Any word on ticket sales? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Any word on ticket sales?

Maybe the answer is to yank out the silver benches and replace them with flip up movie style seats...with color (blue and orange alternating sections). You will lose some seating capacity by probably five thousand or so but at this point, who cares. We can't sell the number of seats we have. It'll also eliminate the silver look when the place goes empty late in the game. You could start with putting those seats in the lower level as an added perk to the higher priced season tickets. And that is where you want people anyway because that is where the TV angles are on.

Good god people. How much do you want them to lower the prices?They are just about giving away tix these days.I do agree with the guy on Syracuse.com and many other people when i say DOME food is THE WORST and MOST OVERPRICED FOOD EVER.I mean we have the best hotdogs on the planet made right here in the Cuse. Yet we gotta pay 4 bux for whatever that CRAP is that they sell.And the 6 bux for a beer is robbery.Last time i payed that much for a beer it was at a hotel room in NYC.

You mean Hofmann, the same hot dogs they sell in the Dome?

Quality of food doesn't keep anyone away from the games, the guy in the Sub-Standard sounded like a petulant hick, and the food and beer is far from overpriced.

And I'm saying that if you don't sell them for $75, then that isn't the right price. But, if we have 35k fans, as you say, and there are only 18k seats (or however many) in the lower tier, there are enough fans to fill those seats - if the price is right.
If you have 5k people paying $115 a seat then SU makes $75k more per game than having 10k pay $50 a seat. Also when the demand increases it is easier to keep those seats at $115 vs having to double the price on 10k seats. Both short and long term, financially it is better to keep prices where they are.

You mean Hofmann, the same hot dogs they sell in the Dome?

Quality of food doesn't keep anyone away from the games, the guy in the Sub-Standard sounded like a petulant hick, and the food and beer is far from overpriced.
Are those dogs really hoffman dogs? Good god man, what do they cook them in? Or do they serve whats left from the week b4?

Are those dogs really hoffman dogs? Good god man, what do they cook them in? Or do they serve whats left from the week b4?
Yep, Hofmann - pregrilled, wrapped, and then kept on heat. They're bad, I'll grant you that. Was served an undercooked one during the Rutgers game, it was the second-worst thing that happened that afternoon.

Are you saying that no one else in the Dome would be willing to sit in those seats at any price?

There is a price out there where those tickets would all be sold and I bet it is higher than the cheapest seat in the house. If the cheapest seats are selling out and the other ones aren't, then it is the pricing and not the demand.

I know in reality it isn't as simple as pricing those seats at the equilibrium price because of the potential negative impact by alienating those ticket buyers who paid full price, but there has to be a more appropriate price (based on demand) than what they currently charge.
Yep, Hofmann - pregrilled, wrapped, and then kept on heat. They're bad, I'll grant you that. Was served an undercooked one during the Rutgers game, it was the second-worst thing that happened that afternoon.
That would be sacrilegious to be sure. No one deserves that. Well almost no one there are one or two individuals who most certainly do. not you.

I never said $50 was the right price and I don't know what the difference in crowd size would be. You also have to factor in parking revenues and concessions revenues for extra fans. There is also no way to account for the impact it has on recruiting, team performance and public perception of the program that comes with bigger crowds and tv angles that don't show 1/3 empty bleachers.

ok so no orange out this week. Thats all I wanted to know. So I can wear my blue SU hoodie and feel OK! Sorry if wearing blue SU gear upsets some of you. Put me on the list behind the people who leave games early...lol

ok so no orange out this week. Thats all I wanted to know. So I can wear my blue SU hoodie and feel OK! Sorry if wearing blue SU gear upsets some of you. Put me on the list behind the people who leave games early...lol
I'd put you third, behind the early leavers, and the people who don't show up at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom