Any word on ticket sales? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Any word on ticket sales?

We are the Syracuse Orangemen. Every game should be an Orange out. Not sure why you would ever wear any other color.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

wear silver

$6 for a beer isn't that bad (in an arena). Hell, it's $5 for a bottle of water at a lot of sports venues nowadays.
I pay it.I just don't like paying it.But this is Syracuse and its a HUGE turn off to many fans.Especially the overpriced crappy food.

Good god people. How much do you want them to lower the prices?They are just about giving away tix these days.I do agree with the guy on Syracuse.com and many other people when i say DOME food is THE WORST and MOST OVERPRICED FOOD EVER.I mean we have the best hotdogs on the planet made right here in the Cuse. Yet we gotta pay 4 bux for whatever that CRAP is that they sell.And the 6 bux for a beer is robbery.Last time i payed that much for a beer it was at a hotel room in NYC.

Nobody is asking them to drop prices on the cheap seats. Most of the discussion is on the empty seats between the 20's which are very obvious. Those are the preferred season tix. When they sell them for individual games, they sell them for the cost of the tix plus 1/7 of the preferred donation the season ticket holder pays. That makes them very expensive seats for an individual game.

We are the Syracuse Orangemen. Every game should be an Orange out. Not sure why you would ever wear any other color.

I really don't like wearing Orange. It's an ugly color.

Plus, it's always the guys wearing orange that sit in front of us that stand and yell all game and won't sit down when we ask them too.

One of them actually made a snide comment when we got up an left the Rutgers game with about 2 minutes to go in regulation.

My girlfriend likes to leave a few minutes early, otherwise it takes 10 or 15 minutes longer to get home from where we park.

Me and my brother was kicked out of a football game in the middle of the 1st quarter one time because people bitched we were standing up to long and being to rowdy.It was only the 2 of us.The ushers need to learn to tell the complainers to SHUT THE BLEEP UP or stay home.

Nobody is asking them to drop prices on the cheap seats. Most of the discussion is on the empty seats between the 20's which are very obvious. Those are the preferred season tix. When they sell them for individual games, they sell them for the cost of the tix plus 1/7 of the preferred donation the season ticket holder pays. That makes them very expensive seats for an individual game.

They really aren't that much money. The most expensive is $115 and that is for 3.5 hours of Football sitting at mid field. I have sold tix on Stubhub for a mid week 2 hour BBall game against Cincy for more than that. It isn't the price as much as the demand. The FB seats need to come down because we don't have fans willing to invest time or money into the FB team. It is not because people can't afford it.

If CNY was passionate about FB those seats would be full.

I pay it.I just don't like paying it.But this is Syracuse and its a HUGE turn off to many fans.Especially the overpriced crappy food.

Well, this is a new one.

Me and my brother was kicked out of a football game in the middle of the 1st quarter one time because people bitched we were standing up to long and being to rowdy.It was only the 2 of us.The ushers need to learn to tell the complainers to SHUT THE BLEEP UP or stay home.

I have no problem with people screaming during the game as I wish more people did it. Only profanity or beer spilling all over people is the only time I have a problem with another fan at the dome.

I really don't like wearing Orange. It's an ugly color.

Plus, it's always the guys wearing orange that sit in front of us that stand and yell all game and won't sit down when we ask them too.

One of them actually made a snide comment when we got up an left the Rutgers game with about 2 minutes to go in regulation.

My girlfriend likes to leave a few minutes early, otherwise it takes 10 or 15 minutes longer to get home from where we park.

haha. I see what you did there.

Exactly! Save the navy blue/gray/white/etc. shirts for when your NOT at the Carrier Dome. I've heard people at the Dome (approx.10 years ago mind you) say they don't look good in orange and/or don't own anything orange. What!!! Mookie Jones doesn't look good in orange either, but he sucks it up and wears it.

i wear a gray shirt every once in a while, but it's only because it's actually an orangemen shirt, from before the rebranding efforts and changing to the orange (which i never liked)

Maybe you are being sarcastic but if not, I would have made a snide remark too.

They really aren't that much money. The most expensive is $115 and that is for 3.5 hours of Football sitting at mid field. I have sold tix on Stubhub for a mid week 2 hour BBall game against Cincy for more than that. It isn't the price as much as the demand. The FB seats need to come down because we don't have fans willing to invest time or money into the FB team. It is not because people can't afford it.

If CNY was passionate about FB those seats would be full.

Actually the most expensive ones are 140-165 before fees. So for a family of 4 you're looking at upwards of $700. Not cheap.

Actually the most expensive ones are 140-165 before fees. So for a family of 4 you're looking at upwards of $700. Not cheap.

I didn't see that price. When I went to check online it gave me mid field lower level for $115 including fees.

Food is not the problem. If it was I wouldn't have to wait in line to get when I'm hungry. The beer prices aren't the problem, especially since I sneak my own in anyway. You want to talk about overpriced - compare the dome with the prices at yankee stadium for the pinstripe bowl. $9 for a Bud Light or whatever crap it was I bought. I should have punched myself for buying it.

The only problem I have with fans is when they stand up in the middle of a play to go to the bathroom or yell to their buddy who is sitting 6 seats away. The last game we were at these douchebags in front of us kept getting up to go who knows where. But of course they did it in the middle of a play, or stood up and then stood there forever before moving towards the stairs.

I would really hope we are able to draw more than the Rutgers game... Friday night home game?!? its gotta be rockin...no?
Some of the "rocking" responsibility fall on the team. They gotta bring it on . Get it going and pull the crowd's noise into the Dome.An early score and or sack on Gino and the always favorite Pick Six or my personal "pick me up" the big KR by an Orangeman.

Some of the "rocking" responsibility fall on the team. They gotta bring it on . Get it going and pull the crowd's noise into the Dome.An early score and or sack on Gino and the always favorite Pick Six or my personal "pick me up" the big KR by an Orangeman.

Some of it does and some of it depends on the crowd trying to pick the team up as well, it goes both ways.

It isn't the price as much as the demand.

Are you saying that no one else in the Dome would be willing to sit in those seats at any price?

There is a price out there where those tickets would all be sold and I bet it is higher than the cheapest seat in the house. If the cheapest seats are selling out and the other ones aren't, then it is the pricing and not the demand.

I know in reality it isn't as simple as pricing those seats at the equilibrium price because of the potential negative impact by alienating those ticket buyers who paid full price, but there has to be a more appropriate price (based on demand) than what they currently charge.

Are you saying that no one else in the Dome would be willing to sit in those seats at any price?

There is a price out there where those tickets would all be sold and I bet it is higher than the cheapest seat in the house. If the cheapest seats are selling out and the other ones aren't, then it is the pricing and not the demand.

I know in reality it isn't as simple as pricing those seats at the equilibrium price because of the potential negative impact by alienating those ticket buyers who paid full price, but there has to be a more appropriate price (based on demand) than what they currently charge.

I am saying that we have a 49k stadium and only 35k fans. There are plenty of seats available. No one is getting shut out, so why buy the good seats when you can sit elsewhere? If we had 45k fans then those seats would sell no problem at the current price, maybe even at a higher one. IMO you can lower those $115 seats to $75 seats and it wouldn't make a difference.

I am saying that we have a 49k stadium and only 35k fans. There are plenty of seats available. No one is getting shut out, so why buy the good seats when you can sit elsewhere? If we had 45k fans then those seats would sell no problem at the current price, maybe even at a higher one. IMO you can lower those $115 seats to $75 seats and it wouldn't make a difference.
If there are adjustments to the seat licensing scheme (and associated ticket prices) and give current preferred seat holders a chance to improve their seating and add a new lower cost preferred seating tier to backfill those then I would expect a lot of the silver in the lower level to disappear. Several of us have contacted the powers-that-be with our own suggestions. I would expect TGD/Marketing to consider them as I'm sure that TGD is not thrilled with the current situation.

And I'm saying that if you don't sell them for $75, then that isn't the right price. But, if we have 35k fans, as you say, and there are only 18k seats (or however many) in the lower tier, there are enough fans to fill those seats - if the price is right.

I'm not sure why food prices are such a big deal. Eat before you go, and/or eat after you leave. It wouldn't hurt a vast majority of Americans to go 4 hours without stuffing their face.

$6 beers are modestly price vs other venues as well. Drink beforehand and/or sneak some in if you're that concerned and "need" to drink. Hell I'd pay $9-$10 for a good stout or porter if I had such an option.

Ticketwise, buying single game tickets suck if you don't know where to look. Ticket b*stard runs $28+fees... so about $35 per ticket even in the cheap seats. $22 for kids which is pretty obsurd as well. Drop the prices for single games w/o last second promos, put some new faces in the building, and perhaps people would come to a few more games or decide to buy seasons the following year. Pricing is great for season ticket holders but decidely not for the casual fan that SU would love to have back in the dome.

If there are adjustments to the seat licensing scheme (and associated ticket prices) and give current preferred seat holders a chance to improve their seating and add a new lower cost preferred seating tier to backfill those then I would expect a lot of the silver in the lower level to disappear. Several of us have contacted the powers-that-be with our own suggestions. I would expect TGD/Marketing to consider them as I'm sure that TGD is not thrilled with the current situation.

Agreed...I think they need to simplify the preferred. Cut back on the volume. They did chop about 5-6 rows off preferred way up at the top of the 3rd level. I think they need to try just between the 30s. Make the seats in the 20s nonpreferred but more than a regular season.

Maybe you are being sarcastic but if not, I would have made a snide remark too.

I was all sarcasm there...

I am absolutely dumbfounded when people get up and leave with 2-3 minutes left when we are tied or within a touchdown or less.

I was all sarcasm there...

I am absolutely dumbfounded when people get up and leave with 2-3 minutes left when we are tied or within a touchdown or less.

You realize I have a 13 minute commute back to Bayberry? That is why I leave with 12 mins to go in the game.

You realize I have a 13 minute commute back to Bayberry? That is why I leave with 12 mins to go in the game.

Mark, don't be an a$$, Bayberry is easily 15 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom