this one.

i heard a rumor that its an ORANGE OUT this friday but haven't seen it marketed anywhere?

We are the Syracuse Orangemen. Every game should be an Orange out. Not sure why you would ever wear any other color.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

We are the Syracuse Orangemen. Every game should be an Orange out. Not sure why you would ever wear any other color.

Exactly! Save the navy blue/gray/white/etc. shirts for when your NOT at the Carrier Dome. I've heard people at the Dome (approx.10 years ago mind you) say they don't look good in orange and/or don't own anything orange. What!!! Mookie Jones doesn't look good in orange either, but he sucks it up and wears it.

Exactly! Save the navy blue/gray/white/etc. shirts for when your NOT at the Carrier Dome. I've heard people at the Dome (approx.10 years ago mind you) say they don't look good in orange and/or don't own anything orange. What!!! Mookie Jones doesn't look good in orange either, but he sucks it up and wears it.

i would save the blue and gray for elsewhere except for the fact we wear horrible blue jerseys at home, yes as we are called the orange. hate our color scheme. would love to see orange jerseys with blue and white accents and white pants! would be sweet...

Rutgers crowd was pretty good (42k I think). I guess standards change. 42k about 10 years ago would have been abysmal but oh well. Similar sized crowd will be fine, especially with a night game where people will be a bit more liquored up.

And 42K five years ago would be parade-worthy.

We might be better off going with silver-outs so it looks like a sell-out.

the issue is how they price preferred seating ( upper deck between the 30's)..prices need to be lowered until we are good again

the issue is how they price preferred seating ( upper deck between the 30's)..prices need to be lowered until we are good again

To me, the bigger problem is the lower sidelines. Upper deck between the 30s seems to be generally full.

A top 20 team that is in our conference on a Friday night, I can't wait for the really good excuses why people don't go to this one.

I know several people that aren't going because the football Sectional playoffs start Friday and most, if not all, of the 20 games are Friday night. Don't know how many fans that would be, but I am sure it is in the 100's if not a 1,000.

Good god people. How much do you want them to lower the prices?They are just about giving away tix these days.I do agree with the guy on Syracuse.com and many other people when i say DOME food is THE WORST and MOST OVERPRICED FOOD EVER.I mean we have the best hotdogs on the planet made right here in the Cuse. Yet we gotta pay 4 bux for whatever that CRAP is that they sell.And the 6 bux for a beer is robbery.Last time i payed that much for a beer it was at a hotel room in NYC.

But there are people that will pay.Me and me brother went to MM and he ended up spending 150 bux.

Good god people. How much do you want them to lower the prices?They are just about giving away tix these days.I do agree with the guy on Syracuse.com and many other people when i say DOME food is THE WORST and MOST OVERPRICED FOOD EVER.I mean we have the best hotdogs on the planet made right here in the Cuse. Yet we gotta pay 4 bux for whatever that CRAP is that they sell.And the 6 bux for a beer is robbery.Last time i payed that much for a beer it was at a hotel room in NYC.

$6 for a beer isn't that bad (in an arena). Hell, it's $5 for a bottle of water at a lot of sports venues nowadays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom