Anybody else feel tonight | Syracusefan.com

Anybody else feel tonight

Rage4CUSE

2018-19 Iggy Hoops NCAA Tourney Record
That the team keeps the game close until the very end. I haven't watched much Duke basketball this season. But I don't believe their defense is going to be giving us fits like the G Tech rotating zone we've never seen before.

That the team keeps the game close until the very end. I haven't watched much Duke basketball this season. But I don't believe their defense is going to be giving us fits like the G Tech rotating zone we've never seen before.
This duke team is night and day better than last years version on defense. Jones is a very good defender. He will make franks enormous task even more difficult.

I love what each of our players brings to the table when they’re focused and playing to their potential.

That being said a win’s only narrowly possible if Frank/Oshae/Marek/Battle/Hughes all show up.

This Duke team’s built for nights like this. Im watching and cheering, but man I hope the guys come out angry tonight. We could use a Silent G on this team.

I love what each of our players brings to the table when they’re focused and playing to their potential.

That being said a win’s only narrowly possible if Frank/Oshae/Marek/Battle/Hughes all show up.

This Duke team’s built for nights like this. Im watching and cheering, but man I hope the guys come out angry tonight. We could use a Silent G on this team.
Totally agree with your first statement. The problem is our team doesn’t play within its strengths or capabilities. Seems bizarre that our team doesn’t have an identity at this point.

I think this is a horrible bounce-back type of game -- especially @ Duke.

I like what you're suggesting, but Saturday's second half performance was abysmal -- seemed like we quit. I'd like to think that our players would show some pride / fight, but after that second half... I don't know. I don't expect us to rise to the occasion tonight, but I hope you are right.

I think this too. Maybe not super close but enough to provide plenty of “if only” type angst afterwards. We’ll see how our guys are stones wise and also see how interested Boeheim is in being competitive this year by how they approach this game. I don’t see us just laying down for the rest of the year though.

I think this is a horrible bounce-back type of game -- especially @ Duke.

I like what you're suggesting, but Saturday's second half performance was abysmal -- seemed like we quit. I'd like to think that our players would show some pride / fight, but after that second half... I don't know. I don't expect us to rise to the occasion tonight, but I hope you are right.

Saturday was embarrassing on all levels. Still not over that.

I think in order to come close, SU needs to make 8-10 more 3 pointers than Duke.

Something like 13-26 vs 4-15 would certainly help the cause..

I've watched Duke. While they can be sloppy and you never know what you'll get from Reddish, they're going to run SU out of Cameron.

This team reminds me of our 2006 team. We relied heavily on outside shooting and no semblance of much else. That team beat #1 UConn (a surreal upset in retrospect), but also got handled at home against Seton Hall.

I fully expect this team to knock off some juggernauts before the year is over, and I also fully expect us to drop more games against Pitt, BC, Wake etc.

giphy.gif

Nope.

Interesting Duke team this year - a much poorer 3-pt shooting team than we've seen in years past (only 33% this year as opposed to their typical 37% to 40% in years past). And they have generally shot the ball way worse against us - only 30.6% from 3-pt range against us in the 8 contests since we joined the ACC in 2014.

Last year, we held them to 2-for-18 from 3-pt range in the first contest and 5-for-26 in the NCAA Tourney - I know their team is totally different, but we essentially have the same personnel running the same defense that has given their program trouble over the years.

I believe this SU team will win or lose based on defense. As much as we all (justifiably) complain about the offense, we're not going to beat too many teams when we give up more than 1.0 points-per-possession. This team needs to win ugly, because we just don't have the offensive talent to outscore teams most nights. Hopefully the boys embrace that mindset tonight and come out and defend their a$$e$ off!

Teams that shoot a lot of threes are going to be up and down. Saturday was down. I predict tonight will be up. Maybe not a win, but I expect it to be a close game for 38 minutes.

White will kill us from the corner. He’s very underrated. Barnett and Redish made several threes against FSU. They are taller than any of our wings and will shoot over us. Williamson will get the ball in the high post and just drive it to to basket. He will foul out our entire front line. Jones will drive Howard, Battle and Carey crazy all night. If this isn’t a blow out I will be shocked. This team has not shown the ability to make plays or make each other better.

What I want to know who is the 4th string Center who will have to play the last 5 to 10 minutes?

I think in order to come close, SU needs to make 8-10 more 3 pointers than Duke.

Something like 13-26 vs 4-15 would certainly help the cause..

I'll take the over on both of those projected attempt amounts. I suspect we'll jack up more than 30 threes.

I'll take the over on both of those projected attempt amounts. I suspect we'll jack up more than 30 threes.

Especially if Duke decides to zone us for significant stretches. We'll be content launching all day from deep again, regardless if we're hitting or not. If they are going in, then we at least keep it close. If not, we get run out of the gym.